“Total Re-Charge” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manathai Khao Lak

You added Manathai Khao Lak to your Saves list
Manathai Khao Lak
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2/4 Moo 8, Bangsak Beach | Bang Muang subdistrict, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand (Formerly Royal Bangsak Beach Resort)   |
Special Rate
Summer Special THB 2,500
Ranked #1 of 62 Hotels in Khao Lak
Thailand
“Total Re-Charge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

if you are looking to recharge your batteries and get spoiled by the exceptional staff and location - that's the place to visit. Caution - you may get addicted! Food/room/beach - absolutely perfect. The staff - team ( management/chef and housekeeping etc) do go the extra mile - if there is anything to complain - we don't know -

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
ManathaiKhaolak_GM, Front Office Manager at Manathai Khao Lak, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Walter Benno S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Manathai Khao Lak.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Spend one night in a villa with private pool. My sister and I were so lucky this night because it was the opening of the hotel and as all the other guests, we were invited for an evening show with complementary buffet and drinks. It was absolutely fantastic, ended up with a firework.
As for the hotel, our villa was fantastic, especially the bathroom. All worth the price. The breakfast was plenty of choice and GOOD!
Didn't try the pool as we had a great private pool but went to the beach above the hotel. Such paradise, no one on the beach, sunset was amazing.
Highly recommanded.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Vivich,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have gone above and beyond in terms of service.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

After reading so many positive reviews on TA, I guess my expectations were raised. Manathai met my expectations for most part, but I think there were many areas of improvement that I would like to suggest.

Room
I booked a Junior Suite for my family of 4 and was pleasantly surprised that the reservations told me that they would give me a discount on my 8 year old's extra bed + breakfast charges. I had also only requested for 1 extra bed, thinking my 5 year old would sleep with us, but was also pleasantly surprised to find 2 extra beds set up upon arrival. That was good initiative on Manathai's part. For that, I have to give it to them. Good job!

Junior Suite was perfect for a family as it had a separate living room with 2 TVs - one in the living room, and one in the bedroom. Room was clean, well laid-out and quite spacious. The bed in the MBR was huge and probably European-king sized. We loved The size. It was comfortable as well!
Unfortunately, after 1 night, our impression of the room was spoilt. The next day, after our morning/early afternoon hanging out at the pool, we all returned to the room looking forward to a hot shower. And boy was the shower really hot! I turned the faucet to the coldest but the water was still steamy hot. I called front desk who sent an engineer to explain that the rooftop water tank was hot because of the scorching sun, so we they had to fix it and we had to wait for 20 minutes for the water to be normalised. That was still ok. What really got me was that after 20 mins, when my daughter started showering, there was suddenly no water! She had soap all over her body but no water to rinse it off. So I had to call the engineer to come again and they took some time to solve the problem. My daughter and I had to wait an hour in our wet swimsuits before we could shower. By which time, I was really mad because my son was running a high fever and we couldn't leave the hotel to see a doctor because we were still in our swimsuits!

The duty manager felt very bad for the inconvenience and kindly offered service recovery with a free upgrade to a Deluxe Suite which was more spacious. We took it thinking that the hot water problem was only unique to that earlier Junior Suite. But alas, it happened the next 3 days in the Deluxe Suite as well. After the 2nd day though, we had kind of gotten used to the shower problem and just made daily calls to Front Desk to solve the issue. Manathai mgmt should look into this issue as you have a great resort going and it's such a pity to allow such technical issues spoil the experience.

Breakfast at Colours was ample with enough variety to satisfy every nationality. Fruits were fresh. Eggs were great. Unfortunately, the buffet selection was pretty similar so by Day 4, I was quite bored with the selection. I can't imagine staying there for more than 1 week eating the same stuff daily. Might be good to introduce greater variety? Or perhaps introduce local dishes like mango sticky rice or massaman curry etc.
On the other hand, I like the daily specials offered at the poolside for lunch. I thought that was quite innovative.

Facilities
Gym was quite adequate and because not many guests used it, it was quiet and peaceful.
The Kids Club wasn't really ready though. Before I arrived, Reservations sent me the programme for the Kids Club. It looked interesting and fun. However when we visited the club, the guy there said the programmes were not being implemented yet as there were not enough kids stauing in the hotel. I found that a rather strange reason. Shouldn't the programmes be introduced when a kid walks in, and not just based on a minimum number of kids? Anyway, the only fun thing to do there was for my children to paint the clay dolls (at a fee). Other than that, we didn't visit the Kids Club again, cos there was simply nothing much for the kids to do. We even brought out own card game there to play.
On the other hand, the pool was large and very child-friendly. My kids loved hanging out there for hours. The beach in front of the pool was stunning too! Lots of seashells to pick and if u walk further left towards tge beach restaurants, U can find many hermit crabs. Beautiful beach with uninterrupted views. I think that's the biggest plus point of Manathai. Stunning pool & beach!

