“Sunset” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 192 Restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Restaurant on the beach.Thai food.Sea food.
London
“Sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Enjoyed a few cold beers with our feet in the sand whilst watching the sunset. Lovely, friendly staff and a nice place to watched the world go by!

Visited February 2014

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Such friendly people who love what they do......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were staying at Sands but wanted to escape the confines of the resort - judging by the scarcity of people at the nearby beach restaurants it seems most holidaymakers stay in resort - We also asked the owner why it was so quiet and he said it was because of the political troubles in Bangkok - many Asians are cancelling their holidays. On recommendations of other reviewers we ate here at sunset- having come by earlier to reserve the best table on the beach -it's quite spread out and at first we weren't sure we'd got the right place! Right between Joy and Check In No 4. The cocktails are delicious for 120baht and the Vegetable Tempura and squid fritters very tasty. The barracuda steaks are also delicious. The second time we ate we pre-ordered the Tiger Prawns and I've never tasted such fresh, HUGE tiger prawns! The service was a little slow but, hey, we're on holiday so what's the rush? The sunset was stunning and everybody who works here is so friendly and chatty. We'll be back!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Luton
“Tiger prawns to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate here on our first night in Khao Lak as we were tired and didn't want to venture too far. It was worth it as we decided to have the tiger prawns in garlic and pepper sauce and they were some of the best prawns we have ever had - huge and meaty and cooked in a beautiful sauce. So good, we had even more of them the next we went and the next. We also used to go here sometimes for lunch and to use the sun-loungers. The salads were fresh and tasty and the spicy soups were very good although they did keep coming to check that I knew it was spicy!! The only dire thing we had to eat in here was the garlic bread - it was like dried bread and I would not recommend it whatsoever!
The other thing I would say about this place is the singer - we were in hysterics at some of the songs as he is so bad he is funny. You must go and listen, enjoy the ambience, the sea and the food.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“What a lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I spent almost every day at Sunbeach in my week at Khoa Lak as they have lovely sunbeds and a massage service, on a peaceful part of the beach.

It really is the staff that make this place. They are charming and friendly and in my situation very helpful and kind when I had an issue with my hotel manager.

I travelled on my own to Khao Lak and they made me feel very welcome and looked after. I never once felt like they were just after my money.

I went to their beach party on the 30th of December and they made me a baracuda fish, with a beautiful Oyster sauce. It was the best meal I had in all of 2013.

It is going to be my new winter sun destination.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Zurich, Switzerland
“Needs a bit more attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Judging from the reviews, this restaurant is among the best places on Khao Lak beach. We tried it based on the good reviews, however could not say that it is the best choice. The restaurant serves good food, but there are better places, for example the neighbour 'My Friend' (see the review 'Delicious food and nice ambience'). We ate at this restaurant twice: for dinner and lunch. The food is good, but could be cooked with more love and attention: spring rolls made of thick pastry and stuffed with too much of noodles; got deep fried vegetables instead of ordered squid; red curry a bit watery.

• Visited January 2014