My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights, when we were evacuated from our live-aboard trip due to rough weather. Long story short, we arrived in Bang Niang around 18h and were both still feeling rather seasick and therefore just needed to get to a hotel as quick as possible. So whilst we had a quick dinner at a seaside restaurant we went online and found this hotel - which was rated no. 1 at the time - and decided to book because of the affordable price.
We arrived at the hotel around 21 and were greated by the Swiss owner (Marcus or Bruno) who was very kind. He showed us to our room which was on the second floor. The room was absolutely beautiful. Bright, clean and spacious. It had a nice balcony overlooking the pool, river and the sea - the view is perfect from almost every room, I would guess.
The bathroom was superb as well.
The breakfast is a la carte and prepared as you order. We had real juices - not the concentrate thing you get elsewhere in most resorts. I can especially recommend the big, juicy panpakes and fruit salads!
The only things we didn't like were...
- The younger male waiters seemed like they came straight from Fawlty Towers! Their English was bad, they consequently got our orders wrong or mixed up, and they were quite clumsy. But I suppose this was primarily due to a lack of training.
- Sadly, the only owner (or manager) present was sitting around drinking beers and smoking all day. He wasn't super serviceminded and it seemed like he had forgotten he was running a hotel and not a pub...
- The smaller upper pools that normaly led the water to the big pool through big pots were not running at the time we were there. In fact they were empty, and it took some of the "shine" off the otherwise beautiful pool area.
I can definitely recommend this hotel, if you don't want to stay at a big, noisy resort in the middle of everything. In fact this place is somewhat secluded - but in a good way.
Also, this is by no means a resort. It didn't bother us, but you might get dissapointed if that's what you are expecting...
We liked in and would like to come back some day - but the owners need to see to some changes in the management style...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Khao Lak Riverside Resort & Spa is located along Thailand’s beautiful west coast, 90 km from Phuket International Airport. Situated next to Bang Niang River, overlooking the unspoiled Bang Niang Bay and the sapphire Andaman sea just 80 meter from the golden sandy beach. A total of 27 rooms designed and built in Asian-style, are spaciously positioned on 7200 m2 that guarantees private and quiet atmosphere. All elegant deluxe double rooms are fully air conditioned with individual climate control, mini bar, Satellite television, in-room safe, bedroom with king size or twin beds, outdoor balcony with a splendid panoramic view over Bang Niang River and the Andaman Sea.Private washroom, bathroom amenities, hair dryer, shower cabin, hot and cold water, toilet and washbasin, bathtub with stunning river and ocean view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Khao Lak Riverside Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.