“Wicked Diving Live-aboard was amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 44 Activities in Khao Lak
More attraction details
Owner description: Wicked Diving is a small dive center located in Khao Lak, Thailand. We are focused on Ethical operations and safety while delivering top-notch service. As our primary concern is our environment, we operate in small groups with skilled guides that emphasize reducing our impact on the eco-systems we visit. You can join our Similan liveaboards, guided overnight snorkeling tours, thorough training courses as well as daytrips to the Similan and Surin Islands.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Boise, Idaho
43 attraction reviews
“Wicked Diving Live-aboard was amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We just spent 5 days with the Wicked Diving crew, on board the Jaya, for a trip through the Similan Islands - totally amazing! Surpassed my expectations! The diving was stunning, and the guides and safety and environmental concerns were wonderful. Could not say enough good things about this outfit.

Visited February 2011
WickedDiving, Manager at Wicked Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Thank you for choosing us to share the adventure! I have to say - your pictures are STUNNING. No, these are very good and you should certainly continue your underwater photography! I love the glassfish (but give me the little stuff any day!).
Come back any time!!!

Chico, California
“The best experience ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Excellent team. Great food at the boat. Very clean and professional.

I recommend Wicked 100%

Visited January 2011
Shanghai
“Top Quality Service and Manta Rays Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a 3 day live-aboard dive/snorkel trip with Wicked Diving. We both came away feeling that the trip was one of the best we've taken. The service was top notch from the beginning. We loved the food. Our guides were not only knowledgeable and safety-oriented instructors but were lovely cruise directors as well! They kept things fun throughout the entire trip. I am a diver and my wife a snorkeler and we both felt well taken care of. We already look forward to our return to Khao Lak and hopefully a trip on their pirate ship. We also appreciated how much care they took to respect the environment they work in. I doubt that there is a "greener" dive company out there. Oh yeah... on the last day we dove with 3 manta rays! Not a bad way to end a great live-aboard trip.

Visited February 2011
Thank you very much for joining us! It was sad to learn we couldn't fit you onto the 5 day trip, but that boat really does fill up fast! Next time.
It is truly appreciated to hear that we took care of your snorkeling partner! We acknowledge that we started as a diving company - but we really do try our best to share our passion for the underwater world - not just for diving!
I wish we could take credit for the Manta rays....but that is simply the whims of mother nature.
Please feel free to come back and join us again!
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 attraction reviews
“The best diving experience with the Similian islands liveaboard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Professional team and instructors, very eco aware, delicious food, unbelievable dive sites...need I say more?

Visited February 2010
San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
“Professional and very organized company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

We did a snorkeling day trip to Similan with 2 children (8, 10). Wicked Diving was well organized, and safety conscious which was important to us as we were with children. We had one guide assigned to the four of us who did an incredible job of fitting us with gear, explaining what we would see, how to get the best from snorkeling, teaching us hand signals for communication, etc. He pointed out so many fish that we simply wouldn't have seen had we been on our own and our guide was especially helpful with our youngest who had never snorkeled before and taught our older, more experienced child how to dive deep. Last year I went on a day trip to Surin with a different organization which was an organizational mess so I really researched this time since we were taking children and would highly, highly recommend going with Wicked. (On a side note, if you can't decide about snorkeling in Surin vs. Similan, now that I've been to both, I'd more recommend Surin).

Visited January 2011
WickedDiving, General Manager at Wicked Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Thanks Laura! We really appreciate your feedback! JP said he had a great time as well and tried to not bore you too much with fish information - we're all marine biology nerds around here :)

I also agree with you on the Surin's being better than the Similan Islands for snorkeling (the opposite is true for diving). However the Surin islands are best done overnight - not just a daytrip. :)

Hopefully we will see you again soon!