There were hits and misses with the service.
Upon arrival (around 9pm), I was a tad disappointed that there was no one at the porch to receive us and help us unload our luggage.. No porter, no staff in sight. We had to walk much further in to the lobby to look for assistance. But when the Front Desk saw us, they were warm and
friendly and served us nice purple Roselle drinks. On other days, the Front Desk always greeted us when we walked past and were responsive to out requests. They even remembered my birthday and greeted me that morning. They also surprised me with a beautiful cake after we had gotten back from a birthday dinner at the Ramada. I really appreciate that personal touch in service provided by the Front Desk.

Perhaps the disappointing service was rendered by the staff at breakfast each morning. When we walk in each morning, no one comes forward to greet us, ask for our room number, and ask how many persons there were in our company. We had to look for a table ourselves and set up the table ourselves. Most tables were set up for 2 pax so we had to take the table mats & cutlery from another table to set up for a table of 4. Other
than on Day 1, no one staff took the initiative to ask if we wanted coffee/tea. The breakfast staff kind of leave you on your own to self-service, and only come when you need help. Which is fine for most people, I guess.. But my thinking is... if you want to be known for service, you have to train your staff better than that. Otherwise, what makes your hotel stand out from the many others in Khao

Location
Manathai is located 15 mins from Khao Lak Centre where
there are countless restaurants and shops. Its location is really secluded so it would help a lot if u drive. Otherwise the hotel calls a private car to fetch you to town and back to 800THB. They did that for us as we had to bring our son to see a doctor in town. And they kindly made an appointment for us to see the doctor they recommended.
It would be great if Manathai can provide more frequent shuttle service at s much cheaper rate as a service to guests. It makes guests more likely to choose yoir hotel knowing it's known for its exclusive and private location.

I would still recommend couples and families to stay at the Manathai, only if they are mentally prepared to be away from it all. Or mentally prepared to pay more for transport into town daily. After all, it's still family-friendly.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear AdorableKitten,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate both the great comments, and the 'no so great' comments that our valued guests provide to us. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us and I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel services. Once again, thank you, and we look forward to another chance to serve you!

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We arrived at Khao Lak on 6th March to get on a diving boat for 4 days with my husband. When we arrived back decided to stay there a couple days and we were seeking on TripAdvisor where I found Manathai Hotel. This is about 12-14 km distance from Centrum of Khao Lak therefore we rented a motorbike. The hotel is awsome, the 'hall' is beatiful, the staff in the lobby is very kind and helpful. Our room was a bigger one, it was amazing, very comfortable and well-equiped. The cleaning staff was also very kind and they were always smiling :)
The breakfasts were so rich and varied, we were so satisfied with those. The beach and the swimming pool were also impeccable.
We were felt good ourselves there :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 426Vikt_Riaf,

Thank you for your comments. We very much appreciate that you stayed with us, and we look forward to being of service to you on future stays in Manathai Khao Lak. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet you and personally thank you, on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel is The best we ever had! We are really really really high maintenance and about this hotel we cant tell anything bad! We really have a high standaard but the room was spotless and clean and it looks like a picture of a interior magazine!
It was so romantic, and quit and clean just perfect. Its a small hotel not to big but thats just The thing that we liked about it.
Also oure son thats 2 years old had a verry good time. There was a childrens club but no loud animation, and we where glad too!
Its more a hotel for couples and famillies who are looking for serenity and not a screamy loudy hotel.
Food was great and for oure child it was free so the price wasnt that high!
So the hotel is really a big yes!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
ManathaiKhaolak_GM, Manager at Manathai Khao Lak, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sanneverheij,

We always appreciate the positive comments left by the most important people in our world; our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff have gone above and beyond in terms of service. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you (and serving you) in the near future.

Pradtana Tubprayoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed with some friends in Manthai Khao Lak, without any doubt a new little gem to have in consideration if you want to stay in Khao Lak. The hotel is amazing, spacious rooms; comfortable beds and a great service from start to end.

The swimming pool overlooking the beach is an amazing place to have some drinks while watching the sunset; thanks to the pool bar they have just next to it, it makes it a wonderful experience.

The breakfast was extremely good; with plenty of selections of things to chose and the different choices of restaurants are ideal if you just want to enjoy and being at the hotel during the whole time.

The fact that there are not many hotels around makes it perfect as the beach can be consider almost private beach, you can even do kayaking using the hotel facilities which makes the stay a whole new experience.

Without any doubt a place I will recommend to stay if you are looking for something relaxing, quiet but at the same time with the offering of different options to do during your stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the ground floor have direct connection to go to the swimming pool and beach
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Cristina,

Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a beautiful beach front property in Khao Lak that allowed my family and I a quick getaway from Phuket for a few nights. The service was excellent because I loved that purple drink with the cold towel when I first arrived. The room was spacious and beautiful and all amenities was ready for my 2 small children as well with an extra bed.

I loved their breakfast and the ambience of the whole place. We pretty much hung out by the pool the whole time, went canoeing and just chill. It was so relaxing and peaceful. I think its one of the best hotels in Khao Lak.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
ManathaiKhaolak_GM, Front Office Manager at Manathai Khao Lak, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Ms. Wanamakok,

Parichart Bunmee

Been to Manathai Khao Lak? Share your experiences!