“Best breakfast buffet in Thailand” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel De La Paix Hua Hin Managed by Accor

You added Hotel De La Paix Hua Hin Managed by Accor to your Saves list
Hotel De La Paix Hua Hin Managed by Accor
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   115 Moo 7 | Bangkao, Cha-am 76120, Thailand (Formerly Hotel De La Paix Cha Am)   |
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Cha-am
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Best breakfast buffet in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This hotel is great.

My wife and I loved waking up to the complimentary yoga and then the best breakfast in Thailand. His was a great mixture between eastern and western cuisines.

There was simply too much to try for one breakfast. Youll Need a few days at least.

The staff are great and did everything they could to be helpful.

My wife had multiple trips to the spa and loved it.

The only negatives;
- there is not much to do there apart from the pool and sitting on the beach. It would have been great if they had some type of games room or water sports ( if there had of been a surf ski/ stand up paddle board this resort would have been perfect)
- it is not close to cha am

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Was there in August 2012, moved from a hell vacation home. It's like heaven if you compare the two. I love the structure of this place. It's very earthy. Very modern and looks very grand. We stayed at the Horizon room which is the basic room, but it's huge. Bathroom is a the size of a bed room from the regular hotels in Hua hin. The best part of the room is, that's high ceiling. Got a sweet deal off Agoda for 3,500 baht includes 1 hour oil massage for 2 + breakfast. They gave us the room that is furthest though, but that didn't discourage my praise for this resort.

The best part of this place are the staff. Very attentive, very eager to help, and very efficient.

The spa as just ok. I've had better at Aka resort, though I did got my first trial of hot rock therapy(still not that impressive), but it was 50% off so I couldn't really complain.

Breakfast was pretty decent, but i would like to suggest the omelet to not be beaten and left them sitting in the bucket. My 2 cousin had them and got food poisoning from it. Take the regular fried eggs better, they get them for eggs right away. Anything sitting there is just not good. All it takes is 1 bad egg to spoil the batch.

Overall, I would go again as the service and the room is good. Location, not so important to me as I drive there. The reason that I didn't give this place 5 start is because the beach is not so nice, the massage is just so so, and my cousin got food poisoning. I'm willing to over look those as the rest are so. My cousin even had a great time despite their conditions. Thanks for the staff for pointing me to the the nearest pharmacy. Carbon pills + Oreda + motillium works wonders. :)

Room Tip: We got 422 and 421 rooms. which is like the 2nd room from the reception. 421 is viewing the inside...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed four nights at Hotel De la Paix Cha Am (August 2012) and enjoyed everthing; the rooms are very well furnished, the bathroom is big and you will find everything what you need. What we aprreciated most is the staff: professional, gentle, helpful and always with a smile. The breakfast is very rich and able to satisfy everyone. We also had excellent dinner at the hotel, and will recommend both of restaurants; the quality of the food is perfect. They also have a shuttle service to Hua Hin, which is comfortable. A very good relaxing experience, which we will repeat again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We're so impressed with the service minded, every staffs are so gentle, helpful and good manners. The hotel decoration is harmonious with surrounding, simply and stylish. We'd really great time and relax and we want to return again if we have time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed at Hotel De La Paix in July and found the experience to be rather mixed but overall still positive.

For my arrival, I arranged for the Fast Track Service and a hotel limo to pick me up. The Fast Track Service worked as I had hoped, I was met at the gate and escorted straight through VIP Immigration and out to the limo after retrieving my luggage. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Camry I had booked was upgraded to a Mercedes. The driver was polite and the journey to the hotel went fairly well.

Upon arrival, a very refreshing welcome drink was served while the check-in was done. They were kind enough to send a buggy to drive me to the Villa I had reserved, which was right on the ocean front. I could hear the waves at night. I was surprised to find that the Villa is actually separated into 2 buildings, the bedroom and master bathroom in one building, and the living/study/dining room as well as a spare bathroom in the other building. This made it rather inconvenient whenever I dined in the room and wanted to access the mini-bar. However as it is part of the resorts architecture, I suppose that's how it is intended. I absolutely enjoyed the rain shower and to the fact that the shower was attached to the high ceiling, it really felt lke rain. I found the sink to be rather odd though, as due to the position of the tap relative to the sink, it was hard for me to wash my face without having to contort my head a little. The internet was of a good speed although the Apple TV gave so many problems, I eventually gave up trying to use it, even with the help of their IT/maintenance team.

In terms of the resort in general, it looks very modern and the 2 main swimming pools look great. I was rather disappointed with the beach though, it wasn't very well maintained and it wasn't the soft sands that I was expecting. The room service menu is decent but the quality left quite a bit to be desired. I did enjoy the breakfast buffet, as it offered a decent selection. The spa is rather pricey and the quality of the massages could be better. I booked a 2hr package but ended up only getting a little more than 1.5hrs, which was very disappointing.

Where the hotel really excels is in terms of service. Although the housekeeping was rather inconsistent, on one day they even left the trash on the table for me, they did a decent job. The staff are very polite and informative. When I enquired about the possibility of arranging a private car to drive me around Hua Hin/Cha-Am, they enquired about my preferred destinations and the length of time I'd like to spend. The arrangements were made very quickly and I was out and about within an hour. The resort also provides a complimentary shuttle service to Hua Hin's town centre and to the weekly Cha-Am night market.

There weren't that many guests staying throughout the period of my stay, as such it felt even more exclusive. For my departure, I used the hotel limo again but was a little disappointed as the driver seemed to be a little clueless about my destination, I was going to a hotel in Bangkok, I had expected that he would be well aware of my destination, having provided it even before I had first arrived at the resort. Overall though, it was a decent experience and for all their flaws, their attentiveness and willingness to assist the guests made all the difference. Special nod to the front office staff Na and Kuan, who were very pleasant and most helpful throughout my stay as well as to Jariya from their reservations team, who every patiently advised me on many issues before I made the trip.

Room Tip: The pool villas are nice but the other rooms would probably be good enough as they all have the same...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked pool Villa and got a special price from a hotel booking website. It was really worth. This place is secluded. We got a greatest location of pool villa. The space was very big. 4 persons could stay in a villa but 2 persons need to pay extra. Over all service is really great. We had small party by the private pool and the room service was very helpful. The food was good though the breakfast was not very impressive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

The definition of a fine hotel has to be one where from the time you arrive, until the time you leave, you experience a feeling of total well being and calm.

This is exactly what this 5 star property delivers!

From the warm welcome upon arrival, the refreshing towels provided whilst you check in, through to the personalised room introduction by the reception manager, to the wonderful architecture, the fine dining under the stars, the beautiful swimming pool, the manificent beach walks, right down to the caring attention of the beach boy, constantly providing you with complimentary botteld iced water throughout the day, this hotel delivers everything for those wanting to get away from the stresses of modern living.

£30 minutes from the fun and shopping of Hua Hin, serviced by the hotels air conditioned shuttle bus. The hotel rests in an unspoiled location just outside the town of Chaaan.

The vast buffet breakfast provides to all tastes, and the complmentary daily afternoon high tea is another unique feature.

Strongly recommended, we were there for 6 weeks and will be returning next year.

Room Tip: All rooms are vast in size, s the cheapest uon the upper floors are fine, and they are lighter getti...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel De La Paix Hua Hin Managed by Accor? Share your experiences!