“Exceeded all our expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   26/25 Moo 7, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 60 hotels in Khao Lak
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Exceeded all our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Had a fantastic time at this hotel, we werere in a Thai style chalet with stunning views to the hill side and over the well kept gardens of the hotel. Room was great with more than enough space with nice bathroom and balcony which was nice to sit outside in the evening as the day cooled.
The staff were helpful and always had a smile on there face and were always on hand if you had a problem(not that we encountered any).
Breakfast was nice, clean and well presented and there was enough choice for what ever you fancied, which kept us going for the day.
Pool was nice and clean and enough sunbeds for all the guests with the waiters on hand for your refreshments, my only concern about the pool was the slope into it which was quite slippy and does really need altering, but there was steps in and out so can be avoided.
Location of the hotel was spot on and easily the best located to the town and beach, the main high street was a short walk of 5 mins and the beach only a 1 minutes walk, although your close to both its still very quiet and tranquil and you dont need to be driven in like other hotels provided for there guests due to being quite a distance away.
We had a fantastic time and will be going again.
thanks
gareth

Room Tip: thai style chalet room 422, by far the best room for views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Gareth,

Warm greeting from Khaoloak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for sharing your review on tripadvisor. I am very glad to know your feedback about you stay, also your suggestion about pool slope, our team has noted this information and we are on progress to adjust the slope in order to prevent any accidents because your safety is our primary concern. I would like to say thank you very much for your kind information.

Thank you again for choosing us on your recent holiday and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed in the Bhandari in February/ March 2014 having booked it as a 'small & friendly' hotel, which is exactly what it proved to be. It was lovely staying somewhere with traditional, local character, and the grounds were perfectly set out and maintained to enable guests to enjoy a relaxing holiday. The hotel is just a short walk to a plentiful supply of bars, restaurants and shops, and also provided easy access to the beach ( although it did not have its own designated section of beach).
The guest rooms were huge and each had their own balcony or terrace area that was reasonably private, that we found to be an ideal place to chill out, read, and observe the local birdlife.
All rooms were air conditioned, which for us was an absolute must given the Thai temperatures (36 daytime, 25 at night).
There was only one pool at the hotel, but it was quite large and seemed perfectly adequate, particularly as there was a small children's/ paddling pool and a
whirlpool alongside it.
We particularly liked the lily ponds that were dotted around the complex, and enjoyed watching and listening to the frog chorus on an evening. If you are a bit squeamish about getting too close to frogs, lizards, etc. this hotel is perhaps not for you - we found it novel sharing our room with two lizards, but suspect not everyone would be as happy about it.

• Stayed March 2014
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for sharing your review on tripadvisor. I am enjoy reading trough your writing which is really shown how our resort's experience will look like and I am more than happy to know that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us.

Thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holidays and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family with lily pond and froggy band :)

Trollhattan, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was a hotel that took us over our expectations in service of every staff member during our stay.This was our third time in Khao Lak with our family of three persons.Unfortunatly I hurt my knee during this stay, but it show me more what serviceminded they are at Bandari.The manager got me a ride with a neighbour hotels golfcar when she saw me come walking/hopping down the hill from the village.There own restaurant was of high class of the food and service,both in taste, presentation and various menue.I had to thank the chef our last night.. Good size of the pool area and close to wildlife and the beach at Nan tong just across the street. The village just 10 minutes up the hill for more shops and restaurants.
We got a large room for us three people and it was ok but if I should complain on something during this stay, it's to many levels to everything, the balconys are to close to each other, no privacy,we had to draw the curtain in front of the window in our room because the neighbours balcony was right outside.
And the dark, wooden furniture was not optimal for this moist climate.

They had a great breakfast buffe and a poolbar ,but they didnt go out to offer drinks and food by the pool so often, only when it was happy hour.
overall I highly recommend a stay at Bandari if you want to have it calm and perhaps nicer for adults without small children.

Room Tip: Choose a bungalow then you get more privacy or a room on first floor in the buildings.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
KhaolakBhandari, at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Catharina,

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor and I am enjoy reading your story very much. I am happy to know that you had a good time with us, however I am regret to know that you your knee is hurt during your stay and I really wish that your condition will be better and recover soon.

We are looking forward to welcome you back for the forth time in Bhandari family again .

Take care with my best regards from khao Lak,
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed just for one night but I could have stayed longer.
Very good service, nice staff, small place to relax, nice spotless rooms, good food, amazing spa.
What more can you ask for.

We also arrange a pick from the airport - which was perfectly organized.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvior and I am really happy to know that you had a good time with us even it was just one night and in the future I wish we you would come back and spending time with us longer :)

We are looking forward to welcome you back again on your next visit to Khao Lak in Bhandari family.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have just returned from 14 nights at The Bhandari in Khao Lak ( Feb 4th - 19th ).
I apologise in advance, but this could be quite a long review.
It is undeniably a beautiful place, you could be in the middle of nowhere once in the hotel resort and it constantly reminded us of being in a James Bond film !
We stayed in a bungalow which was lovely, there are buts here which I will come to later.
The location of the hotel is perfect....so many shops and restaurants within a few minutes walk and the beach directly across a quiet road. There were many beach restaurants and bars to be found, ( The Baan Thai ) being our favourite. The beach itself was very nice and the sea warm with a lovely breeze. There are rocky places but if you don't mind walking along a little there are some lovely clear places too.
The food at the hotel is generally of a very good standard and the price very reasonable and not really any more expensive than outside, which was a pleasant surprise.
The smell of the lunchtime poolside bbq was irresistable and the food itself equally good.
The pool area is surrounded by palm trees and looks tranquil and peaceful and lovely...as it was on the first couple of days, but it can become quite noisy and busy when there are families with children, we didn't think this hotel would attract families, that's why we started going to the beach instead...just walk along a bit and it's very peaceful, so if you are wanting a couples romantic getaway, you may want to keep this in mind.
Ok..to our bungalow room.....
Our bungalow was 107..right opposite the pool, it was nice, but the wardrobe space for hanging all your clothes was very small and drawers were non existant, so we ended up living out of our suitcases, not what we expected. The air con, as we had read before we went, is noisy !
We also found that at night....we were being woken up with people walking past and talking or new arrivals etc and staff with walkie talkies.
In the morning I was woken up several times to hear them setting up for breakfast from about 5.45 am and then music, as breakfast is served from 6.30.
I'm sure other rooms would not suffer the same problems as ours, rooms near the spa looked very quiet and peaceful.
Breakfast....
Fruit and cereals and a selection of hot food....bacon, eggs various ways, freshly cooked to order omelettes etc and a variety of spicy offerings, (from the night before me thinks !)..making an interesting mix for the brave....and I have to say I was brave on several occasions and thoroughly enjoyed my diy Nasi Goreng !

The staff....pool bar staff, polite and friendly, we tipped when we ordered but they don't expect it and I think you get the same service either way...their English is not so good, so it's not that easy to get a rapport going...which we like to do, but still they are pleasant and no complaints there. The reception staff, Sandie and Ken...are great, real characters, they speak very good English, especially Sandie...he arranged for us to be taken and picked up from the dr.s, as my wife had become poorly. However I think the Ladies who work on reception could definately do with going to charm school !! ( Sorry but that's how they came across ! )
To sum things up.....
This hotel has a very beautiful location, and a wonderful feeling of being in rural Thailand, but it's almost like it doesn't know what it wants to be !
And it's for this reason that I would have to say, overall we had a good holiday, but we felt disappointed at the same time over things that should be obvious to a hotel which claims to be world class !!
So for us...we wouldn't go back...

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet at night, ask for a room near the spa
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am pleased to read all your details review about your feedback. Regarding to aircon is noisy problem which is already in our plan to replace the quieter aircon within 2014. And also your compliment to Sandy and Ken, I am sure to pass your compliment to them. On behalf of Bhandari team I am sincerely sorry for disappointment may cause you during your stay as you said you wouldn't come back. However thank you very much for choosing us on your recent holidays and I am looking forward to have a change to welcome you back again

Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We have just returned from a two week stay at Bhandari (Feb 4th to 19th) after one of the very best holidays ever! Why?- The Hotel; room; and people were exceptional;great; and beautiful in that order.
It wasn't only the staff that 'made the stay' it was the guests as well! Generally a hotel attracts varying types of customer, but here the guests appeared 'tailor-made' for the environment, quiet, well mannered and careing. Multi-national, but all blending-in and friendly. EXCEPTIONAL!
The easy-going nature of managment creates a peaceful ambience, the staff are competent and industrious, the rooms promote a quiet environment and the poolside area is a joy to use, being both beautiful and practical in use. Sunbeds seemed plentiful and there were no 'disputes' of ownership to be seen!
During an early walk around the most beautiful gardens here, we came upon the Spa. Early use of this set the tone for our holiday. TOTAL relaxation to wonderful background music made the cares of flight just a distant memory - and who doesn't need that after 12 hours in a box? BRILLIANT! DO try it on your visit to Bhandari!
Lunchtimes are a joy here, freshly made / cooked dishes, some direct from the BBQ made the mouth water, and there was always 'Happy Hour' to look forward to at 4pm! (a second dose later too!) We lived in a bungalow. Being detached, there was no noise to disturb us - only the birds and that is so natural, especially as some were nesting in our front eves!
Food certainly pleased us!, breakfast was in generous supply and varying in nature - something for everyone and available over a long period of the morning. We also ate in the hotel restaurant during the evening on several occasions, and apart from the St Vals. night 'special', we enjoyed them all.
Being B&B, the freedom of choice for evening restaurants is great, and there are dozens to choose from within a short walk and there are the shops too!!!!!!
I see I have used the word 'beautiful' on several occasions in this review - it is not a accident, it is not deliberate; THATS WHAT THIS HOTEL IS - "BEAUTIFUL." Well done 'Pook' and all your staff. Thanks especially to 'Sandy' and 'Ken' for your help and friendship, you know who WE are!

Room Tip: For 'older folk' rooms 101 to106 are close to reception, pool exit etc. and are bungalow sty...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 27, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for sharing your review on tripadvisor and I am glad to heat that you gad a great time with us during your holidays. First of all I would like to say thank you very much for choosing us on your holidays and our team is very pleased to be a part of you beautiful memory which was happened here. I am really enjoy reading your review and I my team would feel the same way too. Regarding to your compliment to Khun Pook, Sandy and Ken, I am sure to pass your word to them and of course all of our serviced staffs will recognized you ka

On behalf of Bhandari team, we are looking forward to welcome you back again in Bhandari family.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at The Bhandari for two weeks from the 3rd of December. We booked a Bungalow Room and were very happy with the room and location. Had room number 115 which was perfect for us. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, however this was first class with an excellent choice of Hot and Cold, fresh fruits and juices, and always plenty of tables free. The Staff pay excellent attention to ensuring tables are clean and ready for breakfast guests. We never had to queue or wait to be seated.
Our Room was cleaned every day and sheets and towels changed daily should you want them.
Beach Towels are also provided which cuts down on the holiday packing.
We often visited the "Big Tree Bar" which is owned by the Hotel as they had a "Happy Hour" every evening from 9.30pm, a great way to have a night cap or two.
The Bhandari has an excellent location just a stroll to the beach and less than 10 minutes to the main road where you are spoilt for choice for shops bars and restaurants.
A 15 Minute stroll along the beach brings you to a selection of beach shacks where you can spend all day, they all have beach beds with sun shades. We chose one called "Jim's" and from the very first day we were treated like one of the family. We had some wonderful food and drinks, every day the food is freshly bought from the market, and very reasonable prices. "Jim's" is frequented mainly by Scandinavian families and couples. They are a delight to holiday with, very polite and courteous.
We will Definitely recommend Bhandari and Khao Lak for a relaxing holiday.We hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: Bungalow Rooms offer more privacy than the Chalets
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KhaolakBhandari, Assistant Managing Director at Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2014

Warm greeting from Khaolak Bhandari Resort & Spa
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor. I am really happy reading through your writing and I am glad to hear that you were happy with resort's room, food, cleaning quality including resort location and this is our pleasure to be a part of your enjoyable holidays.

Thank you very much for choosing us and we are looking forward to welcome you back to Bhandari family again soon

Assistant Managing Director

Been to Khaolak Bhandari Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!