We stayed for a total of 5 nights. Check in was good and personalized. Strange thing was that they needed the e certificate and I ended up emailing the email confirmation. Never had to do that at any of the Marriott hotels. Room was nice and quite clean. Dated is indeed an appropriate word to describe many of the things in this hotel.
What was fantastic was the pool. It was huge and very relaxing for floating around. The kids pool didn't seem very clean. Water was a little murky.
Having read so many raving reviews about the breakfast, I must say, I was no where near impressed. Actually very disappointed. For 5 mornings, there were exact same things being served. I really mean exact same things. I'm not taking about the sausages and bacon. They served the exact same veg, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and potatoes. There was one variation to the potato out of the 5 days. Most other Marriott hotels I have been to in Thailand would have changed the variety of they local food over the span of 5 days. Not this JW. Only one item was changed at most. They do serve hot noodles where you get to pick your own noodles and veg. The biggest put off were the flies. Flies on sushi, flies on cut fruits and even uncut fruits. There were many flies. Fruits are varied, so were some of the pastries.
I guessed what impressed many of the guests was the size of the restaurant, especially where the food was placed. There actually ain't that much variety of food seriously. I am a huge fan of Renaissance Phuket and Renaissance Bangkok. This is nothing compared to the Renaissance.
If you are looking for a massage, do walk out of the main entrance where you will find a row of little shops. There is a massage place with prices going 400 (they had a promo, 300 before sunset) and it was really good. There are also 2-3 eateries out there and a convenience store.
If you walk out of the beach to the right, the first stall has much cheaper food than the second. Tastes good to me!
On the whole, an OK stay. Don't think I will return in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort