“Very relaxing hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 62 Hotels in Khao Lak
kent
“Very relaxing hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

After a long flight from Gatwick we arrived at the Bandari at 07.00, only to be told our room wouldnt be ready until 14.00(NOT happy) but all credit to the hotel, we got into our room about 09.15. We had a very relaxing time here & would return, all the staff were very freindly & polite.
Plenty of sun beds at all times of the day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Value Guest,

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am really sorry that we cannot provide the room when you checked in early in the morning because our hotel is quite busy at this time however I am happy to hear that you have got the room later very soon and you enjoyed holiday with us until the rest of your stay.

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are really looking forward to welcome you back in Bhandari family again.

Assistant Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

we stayed in the bungalow next to the pool, it was the best value for money during all my travels.
the bungalow has almost 2 rooms, a big bathroom with bath and showers sperated. the staff is really nice and smiling all the time, the pool is a bit salty which is great because there is no chlorine in it. the food is tasty and the surrounding area is really taken care very beautifully.
i recommend very highly.

Room Tip: the bungalows are amazing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am happy that our staffs' services, our food, and our hotel make you feel luxury. Also you enjoyed you stay with us is always lovely to hear :)

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My husband and I spent one night there as a little getaway during the SongKran Festival. The hotel is nice and comfortable and good value for money.

We stay in the Thai Style Chalet which is large in size and the bed is comfortable. a good night sleep.

The Swimming pool is not big but it's a water water pool so it's a nice experience.

The beach is only a short walk away. However, this part of the beach is not the best.

Breakfast selection is not extensive but more than sufficient.

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope the experience of our salt water pool is nice as well :)

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in our resort

Holbeach, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Just returned from two weeks of heaven staying at the Bhandari Resort and Spa.
We stayed at room 128 Bungalow which was beautiful and clean with fresh coffee/tea/sugar etc and water provided each day, room cleaned immaculately by our lovely Room Maid Sor. We also viewed a Chalet room which was just as great as the bungalow. These rooms are all big with nice bathrooms fresh towels each day, bed linen etc.
The bhandari is perfectly located being close to all the shops and restaurants but also having a great restaurant and bar on site serving great meals and two happy hours!!!
The level of service by every single member of staff was lovely with a smile each day from everybody.When I stupidly left my jacket on the first day in reception, not only did they find it a fortnight later when I realised I had misplaced it, but had it washed and pressed for me this will give you some idea of the level of service you can expect. The swimming pool and gardens were immaculate and the smell of Jasmine down the pathways is fabulous.
Many thanks for making our first trip to Thailand so memorable.

Andy and Karan

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Andy and Karan,

Sawasdee Kha
Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa.
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am very happy to read through all your review about our room, our facilities and especially all our our staffs compliments from you. I am sure to pass your special compliments to them all ka.

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holiday to Khao Lak and we are hoping to welcome you back again in Bhandari family in the near future

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had a fantastic time at this hotel, we werere in a Thai style chalet with stunning views to the hill side and over the well kept gardens of the hotel. Room was great with more than enough space with nice bathroom and balcony which was nice to sit outside in the evening as the day cooled.
The staff were helpful and always had a smile on there face and were always on hand if you had a problem(not that we encountered any).
Breakfast was nice, clean and well presented and there was enough choice for what ever you fancied, which kept us going for the day.
Pool was nice and clean and enough sunbeds for all the guests with the waiters on hand for your refreshments, my only concern about the pool was the slope into it which was quite slippy and does really need altering, but there was steps in and out so can be avoided.
Location of the hotel was spot on and easily the best located to the town and beach, the main high street was a short walk of 5 mins and the beach only a 1 minutes walk, although your close to both its still very quiet and tranquil and you dont need to be driven in like other hotels provided for there guests due to being quite a distance away.
We had a fantastic time and will be going again.
thanks
gareth

Room Tip: thai style chalet room 422, by far the best room for views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Gareth,

Warm greeting from Khaoloak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for sharing your review on tripadvisor. I am very glad to know your feedback about you stay, also your suggestion about pool slope, our team has noted this information and we are on progress to adjust the slope in order to prevent any accidents because your safety is our primary concern. I would like to say thank you very much for your kind information.

Thank you again for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed in the Bhandari in February/ March 2014 having booked it as a 'small & friendly' hotel, which is exactly what it proved to be. It was lovely staying somewhere with traditional, local character, and the grounds were perfectly set out and maintained to enable guests to enjoy a relaxing holiday. The hotel is just a short walk to a plentiful supply of bars, restaurants and shops, and also provided easy access to the beach ( although it did not have its own designated section of beach).
The guest rooms were huge and each had their own balcony or terrace area that was reasonably private, that we found to be an ideal place to chill out, read, and observe the local birdlife.
All rooms were air conditioned, which for us was an absolute must given the Thai temperatures (36 daytime, 25 at night).
There was only one pool at the hotel, but it was quite large and seemed perfectly adequate, particularly as there was a small children's/ paddling pool and a
whirlpool alongside it.
We particularly liked the lily ponds that were dotted around the complex, and enjoyed watching and listening to the frog chorus on an evening. If you are a bit squeamish about getting too close to frogs, lizards, etc. this hotel is perhaps not for you - we found it novel sharing our room with two lizards, but suspect not everyone would be as happy about it.

• Stayed March 2014
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for sharing your review on tripadvisor. I am enjoy reading trough your writing which is really shown how our resort's experience will look like and I am more than happy to know that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us.

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holidays and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family with lily pond and froggy band :)

Trollhattan, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was a hotel that took us over our expectations in service of every staff member during our stay.This was our third time in Khao Lak with our family of three persons.Unfortunatly I hurt my knee during this stay, but it show me more what serviceminded they are at Bandari.The manager got me a ride with a neighbour hotels golfcar when she saw me come walking/hopping down the hill from the village.There own restaurant was of high class of the food and service,both in taste, presentation and various menue.I had to thank the chef our last night.. Good size of the pool area and close to wildlife and the beach at Nan tong just across the street. The village just 10 minutes up the hill for more shops and restaurants.
We got a large room for us three people and it was ok but if I should complain on something during this stay, it's to many levels to everything, the balconys are to close to each other, no privacy,we had to draw the curtain in front of the window in our room because the neighbours balcony was right outside.
And the dark, wooden furniture was not optimal for this moist climate.

They had a great breakfast buffe and a poolbar ,but they didnt go out to offer drinks and food by the pool so often, only when it was happy hour.
overall I highly recommend a stay at Bandari if you want to have it calm and perhaps nicer for adults without small children.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow then you get more privacy or a room on first floor in the buildings.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Catharina,

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor and I am enjoy reading your story very much. I am happy to know that you had a good time with us, however I am regret to know that you your knee is hurt during your stay and I really wish that your condition will be better and recover soon.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for the forth time in Bhandari family again .

Take care with my best regards from khao Lak,
Assistant Managing Director

Been to Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!