“Best hotel ever - again!” 5 of 5 stars

Kantary Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   64, 65 Moo2, Kukkak, Takuapa, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 60 hotels in Khao Lak
Melbourne, Australia
“Best hotel ever - again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit and once again it lived up to our high expectations. The whole experience of staying here was five star. The villa units are lovely, the pools are well looked after as are the restaurants and surrounds. But what makes this hotel stand out is the staff. The restaurant staff - Alice, Mr Tu and Mem - couldn't have made us feel more welcome. The Customer Liaison Manager - Darren - also bent over backwards to make sure we didn't want for anything. Keep doing what you're doing Darren, there are some who could learn from you. Since our first stay, and our second subsequent stay, no other hotel can quite come up to scratch. We will continue to recommend as often as we can.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Beach, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, is very pleased to have met your expectations on your second stay with us and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon for your third stay with us. Your appreciative thanks to our attentive, friendly, and helpful staff, and management, by name, has been noted for passing on to them. Thank you for your feedback.

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here with a friend for one week on a Scoopon voucher. The value was amazing! We had an amazing villa right next the pool bar and couldn't believe our luck. The weather is very hot but the air con in the rooms is fantastic and there are fans in the open restaurant near the beach which are sufficient. Don't forget to bring your bug spray, especially for at night the mosquitoes are vicious. Another reason not to keep your door open at night, the bugs and lizards will come in.
This isn't a bad thing, it's just common sense.
Take note that most of the resorts in the area are more 'coupley', however we didn't really find this an issue and had a very relaxed holiday. Make sure to book some tours in reception with eco tours, they are very helpful and you are also able to book tours in town.
The taxi ride to town is about 10 minutes, so not walkable.
Breakfast is included with your room cost and is quite good, the fresh fruit every day is amazing. Especially the watermelon and pineapple. They also make a great omelette which we loved.
Try to eat as much Thai food as you can, it's a lot cheaper than 'western' food and is so much better than anything you will find in your own country.
Make sure to use the pools, as the sea has jellyfish warnings. We did swim in the sea regardless but atleast you know you're 100% safe at the pool. Plus the pool bar is fantastic, try the coconut delight cocktail (served in a coconut, Yum!).

Room Tip: The Villas are fantastic, if you can afford the difference make sure you get a villa.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, thanks you for sharing your review with us and our readers, after your recent 1 week stay, which should be helpful to other readers planning a stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon for another enjoyable and pleasant stay.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We loved the villas here, sparkling new and very comfortable. The staff was exceptionally nice. Location is good if you want a quiet beach holiday but bit far from town (15-20 minutes by taxi or shuttle bus for about 100baht per person or 300 per taxi). Restaurant was very nice and breakfast was fantastic. Massage ladies were pretty good. Would recommend for a quiet lazy holiday.

Stayed April 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, appreciates your endorsement of our property and operation as “good for a quiet lazy holiday.” We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you.
Phuket, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed this hotel for 1 night during 25-26/04/2014 with voucher from Ensogo.com, this hotel is far away from main road but near to the beach with 2 outdoor swimming pool (One in the center of hotel and one closed to the beach) I love this hotel that allow only 16 years old can stay so I didn't see any children in the resort, it's very fantastic. Upon check in you can got welcome drink (Orange juice) very fast from GSA and only 3-5 minutes finished for check in process so let's go with club car to the room. I booked Suites Room with Twin Bed and I had sent email to this hotel before arrival about my request for non-smoking room, sea view and high floor that I got all of my request (Thank you very much to Front Team especially Khun Rungrog/Front Office Manager thank you to him so much) I got room number 2301 on top floor in Building A (Suites Located next to each other total 4 Building start from D, C, B and A) Every Building didn't provide elevator so the elder should be request group floor would be available more than second floor or third floor. From my room you can see sea view facing from living room, bedroom and balcony, it's very fantastic and very happy to relax at the balcony with some drink in evening. In room you can got all amenities that they provided such as, bathrobe, slipper, in room safe (Big Enough to put notebook inside), separate shower and bathtub with high pressure water and full set up bathroom amenities that you didn't need to bought from outside. Towel is clean and good smell. In room have 2 television with 1 old and 1 new but it didn't have the problem to me. In the living room you can see microwave, big refrigerator with free drinking water and full set of plate, glasses and bowl that is amazing hotel that I had stayed before that make I love this hotel so much! The bed is soft and I slept very well all night.
From my room I can walk to the beach within 2 minutes and the swimming pool near the beach is big enough and staffs are very friendly and helpful.
On departure date I had breakfast at 08.30 am in the restaurant that facing to the beach. Plenty of food that you can eat had provide in breakfast room and enough for me and my friend, the waiter was walk around all tables to take care you with tea or coffee that make me feel like VIP guest. Thank you again for F&B Team.
I had checked out at 11.00 am and only 3 minutes for check out process, it is very fast service with smile on face every time for all staff in this hotel that is very nice for me and other guests.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all of staffs in Kantary Beach Khaolak who make my holiday is wonderful and fantastic memory. I promise to return this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: If you booked suites room please remark sea view room that would be nice for your stay
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Beach, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, is very pleased to learn that your recent stay with us met your expectations, and we welcome your promise to return again soon. Your appreciative mention of our attentive and friendly staff, some by name, has been noted to share with them. Thank you for your informative feedback which should be useful to other readers planning a stay with us.
Forster, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was my third trip to Thailand and my first visit to Khao Lak.

We booked this on Scoopon (thank you Scoopon....again) after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and were travelling with friends who had previously stayed in Khao Lak at another resort.

I was overwhelmed by the friendliness and the efficiency of the staff during the check in process.........and overall. Very friendly people creating a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere.

On first impression the resort does look a little 'stark' (all villas and hotels are mainly white) but this is not really a negative as it bears no impact on the standard of the villas.

The rooms were spacious and modern and had been well looked after. The restaurant food was first class, fresh, with a great variety.

There is a minimart on site, a great bar (The Otter Bar) to watch the sunset and the most beautiful and clean beach in the area.

The nearby restaurant ' The Boatyard' served the most fresh and flavoursome some food (cheap also) with the coldest drinks I had during my holiday............

Everything I read about Darren (Guest Relations Manager) was so true...........he is a credit to the resort and made our stay amazing.

He was so helpful with where to go and what to do around the area which lead us to some amazing places (Bangsak Beach, Koh Koh Kao - Sunset Beach and more). I cant thank him enough.

I would recommend this resort to anyone travelling with or without children (although for us it was nice being there during the peak season with adults only).

I cant wait to return (we were coming back in 2016 but now looks like next year). Thank you for making our holiday amazing!

Room Tip: The villas closest to the beach (first and second row) as it is also close to the restaurant for mea...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Beach, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, is pleased to learn that your recent stay with us met your expectations and was amazing, with a planned return, sooner now, than previously anticipated. Your informative review fills in gaps that many have regarding what to do when staying with us while your thoughtful appreciation of our guest relations manager has been shared with him. We thank you and look forward to welcoming you back.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My partner and I went here for our honeymoon. My first time since the early 90s in Thailand when I was a chickadee, now a formidable rooster with a ring 'round one of his talons, ready to relax after a busy wedding celebration. We booked this with a Scoopon months ago.

Some locals say that Kantary reminds them of an immigration camp, as it lacks the character and charm of surrounding resorts, but don't be fooled by its sterile and soulless feel. This place is fantastic if you want to be left alone, read a book and relax!

This busiest part of your day will be the buffet breakfast. Be patient during those peak times, and just take it in as an experience. You might have to queue up every now and again to have a few dedicated cooks work on your personalised eggs whatever-way-you-want-them, but that's small pittance when you're surrounded my young, smiling staff who greet and acknowledge you as they pass by and remember, wait, there are absolutely no screaming kids at this resort, as it's ADULTS ONLY!

We also had a private dining experience on the beach in the evening, which cost us about 8000B. From the personal waiter who serves you with his broken english to the 30 odd lit candles dug in carefully placed holes (hate to be the guy who had to do that), you will end up feeling like a true sir/madam. The staff go out of their way to make you feel like royalty. So smile and appreciate what they do back.

But wait, what about if you need the bathroom during your 3 hour extravaganza of a Thai-infused meal, I hear you ask? They'll even let you take the waiter's bike to cycle back to the main restaurant's facilities. Which could be mildly annoying if you have a weak bladder like mine. And I had to go another 3 times.

Depending on the time of year, watch out for high tide. This is probably the funniest part of the private dining experience, as you realise the young man's hours of digging holes for you are undone when the water comes rushing in and extinguishes the candles over a period of an hour or so. The food is awesome, but there is a lot! They can probably cut down on some of the serving sizes here, and it'd be just perfect. We can't complain though - we did ask for a doggy bag to take back to our cabin to have for lunch the following day.

As you'll read from other reviews, yes, this place isn't very close to the town centre and takes about 15 min to get there by taxi/shuttle. You can book them through the concierge and they'll let you know what your options are. Some even opt to hire a motor scooter and do some self-directed exploration. For food options, there are restaurants lined along the beaches adjacent on either side of the resort, and offer cheap and cheerful options. Service is still very good at these places, and you might be privileged to make friends with some local doggies who hang around with their laidback, friendly smiles and attitudes (they secretly want your food).

Room Tip: Beachside villa is close to the beach, but a bit far from the main reception area Get to your sunbe...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, is pleased to have your personal feedback high-lighting some factors and events often overlooked by other reviewers which make for enjoyable and pleasant stays with us. More information about the timing of our no children policy can be found on our website. We look forward to seeing and serving you again soon in the near future. Thank you for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Khao lak. I would say here is a Nice beach, facilities, clean, new, good service mind.

But a few restaurant around hotel, one locates near entrance of resort.

Most of guess are foreigners ^^ .

Next time, i will come back to this resort again.

• Stayed April 2014
Kasemkij_Group, General Manager at Kantary Beach, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
The Kantary Beach, Khao Lak, thanks you for your endorsement and looks forward to welcoming you back again soon. Our guest relations and front desk are both happily available to offer information as to what’s available in the local area in terms of dining and also day trips. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Kantary Beach? Share your experiences!