Just got back from JW Marriot Khao Lak. Let me point out the most outstanding and valuable asset of JW Marriot Khao Lak. Firstly,this resort has the most amazing pools, it is 3.1 km long. There are 2 main pools which connected by a canal/river to all the pool access room. The water is clean and is being vacuumed daily when we were there. The next best thing is the resort ground. All kinds of trees and shrubs and flowers and palms are planted around the resort. Feels like a mini botanic. I had a great time looking at plants and lizards..........
As for the rest.....
The room is decent size, consists a king bed,which I found to be very comfy, a day bed and a chaise lounger, there are 2 more lounger on the good size balcony. Good size bathroom, our room's (4012) toilet has a strong sewage small, but my in-law (4011) is fine. So if you are sensitive with smell you might want to check it before unpacking your luggage.
Air-con is a bit on the noisy side. Apart from that, it a nice comfy room. Oh, the rain shower is fantastic and international plug point. No adapter. needed.
The restaurant..... we were there in low season, so only one or two restaurants were open during this time. Although the resort rotate the opening of different restaurant each night, we still feels a little stucked with food choice. The breakfast buffet is a ok, not great or super fresh, i.e. salad dressing is off, fresh fruits and cheese is covered with fruits flies., but the latte maciatto is very good. Food overall is not exciting or great. Just go to the Beau restaurant outside the resort on the beach, 4 dishes 2 drinks and a bottle of wine for 1400 baht, beat that.
The people..... I think they are good worker. I don't expect people to be overly nice or super friendly to me, but they have to be good at what they are doing. I think overall attitude here are all positive one, especially the low level service stuff. ( pool cleaner, room cleaner, night security stuff).We chatted to a few and they are friendly people.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the treasures of Khao Lak at JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort and Spa. The pristine white sand beach stretches for miles, melting into the exquisite azure waters of the Andaman Sea. This is Khao Lak, Thailand - a hidden paradise of sun, sea and sand, as well as lush tropical greenery, granite mountains and stunning waterfalls. The vast landscaped area within the resort grounds makes the resort an ideal outdoor venue for incentives or themed events, weddings or product launches. At Marriott Hotels and Resorts®, it's our mission to make every business trip a pleasure and every vacation a trip of a lifetime. Enjoy amenity-filled guest rooms, superb dining, and exemplary meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Hotel Khao Lak
- Jw Marriott Khao Lak Resort And Spa
- Cher Fah Hotel
- Cher Fah Resort