I (32 year old female) stayed in Alila Cha-am with my mother for 9 nights in February. We were absolutely impressed with every aspect of our stay. When we were there, the hotel was not busy, however, it is the kind of place which oozes tranquility even if it would have been more crowded.
- impeccable service (we never heard "no" or the slightest of hesitation on our requests)and attention to detail. We really liked the rose water sprays and cold scented towels you got upon arrival at one of the pools or the beach. Water and fruit sticks were provided complimentary throughout the day. Every night after dinner, you came back to your room where a nice jazzy cd was playing, candles were lighted and a small snack and card showing the activities of the next day were provided.
- food: in some recent reviews I read several complaints on the food quality and portions. Although the portions are not the largest (but we almost never took a three course, as two would suffice), the quality of the food was really high. The menu was varied enough for 9 nights, offering Thai and Italian/mediterranean dishes. Also here a lot of flexibility was offered: you could eat whatever you like, whenever you like and where you like. The executive chef Joel Wilkinson was very attentive and catered for all my special wishes due to my dietary requirements. We also really enjoyed having lunch on the beach, which was served also in an impeccable, classy way. Although wines and coffee were not cheap, this was compensated by the very reasonable food prices (f.e. a pasta or Thai curry for about EÛR 6). Breakfast was very varied (in principle a-la-carte but if the hotel is busy/catering frorgroups, it is presented buffet style) and offers all the 'Western' choices besides the more Thai oriented options. Three types of breakfast plans were included in our room package, but when I ordered outside of these plans from the menu, this was at no extra charge. Besides orange juice each day another fruit juice is on offer and can be refilled as much as you like.
- design and comfort: the design of the hotel is very modern and minimalistic, however without compromising on comfort. The beds in the room as well as the loungers by the beach and the pools are very comfortable. We also enjoyed the music system and rain shower a lot as well as the high quality and lovely smelling amenities provided, such as shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. We were upgraded to a deluxe terrace room, and really liked that we could have an early morning tea (facilities provided in the room) outside. As the previous reviewer said, the terraces at the 'inside' are best, also because (building 2 and 5) you are literally 5 steps away from the Chill Pool.
- SPA: the Alila Signature massage was one of the best massages I ever had (and I had several in Bali and for example also in the Como Shambala Spa of Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos). After your treatment you are offered a small champagne sorbet, to sink in the realxed atmosphere a little more. Prices are reasonable, also of the products offered for sale (f.e. a peppermint foodcreme for about EUR 5).
Although I can hardly think of any lows, I might mention that during the last nights of our stay more and more bugs visited our room at night, and they seemed not be too bothered with the insect repellant spray. Therefore, I think the hotel should consider to place nets around the beds. As a final point, the wc is in the bathroom with only a glass door separating it from the rest of the bathroom. Maybe for couples this is less of a problem (although I can imagine that one would want some privacy anyhow), but a partly shaded door would be recommendable in my view.
All in all we had a fantastic stay. I would recommend the hotel to anyone who loves being pampered in a design and tranquil setting. I saw some comparisons to Aman resorts and having visited Amanyara I can say that although the architecture is maybe even more impressive at Amanyara as is it location, the service, comfort and overall quality of the experience at Alila was at least of the same level as Amanyara's. And there is a big price difference...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel de la Paix is the first stylish, boutique resort in the charming coastal town of Cha-Am on the north west coast of the Gulf of Thailand closeby the famous resort town of Hua Hin. Located just 20 minutes drive from Hua Hin airport, it's bold, unconventional design fused with luxurious contemporary living makes it one of the region's hottest resorts. White sand beaches, leafy palm trees and azure waters provide the backdrop for this tropical getaway, and the resort's maze of interconnected pathways, private terraces and courtyards incorporates as much of this natural beauty as possible. For leisure and fun there are two pools: an active pool for family fun near the beach, and an adults only chill pool next to the spa. Guests can enjoy nature walks, kayak tours, mountain bike rides, water sports, cultural sight-seeing, culinary instruction or golf at one of the eight, internationally-acclaimed courses near the resort. From the grand entrance stairway to the rooftop reflecting pool, every detail is understated yet unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel De La Paix Cha Am reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Cha Am
- Alila Hotel Cha Am