We were recommended this by friends who also came on their honeymoon, as we did.
WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED!!!!!
We were hear for 8 incredible nights on my honeymoon.
Stayed in a GARDEN VIEW room next to the Adults pool. Was on the ground floor with easy access from our balcony straight to the adults pool. it was in a very quiet area, near the Spa Retreat. The room was at a very good fair rate so if anybody on a honeymoon wants to be next to the adult pool, go the garden view.
The grounds are beautiful. So green and well manicured and vast with many activities from swimming in the complex of pools to playing tennis or doing bike tours in the lush jungle to a water fall - that was a lot of fun!!!
This resort caters very very well for families and for honeymooners as there are private adults only pools and pools for kid, though i found the type of people who come to be more mature or honeymooners so the screaming kids around the pool were not to be found!
the buffet Breakfast was amazing. We always got in well before the 9am rush. Not sure if it was becuase we were still on Australian Time and were up at 7am on a morning walk down the serene beach. The variety and quality is very very good.
The beauty of the large pool at the beach is amazing. Swimming in the late afternoon with the glowing orange sun and the ocean views can only be described as magic.
We came on our honeymoon and were greeted with champaign and a cute "happy Honeymoon" cake. The staff were always happy and smiled any time you were near them.
Happy hour on the beach at sun set was fantastic. But get there early because you may find yourself waiting for a cocktail because the bar staff were at times a bit disorganised and as you may expect could speak little English, if any. But sipping a cocktail after a hard day by the pool or beach is really what holidays are all about!
As for Dinner, we ate once at the Thai Restaurant in the Resort and the food was great but very expensive. Like what most other reviews say, if you want some cheaper options, take the Bus into town. Its only 15 Minutes away and it leaves every half hour. There are plenty of places in town and the food is sensational. Throw in a singha beer and life doesnt get much better! There is also shopping down there too with the usual market stuff.
One issue I had was internet. Was very expensive and really, should be free. The resort, like others, should have this as an added vale service as people are already paying lot sof money to stay there.
So in summary, I couldnt not recommend this place more to a couple who want a quiet peaceful getaway in one of the most beautiful resorts going around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary Thai-style resort among the exotic fragrant foliage is situated on a 13km pristine beach and near to the untouched rainforests. It is a secluded and yet exciting destination for a family holiday getaway or a romantic honeymoon. 70 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The resort features guestrooms, suites, villas, three swimming pools, six restaurants, a bar with live band, gym, spa, tennis courts and water sports. 20 minutes to an 18-hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach Hotel Khao Lak
- Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach And Spa Resort
- Meridien Khao Lak