“Can't wait to go back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Save Saved
You added The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani to your Saves list
The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10/18 Moo 7, Petchkasem Road | Khuek Khak, Takua Pa, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand   |
Special Rate
THB2,750 (THB)
Ranked #14 of 60 Hotels in Khao Lak
London, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife & I stayed first 2 weeks of March in a junior suite which was superb. The hotel location is ideal quiet yet with a very short walk to shops & restaurants. There are beach bars about 10 minutes away for a change of venue and a taxi to the market is only 150 baht. All in all we could not find fault with anything and are looking forward to returning this time for 3 weeks.

Room Tip: Ground floor suites have sunbeds on the terrace
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Katathani1, Manager at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, April 1, 2014

Sawasdee & Greeting from The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had a relaxing stay with our services and hope to see you again in the near future.

If I could be of your assistance for further inquiries or next visit, please feel free to contact myself at your convenience.

E-mail : residentmanager@thesandskhaolak.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in a good spot of khao lak. There are mini marts, banks, restaurants in just walking distance from the hotel. Staffs are freindly and helpful. The only cons is the room is not up to 5 stars standard. The finishing details in the room needed to make more neat. However,overall I have a wonderful experince and relaxing during my trip.

• Stayed March 2014
Katathani1, Manager at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, March 31, 2014

Sawasdee & Greeting from The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had an overall relaxing stay with our services.

With regards to your remarks which concern to in room finishing, please be assured that it has been noted by management and will be taken into consideration for future improvements. Thank you very much for bringing up this points to our attention and we very much hope to see you again in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Very quiet and relaxing hotel
Near khao lok centre for plenty of bars and restaurants
Grounds are massive and the kids pools and adult chill pools well seperlated so no noisy kids to disturb your peace
Lovely beach on doorstep and the rooms are spot on so would recommend

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Katathani1, Manager at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, March 30, 2014

Sawasdee & Greeting from The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Thank you very much for your recent staying with us at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani. We are very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with our services and will gladly welcome you back on another occasion.

If I could be of your assistance for further inquiries or future visit, please feel free to contact myself at your convenience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We've just left The Sands today and were sad to go. The resort is in a fantastic location being a short walk to the main street and restaurants. This is our 3rd visit to Phuket, but our first to Khao Lak and we definitely prefer Khao Lak now. We stayed in the one-bedroom suite and it was better than expected with an incredible view from every room. The breakfast buffet was good as was the food at both the Floating Market & Talay restaurants. Staff were genuinely friendly and always willing to help. Kids club was great for our 5 & 2-year olds & the gym well-equipped. Pools are great, especially the Joy pool for the kids. Concerns were dealt with satisfactorily and we are happy to recommend this resort to anyone, especially families. Thanks to all the wonderful staff! Albie says Khop Kun Krap! :)

Stayed March 2014
Katathani1, Manager at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, March 28, 2014

Sawasdee & Greeting from The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Thank you very much for your recent staying with us at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani. We are very glad that you and family had an enjoyable stay with our services and will gladly welcome you back on another occasion.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

While The Sands isn't in Phuket it is well worth staying there. Very relaxing, beach is lovely as are the pools & the massages are not to be missed. The food in both restraunts is great but so is the room service. All the staff are wonderful and really make you feel special

• Stayed March 2014

Sawasdee & Greeting from The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Thank you very much for your recent staying with us at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani. We are very glad you had an enjoyable stay and will gladly welcome you back on another occasion.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I booked four days at the Sands after reading plenty of reviews, figuring it would be an ideal mini-vacation spot for me and my 22-month-old. I wanted a hotel on the beach with plenty of room for my kid to run around, a pool she could play in, and a kids' club that she would enjoy when it was too hot to swim. The Sands surpassed my expectations. We stayed in the standard room, which was a great size for us. I love the balcony with the sitting area to enjoy a meal, a drying rack for your towels and swim stuff, and a fan that makes a big difference with the heat. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a bathtub, but the separate shower was great (the floor is quite slippery for little ones) and I appreciated that we could pull the sliding walls to turn the "open" bathroom into a closed one.

The resort is not enormous, but big enough that walking back and forth from the beach and pool and restaurants can be tiring. There are two pools: the Joy pool for kids and the Peace pool for adults. The Joy pool had a deep-ish section (came up to my chest), a shallower section perfect for my toddler (0.6 m) and then a couple of great wading areas. There was also one slide that looked like fun.

The kids' club is great, with a TV area, video games, books, and lots of toys. It's a great escape from the heat when you don't know what else to do. My daughter could play independently while I watched. Many parents dropped off their older kids and the staff seemed to supervise them fairly well. The kids' club also had an outside area with sand and toys, a climbing wall, and slides. We liked that as well.

My biggest (maybe only) complaint is that the food was so, so bland. The best meal we had was at the restaurant overlooking the ocean, Talay, and even that meal was less than perfect due to a LOT of bugs out at night. (To be fair, if I'd worn long pants I would have probably enjoyed myself more.) The nice thing is that you can walk from the resort to a bunch of restaurants so you aren't stuck with the two on-site restaurants.

I also liked that the water was complimentary, but otherwise you were free to stock the minibar yourself. There's a mini mart on-site that's not too expensive, but you can easily walk to a 7-Eleven to stock up, which I recommend doing to stock up on snacks and water and soda.

The staff are absolutely incredible. Service was flawless and by the second day the housekeeping staff knew my daughter's name.

Tips:
1. If you're traveling with littles, take a stroller. Makes it much easier to navigate the resort (which, by the way, has lots of ramps) and to walk into town for dinner and shopping.
2. Grab DVDs from the reception to watch when the littles are napping or it's simply too warm to go outside.
3. Take multiple bathing suits so you can swim several times a day without having to wait for your suit to dry.
4. Don't miss the koi feeding sessions at 8.30 am and 4 pm. Kids will love it.
5. Book roundtrip taxi from Phuket airport online. The hotel's prices are much more expensive and it's peace of mind to have all of that squared away.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Katathani1, Manager at The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani, responded to this review, March 25, 2014

Sawasdee & Greeting from The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy that you had an overall relaxing stay to spend your special holiday with your family at our resort.

With regards to your remarks which it's concern to services quality and resort facilities provided, please be assured that it has been noted by management and will be taken into consideration for future improvements. Thank you very much for bringing up this points to our attention and we very much hope to see you again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

A beautiful and relaxing place to stay in Khao Lak. We stayed 4 nights; Everything down to the little details was perfect . The staff were lovely and so polite and smiley. Breakfast each morning was delicious with a variety to suit everybody. Bed was so comforfable . Some entertainment at night to watch outside the resturants. My sister got married here and they got so much more than they could hope for from the wonderful staff. Hope to come back here in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

E-mail : residentmanager@thesandskhaolak.com

Been to The Sands Khao Lak by Katathani? Share your experiences!