“Days in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 60 Hotels in Khao Lak
Espergærde
“Days in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Haadson Resort is a perfect place for both a quiet twosome holiday and for a family stay.

The garden and surroundings are very beautiful, and wellkept. Exotic flowers and plants everywhere.

The staff are very friendly, smiley and eager to fulfill every wish you might express.

It was a joy to experience how the whole resort succesfully managed to keep there own standard of using only natures products in every little detail. Very aestetic and inspiring.

I wil recommend Haadson resort two anyone seeking a beautiful holiday in paradise.

Room Tip: I can recommend the Villas wonderful outdoor shower, from where you can look straight up at coconut...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Thai first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Important to say that this is probably not the right location for people scared of geckos, ants etc...as this resort is located virtually in the rain forest, you can always come across these.
However, the room were very clean and the whole resort is also extremely nice and clean. So if you are not scared of things like little geckos and you prefer a calm location, this is a great place.
Staff was also very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast.
the location was a bit remote though - you had to take a taxi to Khao Lak "City". Near the resort there were only 3 simple restaurants - we tried the first one and surprisingly enjoyed some of the best seafood we had during our whole Thailand trip!
Beach is right across the (empty) street from the resort and there are plenty of sunbeds there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

When we arrived it was the evening and pouring with rain and we felt like we were staying in the jungle! The resort looked stunning with a beautiful river running through it, frogs were jumping around, ducks swimming in the lake and lights lit up the bridge and the walk way. The gardens were kept beautifully and overall we were blown away by it all. We were given a drink and towels on arrival and they upgraded us to a villa as it was our honeymoon and they had space, we were very appreciative of this and ended up with a spacious villa with lake views and a balcony. The villas were all spaced out giving you privacy so we were able to play music and not be disturbed. We also had an outdoor bath which was sweet, I had to clean it due to all the rain and leaves in the bath, but still I enjoyed it! The villa was modern and clean, but I wouldnt say it was luxurious, you are paying more for the fact that the resort is like a nature reserve, not for luxury. We did sleep very well here though as it was so quiet at night. The beach was across the road and it was lovely, quiet, white sand etc,but I was scared to swim as I had read on trip advisor about jelly fish and we also saw a man who had been stung and he looked in pain, so that was a shame as I enjoy swimming in the sea. The resort was very quiet in the evening and people didnt really dress up for dinner as it was quite casual and a lot of young children and babies! We would have liked some music in the evening as it was a bit lacking in atmosphere, but the food was nice enough. We had a seafood bbq buffet one night, which was seriously lacking though, the fish was very expensive and nothing special and we were allowed unlimited salad to go with it, which was basic to say the least, rice, lettuce, tomatoes and onion! We asked for bbqed corn on the cob and it was only ready after we had finished, so we had a very expensive and not so great experience there! But the normal food ordered from the menu was good and the cocktails were okay if a little weak! There are 4 beach shack restaurants on the road next to the beach which served cheap, authentic food and beers. We enjoyed trying these out but they closed at 9pm and again, they were very basic, but the food was tasty, cheap and good, I did miss a glass of wine though when we ate here! The swimming pool area was really nice and quite although when the mummy bregade came down I had to put in my headphones to drown out the crying babies! I would recommend this place, but be warned, its quiet and very understated, probably better for familes than a honeymoon! Ow we went to into town to see the Moo moo ladyboy show which was excellent and we managed to find a nice friendly authentic restaurant in town too, although it did cost 400 baht either way which meant it was a very expensive evening!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Khao Lak, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great place !!!
Even close to fully booked, we did like that there was still plenty of space (an very few people - look at my pictures)..
We stayed for 4 nigths and decided to move on, because we would like to be closer to Khao Lak.
The was not many sunbeds, but we managed to find some every day without getting up in the middle of the night.
Resturant was not expensive, but compared to Khao Lak, like the most expensive resturants.
Food Quality and service was very good, except one evening where they had a barbecure, the seemed stresse and forgot part of our order.
Tried a thai massage, at their expensive Royal Spa and had back problems for several days, i went straight to bed right after, hurting and feeiling very tired.
Their Happy Hour, is not 1 + 1 free, the only lower the price om some drinks acording to a sign by the reception..
The arranged a great 1 Day KhaoSok Elefant an Cano Trip, with personal a guide.
Some days there where a very unplesant smell of sour when we walked back to our Coconut room, like the wastewater treatment wasent working proberly (but no smell in the room).
Would we go agin, without doubt, but only for some days, not at completet holliday (and no Royal Spa Thai massage for me).
Great place for a romantic getaway (Somebody please pay thai woman selling ice, by the beach to go somewhere else) ;-)
Enjoy your stay

Room Tip: Coconut rooms a a litte walk from the beach. Place is with stairs, to the bridge from the rooms to...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Haadson Resort is probably best hotel I've ever stayed in! Not that it is the fanciest or the most expensive, but the mix of the great service, the beautiful garden and the white, sandy beach made it absolutely perfect. We stayed at Haadson three days in December 2011, and I can't wait to return and I'm trying to convince all my friends to go. It's the perfect get-away!
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and their level of English was good. The bungalows are spacious and tastefully decorated. The garden is lush and green.The small restaurants alongside the road outside the hotel serves some of the best Thai food I've ever had. Authentic, spicy and very cheap, and the atmosphere in the small huts along the beach is unbeatable. Order the papaya salad and the pineapple curry - absolutely delicious! The pool area was nice and relaxed while we stayed there - with access to wi fi. Never had problems getting a sun bed, but I recognize that could be a challenge during busier periods. Order the fresh mango and thai basil smoothie at the hotel - sooo good. Breakfast was good for Thai standards - a good selection of fruits, bread and a cook to order egg stand.
I'm trying to think of some drawbacks, and the only thing that comes to mind is the fact that the spa closed every day at 6 pm. I enjoy getting a massage after a long day at the beach, and I never made it in time before they closed.
We went to Khao Lak one night, and I was quite surprised about the size of the city center - or whatever you can call it. There wasn't much of a city and not much to do.
I'm not sure the hotel is great for families with kids - there really isn't much for kids to do there. But for couples or friends it's a little piece of heaven!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

This was my third trip to the Haadson Resort, so that's probably a good indication of how much I like it. I actually used to have a rule not to visit the same place more than once (or else you don't end up seeing and experiencing new things), but the Haadson is my exception.

I'm not their typical guest. The majority are couples on romantic getaways or families. As a single traveller from London, England the Haadson appeals to me though as it's just the right level of luxury and seclusion to take a break away from it all.

The Haadson isn't going to be for everyone, but it's perfect if you either want to totally relax and unwind or for those who want a base from which to be independent. I fall into the latter category and rent a car to go off and explore. They offer lots of excursions and there's the daily free minibus into Khao Lak, but if you (or your kids) need entertainment, you might be better off at the Méridien or a downtown Khao Lak resort.

Personally, I'm pretty happy just relaxing on the beach... which you'll pretty much have to yourself. Bangsak beach is a wonderful natural beach. You can either stay by the resort on the beach loungers or walk in either direction to find your perfect spot. In your perfect spot, you're unlikely to see more than 10 people pass you by on an average day. You don't get that at many other resorts in the area.

On-site there's the pool, which is a nice area to relax in. You've also got the spa which was added to the resort a few years ago. It's not as cheap as the standard places in Khao Lak, but the treatments available go way beyond standard and really are proper spa treatments at a fraction of the price you' pay back home.

The restaurant is a beautiful area, especially after dark when it's all lit up. The food is probably what I'd describe as 'international Thai', in that the food is designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of international palates. If you want it 'Thai-style' then you'll need to specify that to the staff. I haven't really eaten much of the western food since I love seafood and thai food so much, so can't really comment on that. You've also got some very good local restaurants along the Bangsak promenade within easy walking distance, as well as favourite beach bar/restaurant of mine called Khai Seafood, about 30 minutes walk south along the beach.

The entire resort is beautifully designed and I've enjoyed seeing the gardens mature and evolve each time I've come back. Everything just feels 'right' and blends in around the lagoon and the surrounding nature. I've always stayed in the villas and like them very much. The positioning and gardens allow you a good level of privacy, even when out on your deck. They're quite easy to keep cool too, a blast of air conditioning, then just the fan tends to do the trick for the night. I've always found the beds very comfortable, with good quality sheets. The bathrooms are large and well planned, with an indoor shower and outdoor shower/bathtubs. At the moment you have an 'old' CRT television and a limited number of TV channels, which is nice to have but the Haadson is best if you can entertain yourself without television. It's all about relaxing, reading that book you've been saving! After the restaurant and bar close at around 11pm, it's mostly back to the villa/room and then slowly off to bed.

I really enjoy my stays at the Haadson. It's always nice to come back and see the same faces still part of the family. It's instantly familiar, but always evolving. They're always listening and making little improvements here and there. On this trip there was now free wi-fi internet, which was a welcome improvement. There are now lots more beach loungers and tendered beach frontage than before as well.

I'm sure I'll be back again and again in the years to come. I'd definitely recommend the Haadson for a nice relaxing holiday, or just for a couple of nights of R&R as part of a larger Thailand adventure.

Room Tip: Lakeside villas have a big outdoor bathtub, Island villas have an outdoor shower. I'd probably g...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012 via mobile

We liked the Haadson, small enough to give personal service but large enough to have a good pool, restaurant, bar and spa. We stayed for 2 nights in January over what seemed to be a busy period for the hotel. We are used to travelling independently but noticed that the main big tour operators(Tui etc) have started using this hotel.

The rooms were very comfortable, great beds, good bathrooms nice terrace etc. Food in the restaurant was good and cheap too and the staff very friendly.

The only complaint we had was that there was no where near enough sun loungers by the pool or on the beach for all the guests so we had to lie on the floor a few times to dry off after a swim. For the price of the hotel this is disappointing, also that there was no one at the pool to help in busy periods. For the 2 days we were there we noticed that guests were getting to the beds early to reserve spaces well before 9am which felt felt like going back to package tours in the 1980's. It was our only grumble though.

Otherwise a nice place to stay for a few days of rest.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Haadson Resort? Share your experiences!