“Highlight of my trip in Thailand” 5 of 5 stars

Type: National Parks
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Characterized by lowland rainforests and limestone mountains, this 739-square-kilometer park offers a variety of outdoor adventure including elephant trekking, hiking, jeep safaris and canoeing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Chicago, IL
38 attraction reviews
“Highlight of my trip in Thailand”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I took their 3 day 2 night tour with 1 night at chieow larn lake and 1 night at khao sok national park with elephant trekking at the elephant camp. If you don't have time and have to choose, do the lake. It has absolutely stunning scenery. I am well travelled but the journey on the lake and the view from the raft houses left me speechless.
Kris and all the guides were extremely helpful and very professional which made me comfortable doing this adventure. Originally I thought that their tours were quite expensive, but now I think this was money well spent and I would do this tour again in a heartbeat.
Kris provides a detailed well planned itinerary along with other helpful documents and suggestions. The arranged tours and transportation from Koh Samui and then to Phuket were all on time.

Overall I think this is the tour company of choice if you would like to explore the lake and surrounding area.

Look for my upcoming review of chieow larn lake!

Visited July 2011

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
“Limestone Lake tours - Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

After reading previous good reviews on the above booked a tour with them. So glad I did, 'Kris' was so helpful and organised everthing and was prompt with my endless list of questions. She arranged my transport from Surat Thani airport out to Chieow Laan Lake. Was an overcast day when I went out on the lake and when the clouds parted to show the limstone cliffs coming out of the water reminded me of the 'hanging cliffs' on the Avatar movie; absolutley stunning. The floating raft houses were amazing, something a bit off the beaten track and totally worthwhile if you want to see something a bit differant from Thailand. The staff out there were so friendly and the food (all included in the price of the tour) was beautiful and heaps of it. LLT then arranged my transport onto Phuket, very helpful. So yes, definatley reccommend this and will be doing this again when I go back, might try the tree hut houses next time which LLT also can organise.

Visited July 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Travel Highlight with Limestone Lake Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We booked a tour with Limestone Lake Tours and found this trip to be a highlight out of all of our travel experiences, Southeast Asia and elsewhere.

We were picked up from our Phuket hotel in an air-conditioned car and driven 2.5 hours out of town where we got on a longtail boat for an hour. What a boat ride - the scenery was stunning with huge limestone cliffs and jungle on all sides! We stayed in some floating bamboo bungalows from which you could jump straight off the walkway into the temperate water. It was peaceful, quiet, and stunningly beautiful in all directions.

We did some trekking into a cave as well as an early morning kayak, and were lucky enough to see gibbons, langurs, hornbills and many other interesting animals. Our guide was extremely helpful and shared lots of knowledge about the plants and animals we saw. We only did a 2 day, 1 night trip and wished we never had to leave!

I strongly recommend you book with Limestone Lake Tours to go and see this park, as you will get to see and learn more. We usually like to plan things on our own, but truly - the itinerary and accommodation we enjoyed would not have been possible. DO get out of Phuket and see this park - it is worlds away from those crowded beaches!

Visited October 2010
Windsor, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing, Beautiful Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

If you stay near the main park entrance you can just walk to the park (5-10 mins for us) and follow several marked walks for hours - there are several waterfalls to explore. We bought our own park tickets at the gate, although you can take guided tours - best if you go at night! Also, just before you go in the park there's a free visitor centre with lots of information.

If you want to visit the Lake and go into cakes you have to take a guided tour which goes in another park entrance about an hour away by car, we booked with Khao Sok Valley lodge who have an excellent English speaking guide.

Visited February 2011
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“A must do trip when in Thailand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

We took a one night / two day tour with the Sutin Group (most tour operators offer tours with them) and it turned out there was only one other person on our tour and we were the only people coming from Krabi so the experience was pretty personalised.

En route from Krabi we stopped at a beautiful Wat in the hills and also at a few viewpoints as we got towards Khao Sok. First we went elephant trekking which lasted about 1 hour then we went and checked into our room which was a bungalow on stilts with an amazing view of the limestone mountains. After a very delicious and filling thai lunch of curry, soup and various other dishes we went kayakking down the river. For us this was the highlight as the limestone landscape was beautiful.

We were impressed with the tour operators as despite us joining a one day tour group of about 20 people they spaced out the elephant trekking and kayakking so you felt like you were the only people on the river/in the jungle which we appreciated.

In the evening the tour group left and we were there with one other guy. We sat down to another tasty meal. The staff - a bit reluctantly as it wasnt very warm! - took us on a night safari - kayakking on the river near the huts where we were staying. This didnt yield much wildlife but again it was a good experience to kayak at night with the beautiful scenery all around.

The next day we took a walk in Khao Sok. This was probably the most disappointing part of the tour as the guides English was not great and the trail we took was quite busy with other tours groups. Also as you are only on the outskirts of the park (a 1.5 hour walk into the park along the river took us barely to the start of many of the trails before we had to head back again) the wildlife sightings were pretty minimal - though we did see birds, butterflies, spiders and monkeys.

If I were to visit again I would definitely take the lake tour and spend more time in the national park, however as a chance to try elephant trekking and kayakking and an introduction to Khao Sok we felt this tour was a good choice. Especially due to the comfortable accommodation, friendly staff and good food.

Just as a note for those wanting to get away from it all and truly be in the heart of Khao Sok these bungalows and many others are outside of the national park boundaries close to the main road so at times road noise was audible so check this if it is an issue for you.

Visited December 2010