“Nice family hotel at the beach” 5 of 5 stars

The Shambhala Khaolak Resort
67/62 Moo 5 | Khuek Khak, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand   |
Ranked #25 of 60 hotels in Khao Lak
Kotka, Finland
“Nice family hotel at the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Shambhala is nice place for couples and families who want to relax and spend some time in the sun and sea. There is Bungalows, with seaview and gardenview ( seaview is way to go )Good location right at the beach, small pool, massages and the restaurant. Not too far from the main town.

We will come back, if we go to khao lak :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I spent 8 glorious days here and were both sad to leave. We had a sea view bungalow whcih overlooked the swimmimg pool and the room was spacious, modern and cleaned every day.

The hotel itself was lovely and situated of the main road. A ten minute walk led you to the town itself where there were many restaurants and bars as well as a large open air market which included many stalls serving cooked food which was delicious.

Breakfast was included in the price and was served on the beachfront. This was varied and of very good quality. You could eat as much as you wanted.

The staff were lovely, polite and always asking if everything was OK. On the day we left they even apologised to us for any mistakes they may have made, which they had not.

When we wanted some variety on our relaxation we had Thai massages which were excellent. The masseurs were polite and friendly and the massages took place in the open air overlooking the sea.

This is a perfect place to visit if you are looking for a quite, relaxed and peaceful holiday

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Khao Lak is the perfect beach holiday location, so much quieter than Phuket. It is a one hour taxi drive north of Phuket airport. Bang Niang beach is well located, and the Shambhala is a lovely hotel. Although the area is more expensive then Phuket it is a worthwhile extra expense. The staff are very nice people, relaxed, laid back yet helpful. The breakfast is very good quality, and as much as you want. Motorbikes available for rent, which is useful for trips to the waterfalls or to the local town for the market, shops and more restaurants.
Overall we were very satisfied with our 7 nights, except next time I will book 10-14 nights although at 140 Euros a night it is a bit costly but compared to other hotels in the area the Shambhala is not over priced.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pompey, uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

2/3 star hotel. Very basic accomodation. In need of a revamp. Good breakfast. Staff have limited english. Nice swimming pool but the v small area around it is in need of a good cleanup. On the beach front but 6foot up as the sea hits the hotel wall at high tide.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

There are a few seperate cottages combined together as a hotel. The rooms are nice and clean and have full glass doors with a verandah outside. Some of the rooms are facing the beach and have a nice view. The staff is helpful and polite. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the market. The breakfast area is beach facing. Nice place to relax. There are no amenities like swimming pool or fitness center which we get in other hotels. Come here if you want a homely place to relax.

Room Tip: Take beach facing.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was a bad choice, because of the policy of the staff. The management of the hotel support rude, disrespecting behaviour some of their guest. I had an argue with one of their guest who smoked near my family (I am pregnant and have 6 years old child) at sunbathing area, I asked him in polite way didn't smoke near my kid and me, but he said that my pregnancy and my child were my problems and “f... you”. When I asked Ms Hong to solve this problem she said there was a public place, everybody could do what they wanted there and she didn't care about “impolite words” as well. And now I am sticking in such unpleasant place because they don't want return me money for the cancelation of the next 5 nights. I definitely don't recommend this hotel to families with children and those who like to enjoy fresh sea air without nicotine (the territory of the hotel is very small and it's difficult to find non-smoking place).

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Somerset, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Shambhala and we loved it. if you want a large 5 star impersonal resort don't come here, but if you want a small friendly laid back chilled out holiday this is the place. Its a small family run hotel, daughters run the hotel, daughters husband runs the bar and makes fabulous coffee, auntie's in the kitchen with the cousin.......... nothing's too much trouble. We stayed in one of the bungalows overlooking the sea at the front, we were lucky enough to get an upgrade, and it was worth it. Our bed was a bit on the hard side for me but straight away a bed topper was put on. The food in the restaurant was lovely, we had a few meals there in the evening when we couldn't be bothered to head into town, tables overlook the beach in a small lovely setting, just wonderful. I can't describe how lovely this place is and its all down to the staff.(around the hotel there are little pottery people hanging from the trees, I asked one of the daughters where they got them from, on our last day she told me she has found out they were no longer made and gave me one of theirs,how lovely was that !!) Everything about this place is laid back, it was only on the last couple of days that we had the usual problem of people reserving sun loungers up until then nobody bothered which was nice. Must just say they have an on sight massage which I used a couple of times...just amazing...the best massages I've had.
All in all a fantastic holiday, so thank you so much.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to The Shambhala Khaolak Resort? Share your experiences!