“"Perfect"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort to your Saves list
Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   26/15 Moo 7 Petchkasem Road, Khuk Khak, Takuapa, | Khuek Khak, Takuapa, Khao Lak 82110, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 60 Hotels in Khao Lak
“"Perfect"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Third trip to Sensimar and perfect as always. Ciaran, the wonderful Ann and ALL the staff make this resort a pleasure to visit. Celebrated a wedding anniversary with a ten night stay in a deluxe beachfront bungalow. AMAZING!!! A calm oasis. Daily massages on the beach were a highlight closely followed by pre-dinner cocktails by the pool (thank you Jac and Pray) Enjoyed several dinners at the restaurant and found the food to be exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble. Ann helped us book a trip with Khao Lak Land Discovery to Phang Nga Bay and Hong Island. A wonderful experience
I can't recommend Sensimar highly enough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ciaran M, General Manager at Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Bt14Peter,

Thank you for your review and another very positive review from you. We were delighted that you returned to celebrate your 30th Wedding Anniversary with us and we are very glad to see you enjoyed your trip.

I have passed your comments on to Khun Ann, Jac and Pray.

We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near near future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This resort certainly ticks all the boxes. The rooms are well designed and everything that you require is either fitted or supplied. Previous reviews outlined the need for WiFi access to all areas this has been done and free. The staff at the resort take great pride in ensuring that your stay is totally worry free. I must make special mention of the Kulinarium restaurant, during our stay we dined there most nights the food was excellent however what topped it off was the excellent service from Joo and Kung, always friendly welcoming and very good at there jobs. This resort is well positioned and only a six minute walk to Khoalak centre. Great cocktail bar across the road. The prices at the resort are on par with the restaurant s outside but the food and presentation is better. I would certainly book a pool access room - spacious with good sized balcony with sun lounges and table and chairs. The resort has one of the best gyms that I have seen in any resort. Modern equipment and free weights.

Room Tip: Pool access room definitely...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark_Aus,

Thank you for your review.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the resort and the food. I have passed your comments on to Khun Joo and Khun Kung in the Kulinarium Restaurant. They are both a credit to the resort.

We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Wyong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

My husband and I have just spent 12 nights at the Sensimar in a pool access room during Apr/May. When I asked my husband what he didn't like about the place, he just looked at me blankly. Now when we were there it was the beginning of low season so not too many people around, which was perfect. The things I loved......this is the first time we've stayed in an over 18's resort and I loved it !!!!!! The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in in Thailand and the pillows were divine. Our room was large and spacious and unlike most resorts, there were plenty of places to store luggage once you'd unpacked. The bar fridge was huge with a big freezer for making ice cubes and having the option to have it stocked or not is a great idea. The bathroom was lovely with bath and shower and a separate toilet. And the cupboard had at least 20 coat hangers, most resorts don't have nearly enough, small thing I know, but this resort seems to have thought of the little things. The air conditioner was very quiet if you turned off the fans (in air con unit) at night. Breakfast was great, plenty of choice, we ate at the main restaurant and had lunch at the beach bar a couple of times and found the prices very reasonable. I especially loved the 3 dogs down at the beach and so did a lot of the other guests, they enjoyed a pat and a scratch and would meet and greet people as they arrived for a swim. The only minor negative I have is that the pools around the pool access rooms do get a bit warm by the afternoon so we would go over to the main pool or the beach. Overall an excellent stay. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Margl_506,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope that you will return at some point in the future.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Where do I begin? I can only repeat what has been said several times before by previous reviewers.

This hotel is modern, clean, has great food, great staff, and lies in a nice, convenient, and especially quiet location.

First of all, there's absolutely no reason to upgrade to a more expensive room. We are quite seasoned travelers, and our standard room had everything we could ever want (and then some more). Very modern and clean with a huge bed that was one of the most comfortable hotel beds we've ever slept in. We slept very good every single night. The AC worked well and provided a wonderful relief from the heat and the humidity. Lot's of space to put all of your stuff as well.

The staff was very positive and helpful, always ready to greet you with a friendly smile. There was always plenty of staff at hand, so you never had to wait to get help.

The food was very very good (especially the Thai food during lunch time). Not that much more expensive than eating out either.

The hotel grounds are well kept. There was never any problems finding two free sunbeds next to each other, and the swimming pools were all clean and comfortable.

If I have to point out something negative, it would be that there were quite a lot of insects, both in the corridors (not at all surprising since there are no doors to the corridors), and in our room itself, even though we made sure to never leave any of the doors open more than absolutely necessary. This is of course something that really can't be avoided in Thailand.

Also, in-room internet access is something that I feel should be included in the price.

In conclusion - if you're looking for somewhere to stay in Khao Lak, look no further!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ciaran M, General Manager at Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Henrik85,

Thank you very much for review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

In relation to insects at the resort - as you say it is something that you can expect when you visit a hotel beside a national park. We of course do our best to counter this by regularly spraying to regulate mosquitoes etc. The best advice i always give people is to keep your doors closed and never leave food sitting out as this will attract ants.

Once again thank you for your review. We hope that you will return to visit us at some point in the future.

Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was actually in Phuket at that period of time. But because we were going to have snorkeling trips in Phang Nga tow days in a row. So I decided to stay at Khao Lak where everybody knew it was very beautiful. Yes, it is very beautiful and I was impressed about the service there as well. The staff were very nice and had the great service mind. The location is also pretty good because you could go to some places within walking distance. Some nice hotels or resort this way make you feel like you are trapped in the place but not this one. Only thing I wish I could have was free wifi at least in the room for up to 4 devices including to the room.

We were there for dinner and breakfast as we were already tired to go to anywhere for food. Their menus were PRETTY big with tons of selection of food both of Thai and international kind. I am so happy about the food there so much and again I am sorry if I can't resist to talk about food in my every single review, haha... But if you are the foodie you will like this hotel more than just the view. :)

Dear Sweetie Joanna A,

Greetings from Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your comments are most valued.

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the food at the resort - so is the chef i might add.

We hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the not so distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. We had a good and relaxing time at the sensimar hotel. Our room was close to the main pool and beach. The room was huge and the bed was extremely big 2x2m though very comfortable, two minor things...there was no Thai flavour and the room was quite dark though very cool.
The breakfast was average, choice of eggs, Asian breakfast and fresh fruit...unfortunately didn't notice any fresh mango and the 'juices' are not fresh and full of sugar...hard to find any healthy things as almost everything contains sugar also the yoghurt.
The pools and beach were perfect!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ciaran M, General Manager at Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Laono,

Many thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

In relation to our breakfast buffet we serve a wide and varied breakfast each morning consisting of European and Thai hot dishes, fresh fruit, hams and deli meats and cheeses, fresh salads, yogurts, various types of breads and pastries, a live egg station cooking freshly prepared omelettes and much much more. I certainly think their is enough for people with different tastes.

We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Very nice modern resort in a great location. My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights in a pool access room which was very clean, large and well appointed.
After staying there though, would have probably have preferred to have stayed in one of the beach bungalows, as they seem to have a bit more privacy which can be a small issue with the pool access rooms.
The resort itself is great, staff fantastic, nice pools (although I did find the water a bit warm!), brilliant beachfront and beautiful gardens.
Apart from breakfast, which was very good, we only tried the restaurant once and it was nice, with a good choice of Thai or western food. The reason we only ate here once though, is because directly across the road from the resort is the FANTASTIC 'Everyday" restaurant. I urge everybody to try it, the best Thai food bar none!

Dear Matthew H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

The team are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Resort Manager

Been to Sensimar Khaolak Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!