“Most Authentic Thai food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 177 restaurants in Khao Lak
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
uk
“Most Authentic Thai food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was the best meal we had in Khao Lak, really beautiful flavours. We Had Dragon ballsand tempura vegetables then following a recommendation on Trip Advisor had the hot place of whiskey prawns which the chef flames in front of you! They were so good my husband had them both times we went. Very reasonably priced and they served good wine by the glass - worth a visit. One tip is that it is very warm and there are mosquitos so if you attract bugs like I do wear something long and srpay yourself in Deet! still worth a visit though!

Visited February 2013

88% Recommend
“Excellent food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place in December 2012. The food is very authentic and was the best food that I had during my three weeks in Khao Lak. It is located on the main road into Khao Lak which is why I did not find it sooner. The service despite a power cut was excellent and the staff were very polite and attentive. The staff managed to cook two of our three courses by torchlight and it still tasted amazing. Prices are very reasonable and there is also a small craft shop were you can buy small souvenirs. I will definitely return to this restaurant when next in Khao Lak

Australia
“Beautiful subtlety of flavours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I agree with previous posts that have argued this restaurant deserves to be busier given its excellent food and TA rating. I ordered a banana flower salad and sticky rice, and have to say it was one of the most enjoyable meals I have had on my trip. Only because the restaurant was empty did my meal lack atmosphere but the food was delicious. The balance of flavours was superb and clearly the work of someone who knows what they are doing in the kitchen.
One warning: pack the mosquito repellant, or use the one provided on each table.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Best restaurant in the Khao Lak area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We've been to Khao Lak twice, and this is consistently the best food - and the best service - in the area. It's authentic Thai food, cooked by a creative and professional chef who personally comes out of his kitchen to meet his customers. It's a little way out of Bang Yiang/Khao Lak centre, but well worth the walk, or the taxi drive. And really good value. We ended up eating here three times this time - absolutely cant be bettered. I recomend the North Thai special meal - many little taster dishes, superb!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, beautifully presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a lovely meal, the Panang curry was the best dish I had on the whole holiday.
The food was beautifully presented & the staff were quietly attentive.
I also thought it was good value for money & would definately say that this restaurant is well worth the taxi ride.

• Visited January 2013