Another wonderful stay at Nang Thong Bay Resort. We were there 3 years ago (same time mid November) and I fell in love with it. At that time we couldn't get a beachfront bungalow, but this time we got one, and it was fantastic. It was really good especially for the kids (3.5 and 1.5 years old) as they enjoyed playing in the little garden in front of it. Good points:
• The staff is very friendly and very helpful.
• Booking very easily done straight with the hotel.
• Great value for money for a beach front resort.
• Their pick up and drop off service from/to airport is very efficient and worry free. Because of our 2 little kids we had lots of luggage. They picked us up with those people movers, a huge car only for us.
• The buggy ride up to the supermarket was really convenient and very helpful.
• Best beachfront bungalows are 103,104,105 and 106.
• Hotel location is very convenient, so close to the heart of town, restaurants, shops, supermarket, etc.
Points that NTBR1 could improve:
• Cots. We were given a cot that it was very unsafe. All the guards/sides were rusted. Very dangerous when a toddler's mouth is the same height as the guard. The mattress was not big enough to cover the gaps on the bottom, so when my son stood up holding the sides of the cot he fell in those gaps. Luckily I had taken with me a portable tent for the other child, but had to put the baby there, and the kid slept in our bed. One way NTBR1 could improve is investing in portable cots, they are better than the metal ones they have there.
• Massage tables in front of our bungalow was a turn off. That bungalow has the potential to be the best one in the resort, as it's the last one in the complex and it has more shade, but because the massage tables are opposite to it you lose a bit your privacy. If NTBR1 could move them to the restaurant side, this bungalow would definitely be the best one.
• These bungalows have a sort of outside shower, which is quite cool. However they are supposed to have a little inside garden next to it. But ours had just dead plants, it looked a bit barren. They could have maintained it a bit better.
• TV reception is bad. But they have a DVD player, in which I may have forgotten a child's dvd in it.
Overall, this is a fantastic place to spend a family holiday and if I could I'd go back every year.
- Also Known As:
- Nang Thong Bay Hotel Khao Lak
- Hotel Nang Thong Bay