We travelled to this hotel with Thomson 25th March 2014-9th April 2014. The flight was ok, transfer was via private taxi which was nice after being on a plane full of people for 11.5 hours. Its about 1hr 20 from the airport. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a refreshing drink and a cold towel to cool us down. This was lovely except we were kept waiting for over an hour until we were told that the room wasnt ready and we would need to wait until later on to check in, I was really not happy about this as we had spent hours travelling so I complained and we got put in a different room straight away. I am happy to say this is the only negative thing about the whole trip.
Our room was on the third floor and was beautiful, all the rooms are. The breakfast had a really wide choice you can literally have anything that you want there. We only visited the one restaurant on resort which I cannot remember the name of but it is as you go down to the building that breakfast is in its the furthest on the left. Really really great food, but expensive. Much cheaper food can be found in the restaurants surrounding the hotel, the best are out onto the beach to the right, very very cheap food here and good food at that.
The pool area is amazing, lots of little cove areas to sit in, feels like nobody else is there! The pool is just so big, there are plenty of loungers and so much space. The beach area was our favourite though looking out over the beautiful view and every 30mins or so a waiter comes round and serves ice cold water to everyone, then in the afternoon they also hand round cold towels to cool down with. Absolutely perfect.
We went on two of the trips with Thomson, would recommend the khao sok national park, this was a brilliant experience, riding elephants, feeding monkeys and a trip down the river on a canoe. You really do get so much for the money and the guide is a lovely guy really helpful and informative. The other trip was to the similan islands which was good too, but we were disappointed with the Thomson reps advice on this one. Its quite an expensive trip and its much cheaper to book with either someone in khao lak town or some of the restaurants on the beach to the left sell them much cheaper and from closer. With the Thomson one you travel 1.5hours in a mini bus to phucket then 1.5hours on the speedboat to get to the islands. Its a lot of travelling really un necessary to be honest as khao lak is closer to the islands than phuket. The Thomson guy Alan told us not to book with the beach ones as they dont go from a proper harbour and they dont have life jackets etc, well we were shocked when we arrived at a pub and had to walk across the beach to board the boat from a disused section of the beach, certainly not a proper harbour in anyones sense. Anyway once we got there was a lovely trip swam with fish, sea turtles and saw dolphins.
Really would recommend this hotel, we had a really lovely time here and would recommend this to family/friends. The hotel is amazing and from talking to other travellers on the excursions/ at the airport it sounds like we were staying in the best hotel in the area.
Forgot to say the hotel also run a shuttle into the local town which i think was about £1 each, well worth visiting the local town so many little shops and eateries. We also went to the market which was a worthwhile experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort