“Professional, Sensible, Sincere, Honest and Still So Much FUN !!!! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liquid Adventure - Day Tours

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 40 Activities in Khao Lak
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Established PADI dive centre based in Khao Lak, Thailand with our own liveaboard boat, MV Vilai Samut, offering exciting dive trips to Similan Islands, Surin Islands and Burma. We dive the best sites. Professional staff, great service, excellent food. PADI Courses available from Scuba Diver to Dive Master. Snorkellers and families very welcome.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Indore, India
“Professional, Sensible, Sincere, Honest and Still So Much FUN !!!! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

This was my first trip on a liveboard. The thought of living on a boat in the middle of nowhere was thrilling and yet unsettling. Liquid Adventure did all what they could to make it a comfortable and fun trip for us and this is what it turned out to be .. An amazing out of the world experience. As is my habit I exchanged more than 30 mails with joakim the owner of the place before finalizing the dive center. Joakim answered all the queries with patience and all the assurances that were given to us were fulfilled on the trip.

The deciding factor for choosing liquid was that this is the only liveboard which covers both similian islands as well as richlieu rock in a 3 day itinerary. We reached the dive center at 6:30 pm and were welcomed by the warm and smiling staff the shop was very well laid out and the energy that we felt was very comforting. We were expected and were promptly taken for equipment selection. We were introduced to our instructor Linus who from the first impression seemed to be a really cool guy and lived up to the impression all through the trip :).

The liveboard was actually above our expectation. No footwear was allowed on the boat and as result the boat was really clean. We were three friends living in a 4 bed cabin. The cabin had an independent AC control and though not very big was quite comfortable. The bed was firm and we slept really well during the whole trip. The common area was on the upped deck and was very well lit and quite comfortable. Most of our after lunch naps used to take place there only :) it was also a great place to have discussions with the instructors and other divers. In all it was the most lively place on the boat. The sun deck was also the smoking area but as it was not very sunny this part was only used in the night for beers and cigars watching the silent sea in the night and being spell bound.

We were 16 divers in all, from different nationalities but bound by the love for the sea and the wonders beneath it. The instructors were all swedish and were really passionate about diving. I am sure they would have dived the sites hundreds of time but still their enthusiasm for the dives was something to look up to. .. :)

The food was one of the things I was skeptical about before the trip but it turned out to be one of the best parts of the trip. the breakfast was the usual eggs, bacons, bread, soup and loads of fruits. Lunch and dinner were typically thai with every meal having chicken, fish, pork and beef as meat options and salad and one veg dish. The food was really fresh and there was an never ending supply for fresh fruits and yummy cookies . :)

Coming to the dive equipment and handling of the same. The equipment though not very new was in top notch condition. The support staff was really sincere and attentive. The cylinders were always full before the dive and the support staff kept the diving platform ready and were always there to help with getting ready for the dive.

The dive sites are world famous and rightly so. The variety of divesites was wonderful so was the macro and large sea live under neath.

Will I recommend similian islands for diving .. Hell yeah ... will I recommend dive liveboard diving.. I say there is no better way ..and Liquid is surely one of the finest establishments providing you the experience in a friendly, professional and sensible way.

Thanks to the liquid team and the support staff for making our dive trip such an amazing and out the world experience.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Professional, attentive, safety conscious and fun staff-great liveaboard !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasently surprised with the comfort of the liveaboard and the excellent staff. The Thai cooks always had a great meal ready, dive guides were top notch, Thai crew always ready to help with wetsuit, fins, and gearing up assists, and all went off very smoothly! They aimed to please and came through every time. Also was impressed with the safety consciousness of dive staff and their detailed dive briefings. Equipment we rented was in good condition, of course being from the USA we had to adapt to the metric gauges, but after the first dive we were already talking in meters and bar-no problem. They did not skimp on getting us all the great diving one could expect. An honest, reliable operator...highly recommended!

Tawau Division, Malaysia
“Wonderful trip, excellent food and great diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

If you want to go to the Similan Islands, you want to make sure that you go with a good Company, there are a lot to choose from, but I would strongly recommend Liquid. The staff were amazing, obviously loved their jobs and were very professional and friendly throughout the trip. The food was great, lots of it and very tasty. The boat was clean and tidy with ample space for everyone.

The diving was fantastic, I chose this trip because over the 3 days we covered the whole area from the Similan Islands up to Richelieu Rock which was incredible. Lots to see including Harlequin Shrimps, my personal favourite, it was on a par with Sipadan. The staff were very knowledgeable with thorough briefing throughout the trip making sure that everyone was safe and enjoyed their experiences.

NY
3 attraction reviews
“Great diving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Wonderful helpful staff, great diving, and tons of delicious food. Went on the 3 day/3 night liveaboard. The dive staff were extremely careful, knowledgeable and helpful.

London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

If you are reading this, it is most likely that you are sifting through a plethora of information for the daunting task of booking a dive trip in Thailand. Well look no further, Liquid Adventure are the people you should book with! There are a number of dive companies operating in Khoa Lak offering various different trips around the famous Simian Islands diving (considered by many to be in the top ten dive sites in the world), but I have rarely come across a company as professional, experienced and also as welcoming Liquid Adventure.

My trip: 4 days/ 4 night live-aboard, 14 dives (various islands including Khao Tao, Khao Bon and Richelieu Rock), advanced open water course, copious amounts of food, loads of fun and moderate amounts of sun.

The diving: This is in the worlds top ten for a reason, be prepared to see some amazing things. Sharks (Black tip, white tip and leopard), giant morays, dolphins, scorpion fish, decorated crabs, peacock mantis shrimps, beautiful corals…the list is too big to go on, but it is lovely. My personal favourite was the morning Khao Bon dive when you descend to 30m near a cliff and swim round the tip and back on the other side.

Staff and crew: The dive staff of Liquid are brilliant, although having dived plenty of times in the past, it had been a year since my last diving trip so I was a little nervous but decided to throw myself in the deep end and do the advanced open water course so that I could take full advantage of the dive sites. At all times I felt attended to by the dive staff both above and under the water, 100% safe and always prepared for the next dive. They were very quick to assess my strengths and weakness when diving and quickly and confidently brought me up to speed. The advanced open water course was very interesting and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going who only has open water as it means you can go down to 30m and also do some night diving (personal favourite). They are incredibly knowledgeable about diving and the local marine life and are always happy to field any questions you might have, or even just chat with on the sun deck as you wait to get back in the water. The boat crew very incredibly helpful often jumping into the water to take your fins off and push you back onto the boat, and before you know it they have sat you down and stripping you off your equipment, handing you a hot towel and filling the tanks for the next dive.

Accommodation: The cabins are very comfortable, although I didn’t spend much time in them other than to sleep. My girlfriend and I shared a two twin cabin (bunk beds) and slept like well every night. Although I would recommend ear plugs as the crew get at 4:30 to prepare the boat for the day and sometimes you do move to make it to the next dive site. Each cabin as an outside view and air con.

Food: I think I am still full. The cook is an adorable Thai lady who knocks up some cracking dishes, from Green curry to crab and fresh fish brought from a local fisherman who you happen to be passing. You never go hungry with meals or snacks provided between each dive in additional to toast and biscuits, tea and coffee freely available at all times.

All in all this was an absolutely brilliant trip and I can't wait to go back....