It costs more than 250 euros per night, inclusive of all taxes and service, and buffet breakfast late february, in a "family 2 bedroom suite". In fact this 2 independant but connecting rooms has a large living-dining-room and a kitchenette in between. So when the connecting door is closed, it becomes 2 independent rooms. As good to families as to 2 couples. Our 501-502 room is in the second building, and on the highest floor, and it overlooks the beautiful pool.
Not beachfront, but not far, in a quiet alley, off main street, on Bang Niang beach
We like :
-Modern design room, very comfortable bed, complete kitchen and a funny bathtube by the window for intrepid exhibitionists. Everything here is boutique feeling with all the latest amenities one may expect at this pricing level. Reliable wifi.
-Superb staff, always smiling and looking to help.
-Good and all time empty pool restaurant serving a nice section of thai cuisine, at very reasonable price. Alternatively, the AMICI restaurant serves iconic Italian dishes.
-Very nice pool scene
We don't :
-The safe is ridiculously small
To our opinion :
-We have this feeling, when in the pool, that the whole Monochrome (and all the rooms) is looking at us... This means : all the rooms are next to each other and all the balconies overlook the pool.
- 6 rooms, 107 to 112, on ground floor have a small pool in front of their terrace.
- 4 rooms, 106 206 307 407, have almost no view as their balcony looks straight to the stairs where people go up and down, and will give you no privacy, you'll need to close the curtains. Avoid them at all cost.
So mixed feeling ; while the place is so nicely designed and quiet at anytime, the feeling of being so close to each other at this price is a bit annoying. But we did enjoy the stay, though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Wellness Retreat Looking for a place to relax and improve your well-being in style? Look no further! Monochrome is a small design-resort focusing on personal rejuvenation in a modern tropical setting. This adult-only resort offers contemporary accommodation and a complete wellness center for detox, stress relief, weight management, yoga, Pilates and more. Its edgy and stylish theme make Monochrome a unique retreat oasis. Be Well, Be Confident, Be Different ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Agoda, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Monochrome Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.