My new wife and I have just spent the past two weeks at The Sheraton, Hua Hin. This place is outstanding. It was a 3 hour transfer to the hotel from Bangkok so as you can imagine after a 10.5 hour flight from England you are very tired, as we arrived we was instantly welcomed in and was seated with fresh juice while they checked us in which only took 5 minutes. As we was on our Honeymoon we received in our room a bottle of Champagne on ice, we also received a 20% discount on all food and beverages and got the usual room upgrade. The grounds in the hotel are one of the best I have seen. The staff worked 24/7 to make sure that every leaf is swept from the path, everything is kept clean and tidy, attention to detail is what this place is all about. You also get the kindest of welcomes everytime you pass a member of staff.
Although this place had top notch service, unfortunatly the prices where extortionate. While we was there we met 4 other couples, one of which mentioned that she traveled with work and had stayed at 5* hotels in London and Paris and was paying less there than at this Sheraton. This definatly did not ruin the experience for me, after 6 days at the Sheraton I spent around the region of 23'000 baht just on food and drink and a couple of massages, which is a little over 400 GBP.
After that we mostly traveled into Hua Hin to eat and drink. You got double the portions but more than half the price. If you hunt carefully you will find some superb places to eat. A Merc or a BMW from the hotel only costs 300 baht 1 way, once you arrive in Hua Hin town 10 - 15 minuits later, everything you need is within a 5 minute walk. The Night Market, which is on every evening from 5pm to 12am, has every kind of souvanier you could want. Also in the area are alot of Suit shops, I found that these places where the only places that hastled you. As you walk past they will make you feel intimidated into going into their shop. If you are interested in Thai Silk Suits then make sure you stick to the quality shops such as Mike and Co, or Picasso's. Walking through the night market and the fresh food markets couldnt be more stress free, people just leave you alone to decide for yourself, but be sure to barter as you can get some brilliant deals.
Plenty to see, there are somethings in Thailand you just have to witness, such as the lady-boy shows and the Pool Bars where the prostitutes work. It isnt as bad as it sounds.
Took tooks are everywhere in the town and if you barter with them you can get a lift back to the Sheraton for 250 baht.
The Sheraton Resort & Spa is highly recomended by my wife and I, and I can possitivly say that we will be returning in the near future. Thankyou too all the staff for making us feel so welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood APAC, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cha-Am