Stayed at this resort for 4 nights this April with g/f.
Without doubt, this is the most beautiful resort I've stayed in. For our trip to Thailand / Khao Lak, we also stayed at the Ramada and we much preferred the Beyond Resort for beauty. The accommodation and the pool are both amazing. The grounds are terrific and extremely well looked after, too.
We did have a few issues while we were there. Some could easily be solved and some could have been isolated.
1. the bin in the toilet cubicle was not emptied for 3 days - not good!
2. the laundry was terrible - for the cost, we didn't see much improvement in the clothes coming back other than having a slightly better bouquet! We're now home - used our normal machine / powder etc, and the clothes are as new. I would seriously avoid using their laundry services.
3. boy, was it difficult getting coffee at breakfast! The first morning I actually went to the coffee machine myself thinking that's what you were supposed to do because nothing was happening but then was told someone would bring it to me. This didn't improve over the next two mornings.
4. the shuttle bus into Khao Lak Town was a real money spinner for the hotel. It costs 150baht each way. On our trip in and coming back, there was an average of 10 people - that's a total 1500baht. It's 15km into town. G/f and I paid 1000baht for taxi from Khao Lak to Phuket - 80km away.
5. the worst thing? the loungers...while there are enough of them, most are designed so that you can only lie face up, so, if you wanted a bit of sun on your back, you'd have to leave the lounger and lie on the beach. Obviously, it's not a disaster lying on the beach, but that's what loungers are for, surely. Oh, and in spite of the warnings in the villas, towels are placed on the few "normal" loungers from about 7am but not used (it seemed) til much later.
Anyways, this seems that I disliked Beyond. I didn't. I really liked the resort. I would recommend it to others and I would also consider going back. I am giving it a 4 after all.
Final point - there are some nice restaurants to the right of the resort as you approach the beach. While the food prices in the Beyond restaurants weren't excessive, the nearby restaurants are much cheaper and better overall value for mone, in my opinion.
Lots of free drinking water provided by the resort and the villas do contain everything you could need...so, overall, very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Creating memories, in romantic location… Beyond Resort Khaolak." Unspoiled sands, untouched nature, and undisturbed relaxation; Beyond Resort Khaolak is situated an hour north from Phuket International Airport. Famed for its white beaches, slow life style, and natural surroundings Khaolak is the quieter alternative to Phuket. Jungle-clad mountains, nature-based excursions, and boat rides are activities of choice. On the beach, looking out towards the Andaman Sea nothing stands in-between you and horizon's edge. Offering 153 luxurious villas in contemporary Thai-Style, Beyond Resort Khaolak brings the finer things in life right to your villa door.For our active guests we now offer Scuba Diving all year round.Note, this is an couples resort and allow only guests age 18 and older. Please note that if you pay your hotelbill by credit Card the hotel will charge you a 2% bank processing fee ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beyond Resort Khaolak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.