“Another great stay! Our 3rd time!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   856 Haadsooksamer, Cha-am 76120, Thailand   |
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Cha-am
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Another great stay! Our 3rd time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had our 3rd great stay at Cera Resort! We always enjoy this hotel with its great staff, quiet location (not in the city), next to the ocean and close to multiple golf courses. In the mornings we golfed at Springfield, Palm Hills, Black Mountain, and Lake View. All are within ~15-20min by taxi.

Room Tip: There are ocean view rooms in the main building and in the tower.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Lars_of _D,

Thank you so much for your valuable time to write a comment for Cera Resort. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have a chance to welcome you again in the future.

Kind regards,
Boonream O.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Two of us stayed in Cera in June 2013, and while we enjoyed our five days here we probably wouldn't be in a rush back. While the accommodation was lovely - particularly the pool area was very clean etc, it was quite dull, so music around the pool, no bar, place in darkness by 8 or 9pm and the village it was closest to was certainly a glimpse of real Thailand which we did enjoy but probably wouldn't return to. Pretty sure we had cat for dinner in a local restaurant one night. The hotel is very cheap and the food is amazing and perhaps if there was a little more atmosphere around the grounds in the evening the hotel would make more money from people lingering on for a drink etc.

I don't want to be overly negative but I wouldn't return to this hotel mainly because if we had known, we would have stayed along the main Cha Am beachfront where there is a lot more activity and it doesn't feel quite so lonely!

Saying that, if you want to see real Thailand, the village which is probably five mins stroll from the hotel is WONDERFUL for genuine food & beer, cocktails and authentic thai markets and a chance to soak up the culture a bit. Met a great taxi driver (Mr Vit) who, if you ask for him as they know him at the hotel, will drive you literally all over the place for virtually nothing, the equiv of 10 euro. If you like seafood, ask him to drive you to the seafood restaurant which he recommends, you will not be disappointed.

Overall, I'd recommend for a two night stay to get a glimpse of like i said, Real Thailand, and then move on to Hua Hin where the beaches are cleaner, the atmosphere is electric and the markets amazing.

On another note there was no spa or fitness centre that I noted! So probably not a resort. But nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Found the staff very helpful and hotel excellent value for money. The area around could really do with some investment and cleaning up. Breakfast was a real treat and wish I had made better use of it.

• Stayed September 2013
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear KerryDickinson,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments on our property.Our team always pay high attention to keep our resort neat and clean.Still there are some neighboring area which need improvement. Thanks for your suggestion,we will see what we can do on this matter.

Thank you once again for your valuable time and we hope to have a chance to welcome you to
our resort again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is located away from Cha Am town, but with a village walking distance nearby with restaurants, massage shops, and a large 7/11. The hotel has a shuttle service, although we had a car which made things easy. We used the hotel as a base to explore the Cha Am and Hua Hin areas. After a day site seeing it was great to relax in the pool. We ate food from the restaurant for 3 dinners, and all meals were delicious. The rooms are huge with flatscreen TV, an OK selection of channels, colourful ceramic bathtub and decoration, and a big balcony. We met a fun couple from Sweden who stay there regularly, and their enthusiasm for the hotel was well founded. If you want a relaxing holiday in a near new, spotlessly clean hotel, with helpful smiling staff, then this is the hotel for you. It would be a great place for children, and for couples wanting a quiet time, and strolls along the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a seaview. The staff were most accomodating in moving us to a room with a great view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr.Stephen P.

We thank you so much for your valuable time to write a favorable comments on our property and services.We are happy to learn that you are satisfied with our facilities,meals and hospitality.
On behalf of our team,thank you once again and we hope to have a chance to welcome you to our resort again in the future.

