Travelled from Ireland to the Sheraton Hua Hin for the Christmas and New year break. I could write a book about our trip as it was so amazing.
We booked two lagoon access rooms for ourselves and our three kids (11-8 and 6) The rooms were a perfect size exceptionally clean and amazing to have our own personal pool. The pool is 4ft deep throughout which was great for the safety of our kids. The lagoon leads to a beautiful main pool which over looks the ocean. Where it is a pity that the beach was not nice, the grass area beside it was perfect for sunbathing and the pool staff were great.
The first night we arrived we ate in ASIA restaurant which was lovely but wondered why it and all the restaurants were not busy, It turned out that most people went out to eat every night. The beach restaurant had a BBQ twice a week which we found very good. The Salas restaurant was good for lunch but a little expensive. A new hotel had just opened 100 yards down the beach called Yai Ya which had beautiful food and a friendly atmosphere for lunch and dinner. We ate in the Dusit Thani and Anantra hotels which are well worth a visit lovely food and very luxurious.
The town of Hua Hin is not what we expected, at first we were cautious about our safety but soon realised that it was totally safe. The people are happy ,easy going and a pleasure to see how they use there hand skills to make a living. The night market is well worth a visit. We went for a foot message opposite the Hilton Hotel with the kids which was a great experience, they loved it. ( €30.00 for five of us including a tip) We ate at two restaurants in town, 1/ Cafe de Paris which was nice and the food excellent. 2/ Coco 51, nice beach restaurant, good food and lovely atmosphere with Jazz playing in the backround.
We went elephant riding which the children loved, they offer 1 hour rides but we only took 30 minutes which was definately enough.
Before signing off I will return to the Sheraton. I would highly recommend this hotel. One change I think they should make is there restaurant set up and bar they could make more comfortable.
The staff at the Sheraton were unbelieveable, from the bell boys, to reception, pool staff, and management. Thai people are exactly what you hear, friendly, generous and amazing with children.
I could not recommend the Sheraton and Thailand highly enough!!
Finally, we took a 30 minute plane hop back to Bangkok (€60.00 pp) which was a lot less stressful than the 2.5 hour transfer. When you see how they drive you will know where I am coming from!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Embedded in a tropical garden, Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa comprises nine buildings surrounding a 200 meter long, lagoon-style swimming pool, 6 restaurants & bars, spa, fitness center, 2 tennis courts and a kid's club. All deluxe rooms feature a private garden, balcony or direct access to the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sheraton Hua Hin Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Hua Hin Hotel Cha-Am
- Sheraton Hua Hin Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Cha-Am