I have just returned from a wonderful week at the JW Marriott Khao Lak. After a week here we then went to the JW Marriott in Phuket for a couple of days before flying home.
This really isn't a 5 star hotel like the JW Marriott Phuket which was grander in every way. It doesn't feel like a Marriott either. Although the hotel was refurbished some of the builds and the pool dates back to its Sofitel Magic Lagoon days. As other reviewers have noted in the pool whole tiles are missing in places and although the easily accessible areas have been repainted other areas look very tired as shown in the pictures.
The room itself was very nice. The furniture a little dated and I always found it very dark in the room even with all of the lights on. We booked a pool access room which although novel we didn't use much as it got very little sun. This seems the same for most of the rooms, very few get the sun on the lower level balcony’s so we went to the beach most days. I never had any problems getting a sunbed there.
The service from the hotel staff was impeccable and everyone was always welcoming. The location is near perfect if you want a quiet holiday. You can walk for miles in either direction along the beach. The downside is it is very quiet in the evenings. We tried a couple of the restaurants but much preferred eating in the places along the beach to the right. Andaman’s I found best followed Phen's then Blue Mist. The atmosphere of sitting with your feet in the sand watching the waves was amazing and the food (and price) great too.
I hadn't intended to use the Spa in the hotel but as they had a 50% off offer I did. That was a great experience. I also went on one of the bike tours from the hotel. Good quality bikes although they do need a good service.
Do check your bill carefully. There were errors on my bill as I hadn't received the Marriott Silver members discount on all of the food and drink. It took some convincing to show the receptionist it was wrong. Spoilt the holiday in a way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort