“Relax time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Resort & Spa to your Saves list
SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30/7 Moon 7 | Takua-Pa Phang Nga, Khao Lak 82000, Thailand   |
Ranked #15 of 60 hotels in Khao Lak
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Relax time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have been there with my sister in January. We had a room with pool, so great! Room are realy nice, clean and modern. Must be new hote.
Beach is realy nice, clean and quiet.
There are smo nice restaurant on the beach aswell as masage....
We loved to stay on the beach for the dinner with the beach wear, no problem. Therre were not so many children :)
I would like to go back again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
GracelandGrace, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Miss Natalia,

The warmest greetings from SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Team, Sawadee ka!

We truly appreciate your time for writing your review. Your comment is valuable to us since we are constantly evolving to enhance guest service satisfaction to make sure all our guest are happy staying with us.

Again, Thank you so much and we are delighted to see you again.

Best regard,

189 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hopton on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights in a Morgan Suite with 3 young children (8,5,3). The hotel is on Bang sak beach, really remote and away from all the hustle and bustle of Phuket! It is a good 1hr 15 mins from Phuket airport. The lobby is massive and when you arrive, they give you a seat, drink and time to chill out whilst they undertake the check in process. They have 'golf carts' to take you to your room as the resort is quite extensive, which are also available all the time to take guests around the resort. The room we had was a great size, separate dining / lounge area and very clean and well equipped. Complimentary flip flops are a good idea. Lovely large bathrooms and a bath on the outside, great for enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sun set! Breakfast has a very good choice, lots of tables and again very clean. We had one meal in the 'Oceana' Italian style restaurant which was ok but I guess expensive compared to the number of restaurants on the beach. We went to Zum Berliner most nights as they did great food and loved the kids. Michael and Ebben were super and would definitely recommend their food, lovely. The pool area is always clean, plenty of loungers, umbrellas etc. The beach again, was very clean, plenty of shade under the trees if needed. We were there for the New Year celebrations, which was well organised and we all had a great time. We went on a half day elephant trek, which is about the right amount of time considering the heat! People on the beach or in the hotel can organise this for you. A few massage places on the beach which offer very good value. Khao Lak town is about 10 minutes away, with a free daily shuttle provided by the hotel. Some people state that it is more French but I dont agree, yes there are a few French, I think a French holiday company is partnered in some way with the hotel, but there are lots of other nationalities there and everyone seems to have a good time. I think some of the staff are still learning about hospitality but I wouldn't see this as a negative, as they are always polite, helpful and of course love the children. Overall, a great hotel, well worth the money, quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Scopie100,

Sawadee ka, Sunny greetings from SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak!

On behalf of SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Team, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time on sharing your experience during your stay with us. We are pleased to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us.

We truly appreciate your opinion. Your comment is valuable to us since we are constantly evolving to enhance guest service satisfaction to make sure all our guest are happy staying with us.

Again, Thank you so much and we are delighted to see you again.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sentido with our 3 and 1 year old kids for nearly one week in February. In a nutshell, we loved it and would go back if we return to Khao Lak! You don't get the same luxury and flawless service that you do at the JW Marriott, but you pay a lot less, so it's not to be expected. The food is not so great, but our kids ate it, and that is all that was important to us. We had some particular requests for our picky eaters, and the staff always did their best to meet our needs (for example, allowing us to order food that was not on the in-room dining menu or giving us bananas at breakfast). Yes, their English was not perfect, but they always tried very hard to be helpful and friendly.
The beach is beautiful and though the waves were rather strong at high tide, at low tide they were perfect for our kids to play in. The best part about this beach is that it is pretty untouched and that is difficult to find nowadays. This hotel and some small restaurants are the only establishments you will find as far as the eye can see. That being said, I do wish the hotel had done a better job of cleaning up cigarette butts and trash left by guests on their stretch of beach.

I did like that we didn't have to get up early and rush to the beach to get lounge chairs as you do at other places. Here, you almost always find an open chair and if not, the staff will get one for you.
We stayed in a lovely, clean suite with a balcony, a huge bedroom with two big beds and a living room plus dining room and kitchenette. It was perfect for our small family.
Also, the kids club was a nice place to bring the kids during the midday heat.

