The 3 things that I need to say about the Regent Chalet Hotel at the front of this review are probably the most important to most travellers:
1. Take mosquito repellent with you - Boots Jungle Formula seemed to work for us - avoid sitting out in shorts in the evening, this is when the mozzies will do their worst. If you really want to sit out at night in shorts make sure you have treated your legs and feet with the aforesaid repellent.
2. If your portable PC (tablet, Iphone etc) is 3G enabled you can purchase a micro card from True-H in Hua Hin for 99 Thai Baht (about £2.00) - mine lasted the full 10 days I was there and I never had a bad connection. The True-H shop is on the corner of the street where the night market is held - just across the road and down a bit from Star Bucks.
3. When you order a meal make sure you order your starter and main meal separately otherwise you will get them all together. Even if they push you to order both at the same time with a promise of a delay - don't, as you will still get them all together.
Right, those 3 things said we had a brilliant time at Regent Chalets, the pool is nice, big and warm. Although you are right next to the beach the sea is not ideal for swimming due to Jellyfish - that said we did not miss it at all. There are plenty of Sun Loungers, although demand increases at weekends when the Thais visit the resort for the Friday and Saturday. Fresh towels are available daily on the production of your towel card. The chalets are of a reasonable size with a main room and a bathroom, although a bit limited on storage space they are certainly liveable for a week or so. Our view was that the chalets are looking a little tired and are probably due for a renovation. Each chalet has a veranda making it a very pleasant experience to sit outside (note mozzie point above). Also in each chalet is a kettle and you are also given 2 complimentary bottles of water each day. I go back to point 2 that I made above, if you do not have a 3G facility the hotel can provide internet - at a cost! It is better to go into the village and use the free facilities in the numerous bars and cafes. Whilst we are on the point of the village there are some really good restaurants to eat in - all of them are reasonably priced - the ones we recommend are 'Johns', 'The Family Restaurant' and 'Lucky Restaurant' - for the 2 of us with a starter and a main with drinks cost about £20.00. It is also well worth going into Hua Hin on the shuttle bus and having a meal there, the main eating place is in the market, when you walk up through the market you will cross a road, on the other side of that road is where all the restaurants are - it is a fish lover's paradise! Again, all reasonably priced.
Breakfast in the Hotel is buffet style with a good variety of foodstuffs from continental through Thai to English. The view from the terrace at breakfast is beautiful.
All in all it was a tremendous break albeit too short! As others have commented it is a quiet hotel but we liked it like that, we met some wonderful people and were treated so well by the hotel staff. Unfortunately there was one British couple (from SAGA we think) who were extremely rude to the staff - there is no place for that sort of behaviour.
We would be happy to provide any further information if it's required. Happy holidays!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Regent Cha-Am Beach Resort has a view of majestic mountains, lush gardens and the panoramic Gulf. The hotel is in fact three hotels in one: The Regent Cha-Am, The Regency Wing, and The Regent Chalet. With its large area and its light and airy design, the hotel manages to attract diverse clientele yet remain a peaceful, tranquil retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Regent Chalet Regent Beach Cha-Am reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regent Chalet Regent Beach Cha-Am Hotel Cha-Am
- Holiday Inn Cha Am