With Kind regards,
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here twice during July and August, I thought the Cera was a lovely hotel. I had to check out for two nights during my stay to move to a resort on the Cha am Beach road, but I soon checked back in to the Cera again as I felt the staff here were very helpful and friendly. Even allowing me to practice speaking Thai despite that they could speak better English than I could Thai. The resort is right on the sea front, although you'll have to walk along the shore a few meters to find a part of the beach big enough to sit on if the tide is in. The swimming pool and the little gardens are well maintained, with sun loungers around the pool area. The staff will happily put out mattress's and put up the sunshades and serve drinks for you. The breakfast/dinning area is just the other side of the pool and the staff here really make you feel welcome, pouring fresh coffee and serving freshly cooked omelets or fried eggs, there was always plenty of fresh fruit to enjoy as well. Even though I overslept one morning and had just missed the closing time for breakfast I was still made to feel welcome and I managed to get my omelet and coffee (Kop khun krub girls)
The hotel rooms are set in two blocks, one block has the reception area in it and the rooms here are clean and well laid out. I stayed in the block with the reception during my first stay. The room over looked the pool but I could see the sea if I looked to my left a little. Comfortable (single ) beds with clean sheets, the bathroom was very spacious with a shower and separate bath tub. The room was cleaned everyday, as were the towels. I later returned to Cera after I had been away for a couple of nights. This time to be given a room in the other block just past the open bar/lounge area. This room was even bigger, with a fine view over the resort looking out towards the sea. You had to walk though the bathroom to get to the bedroom which had a queens sized double bed, but the bathroom was clean and a good size. Again the room was kept spotlessly clean and the staff were all extremely helpful and friendly. I used the room service one evening and the service and the quality of meals delivered were excellent. I also used the laundry service (twice) and the clothes were retuned to me smelt clean & fresh and they were nicely pressed. Although I would happily stay here again when I am next in the Cha am or Hua Hin area, I feel I must point out that because of the location of the Cera Resort, about 9 kms from Cha and about 20 kms to Hua Hin, you will need to consider using local taxi's to get back and forth from both towns unless you have you own transport, luckily the Cera has ample car parking space. The village it's self is a sleepy little place with a few bars and restaurants serving Thai or 'international' meals (pizza probably) with a couple offering a fine 'Full English breakfast'. There are a few massage parlours along the soi and, if you look carefully, a couple of internet cafes. At the south end of the soi, opposite the Novotel Cha am Beach Resort, is a Seven Eleven. The people who live and work in the village were all friendly and laid back, they were always happy to just sit and chat and pass the time of day. I would recommend the Cera Resort Cha-am as the Staff are genuinely lovely, really warm and welcoming, the service provide is excellent and the accommodation is clean, comfortable and spacious, which all made a peaceful, relaxing, trouble free vacation, Next time I won't mess about staying in different locations I'll head straight for the Cera Resort and chill out. I also have it on good authority the Thai spa service provided by the Cera is marvellous and the massage therapists is really well trained, so there will be no need to waste money using the 'massage parlours' along the village soi.

Room Tip: The rooms in both blocks are well appointed, The rooms in the block without the reception area are b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mr.David A.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments,it's a great pleasure to learn that you were happy and satisfied with our property and services.This is an encouragement to the management and staff to continue our best effort to satisfy our valued customers.
On behalf of the team,thank you once again for your wonderful review and we hope to have a chance to welcome you to have a pleasant stay with us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Found this place on agoda.com and stayed here for a week. A very nice place to stay for a family vacation. Everything about this place is excellent.
For me and my family we found the staff to be very professional, very friendly and very helpful. They deserve much credit for making our stay so enjoyable. I can recommend this place to everybody who is looking for a quiet place for a holiday destination.

• Stayed July 2013
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear iKriz,

We thank you so much for your valuable comments extend to our property and services.
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and have a good time hear.This will encourage all of us to continue our best hospitalities and services.

On behalf of our team,thank you once again for your time and we hope to have a chance to welcome you and family again at our resort.

Boonream Onsaeng
Cha-am Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My name is Robert Everitt form country Victoria Australia , I booked Cera Resort , Cha-am on line before leaving Australia with my Thai fiance'e Udon . We arrived a day earlier than booked and late in the day !! For a 28 night stay , and have 8 nights before we have to leave this wonderful resort . and the friendly happy , family of Staff that we have become attached to . The resort is well located on the beach in a quiet village 7 ks from Cha-am and about 17 ks from Hua Hin , walking distance to local food and shops and resort transport or taxi's to HuaHin . The rooms are very spacious with big bathrooms and a bath tub . The swimming pool and outdoor entertaining area's are beautiful , and very easy to relax in , and a 50 meter walk to a safe quiet beach . The restaurant and bakery offer the best food I have eaten in Thailand at a very reasonable price , and the attentive and friendly staff have made our stay " Fantastic " And the Thai cooking class with head chef Pattra should not be missed . This has been a great holiday , a great resort , fabulous food and lovely friendly staff .

Room Tip: My name is Robert Everitt form country Victoria Australia , I booked Cera Resort , Cha-am on line be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
boonream o, Manager at Cera Resort Chaam, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Robert E.

On behalf on our team,we would like to thank you for your valuable comments about your holiday at Cera Resort Cha-Am.We highly appreciate your comments of our hospitality and services.We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our cooking class and most delighted that you had a good memorable holiday with us.

We are more than happy welcoming you and Khun Udon back again next time you visit Thailand.

Kind regards,
Boonream Onsaeng
Room Division Manager

Been to Cera Resort Chaam? Share your experiences!