Room Tip: If you are a family, take a suite!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ms. Weltreiser81 and family,

Sawadee ka! On behalf of SENTIDO Graceland Khaoalak team, We would like to thank you for taking the time in writing us a review. It is our utmost appreciation seeing our guest take details to both positive and negative, as to our guests opinion and observation we will able to improve our service and performance.

Again we thank you for choosing SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak resort and Spa as your preferred holiday destination in Thailand. Until then we remain with warm regards and hope to see you in the near future.

gatewaytom30
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My family and I have travel very frequntly, and I must say a bit apprehensive to book this hotel after reading the reviews. I broke my ankle 2 days befor flying out.
I got to the hotel and for value for money I would say can't be beaten. The rooms downstairs have the own pool access, are spotlessly clean and have what you would expect for a 5*.
The only thing I would say is its a bit far from the town. We didnt care all we need is a few good local beach hut restaurants and it has.
The staff are amazing the best iv ever had especially ( Annie and Catia) I had a big problem couldn't get around from the room I was in on crutches. I thought the answer was to move hotel I tried to contact our rep Thomas Cook absolutely hopeless you might as well book it yourself on line as if anything goes wrong your on your own, the staff in the hotel could see my
Frustration and offered me a room by the main pool.
They also have lots of electric buggies and were happy to give me a lift when needed.
The food in the hotel is good though the usual hotel prices.
Beach amazing not ruined by man, didnt see more then 10 people on it lots of wildlife for
children to discover make sure to bring a torch.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms all have the own pool excess
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel decoration is amazing. All the room can access pool or pool view. We arrived hotel quite late so we are not yet jump into the pool. But will defo do tmr! Worth for money with over expected decoration & design!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed at this hotel in December 2013.. New hotel with some construction work still on when we were there.. Being a new place there weren't too many guests. This is a big property & we had to use buggies to go from our room to the reception. The view from the beach is beautiful . Breakfast was strictly ok .. Have had much better breakfasts at other hotels in Thailand.
Today after a couple of months the construction must be complete & with more guests the atmosphere at the hotel must be very different..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

For the check-in procedure the guest was seated in the big reception hall, while the attendent took your booking, passport and credit card to the check-in counter. While waiting there was a free welcome drink and cold towel which was nice.
After the check-in procedure my luggage and I was driven to my room and the attendent showed me around the room. The room itself was very spacious with a nice view over the resort and also you could see the turquiose water of the andaman sea.
Breakfast in the morning was alright, with decent choice from western and asian dishes. Capuccino that I got was nothing special, I had better before. If you would come one hour before the breakfast closes, you would not find enough clean glasses or plates there, which is a big minus. Also staff sometimes takes away your plates and glasses even if you are not
finished yet, big minus again.
Then I used the in-room dining service. I ordered Thai food. The food was not very special, I had eaten Thai food at the outside restaurants that was much better and was much more inexpensive than what I got here. The best was only the desert (fried bananas with ice cream). When I was done I called the staff to take the used dishes and I put them in front of the room as I was told to do and they said they would pick it up in 10 minutes. Nothing happened. The next morning the used dishes were still there (I guess at least the cockroaches were happy), so I had to call them again. Finally the staff took it away. But for a resort like that it is a big minus again.
The resort is located right on the Haad Bang Sak beach which is about 20 km north of Khao Lak town. The beach around the resort is not as empty as was stated in other reviews. You have to walk around 10 minutes to find a place where really noone is there (except some people passing by). Right in front of the resort its very crowded at the beach there.
Their laundry service worked fine.
The resort has a bowling area, a fitness center, a place to play snooker and table-tennis a tennis court and several outside swimming pools which is really nice.
Wifi was fast and accessible throughout the entire room which was good.
Also be aware that a lot of French are here since the Kappa club sells rooms in this resort as part of an all-inclusive package.
Altogether I mostly enjoyed my stay even though there were a few things that kind of disappointed me at a resort like this with the corresponding price (high even for a European, not to mention for Thais). I would not recommend to stay in this hotel, for the price you do not get as much as you should here in Thailand. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to SENTIDO Graceland Khaolak Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!