As background, I am a Platinum Elite member of Marriott Rewards, so I have stayed in many of their hotels, and have certain benefits because of my status.
I booked a 7-night stay for a family of 4 as part of a Marriott Rewards Travel Package. When I made the booking, Marriott originally booked me to a base/standard room as part of the Travel Package, and said I would need to pay or use additional points for the upgrade to a family room. I said I would pay cash for the upgrade (rather than use points which would have been deducted from my account immediately and didn't seem like a good deal to me), so my booking noted that I needed to pay about 19000 THB for the upgrade.
However, at the hotel they were nice enough to waive the cost for the upgraded room because I was Platinum! That was much appreciated. I used Marriott Gift Cards to settle my incidentals on check-out and had no problem using them.
We took advantage of some of the smaller restaurants on the beach because of the cheap, good food. We even laundry and booked tours through Blue Mist and Khun Mo.
However, we also enjoyed the food options at the JWKL - The breakfast buffet was very good and great that it's free for Platinum members.
We ate at the Thai restaurant, and Olive (the Mediterranean restaurant). We frequented the Cafe for their light and delicious lunches and the occasional post-meal desert.
Overall, thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the JWKL and would highly recommend it for families with kids that don't mind being stuck far away from the "action" of Phuket for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort