“Great place to relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa

You added Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   9 / 9 Moo 1 | Kuk Kak Subdistrict, Takuapa District, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand (Formerly Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort)   |
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Khao Lak
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place to relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at this resort on a 8 night package including upgraded room, all meals, 8 spa treatments, cooking class and a cocktail party and enjoyed the lot! Our room was a delux suite with separate living area and kitchen, two bathrooms and a 4 post bed which was very comfortable and plenty big enough for entertaining. We wer let down a little by one on the tvs that should have been on the wall but was on a table below with a rather untidy wall mount and wiring hanging out of the wall! We alked for this to be fixed but it was not -pity it let down an otherwise nice room. Our friends were is a lagoon villa, very nice too, but had some blinds missing on one of the windows - this was fixed when they complained which was good. We could have breakfast is two different places, which slighly different menus, lunch is several places and dinner is three or four places too depending on the day. They let them selves down a little by overcharging on one of the drink menu items which occured on several occasions at different venues. When this was pointed out it was fixed and I think it was a genuine mistake in their systems.All the food was very good, and the spa treatments very good. Pool was a bit warm. Overall very good with a few minor distractiions.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Thai first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family and I stayed at the Pullman Khao Lak Resort for 5 nights and I feel they over promised in a number of areas but failed to deliver. For example the room we booked was a Deluxe Spa room. Included in the room package was a free bottle of wine & fruit basket and a one time 60 minute massage for 2 people per stay.

We were part of a large group so check-in was a bit confusing and we didn't get our wine or fruit basket on the day of arrival. We then called and asked over the next three days (staff were to call back but didn't) for this and finally we were told we weren't entitled to it and we had to take our booking confirmation to reception to prove that we were. The wine and fruit basket finally arrived on day 4. The fruit basket turned out to be a plate with an apple, an orange and three small bananas. I was really disappointed with it. This Thailand where fruit is beautiful and plentiful. The bananas weren't even great. I had eaten much better bananas everyday the week before purchased from roadside stalls.

My wife was able to use the voucher for the massage but they couldn't accommodate me until after our departure. What was most annoying was that the staff said say "sorry" but they really didn't mean it. There was no empathy there. This was a common theme in most of our staff interactions.

My son and I had lunch by the pool and I ordered the Plunge Bar Club which on the menu said it was "A triple decker of sliced ham, melted cheese, Bologna sausage, smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato and mustard mayonnaise on toasted bread". What it turned out to be was Spam, bacon, lettuce and plain mayonnaise. Not Triple Decker Ham, No Bologna Sausage, No Cheese and plain mayonnaise. Oversold and under delivered again. On top of that my son got sick as a result of eating raw chicken (he gave me his last piece he couldn't eat and as soon as I took a bite I knew it was raw). We complained to the F& B Manager. A number of other members of our group also got sick after a special function we had. The final thing that was annoying is that I took quite a bit of time to complete the post stay survey emailed to me. I outlined everything in detail and I got back a standard response which went something like sorry we will look into it. But it was a generic response. Nothing was heartfelt and no time was taken to understand what went wrong.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

From the moment we saw this resort on review at Trip Advisor we were excited about the potential of staying at a different resort to our usual tried and tested. We were certainly not disappointed. Our pick up at the airport was smooth and profressional and a little different to the usual hussle of Phuket Airport. Although the drive was long, approx 1 hr 30 mins we enjoyed as always the changing view as we wound our way to the resort.
We upgrade to the Garden Pool Villa which was in a great location, just a stroll from 2 amazing pools and the beach. A bit of a trek to breakfast and the resturants as the beachfront resturant was shut temporarily 2 days after our arrival. However, we didn't mind as it gave us an opportunity to walk off all the inclusive meals!! Occasionally we were luck enough to have one of the fantastic staff stop to offer a lift. You can organise a lift from the Villas by calling your villa host, to be honest we never found the need. The Villa was clean, roomy and well appointed for 2 people and if it hadn't been so hot the inviting pool may have offered more relief from the sunny tropical weather.
The staff are friend and helpful and although ellusive from view, very attentive when you had a request.
The resort is spacious and therefore offers most people a bit of private space and although low season during our visit, we felt with the exception of breakfast we really didn't see many people.
The cocktail party invitiation was greatly received with the General Manager taking time to speak to everyone on the evening .... thank you Jerome, I think we took up most of your time!
As we left they were busy making all sort of improvements and given the vastness of the resort, it can't be an easy upkeep, everyone seems very busy in the gardening group!
I would certainly recommend this resort for tranquility.

One or two negatives ...... one is only minor .... I do believe there could be a little more evening entertainment for those wishing to engage in an evening at the resort. My other would be a personal belief on Wandee the little elephant. I don't know the background and therefore won't judge too strongly.

We will look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Garden Pool Villa, more roomy in the pool than plunge pool in the Pool Villa. I would...
Albury, Australia

Just home after 8 night stay. Room was clean and comfortable and serviced
daily.Staff are helpful and work hard to ensure your comfort.
Dined at all three restaurants and food was excellent,and breakfast has huge selection to keep anyone happy. Thanks to Daniel for welcoming cocktail party and information on history of the resort. Dont miss a walk in the orchid and deer park.Just a few minor niggles coffee could be better
resort exchange rate is a bit mean, drink prices are much higher than Aust.
The Spa is very flash but so are the prices.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Jerome S, Manager at Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear RobPhelps,

Thank you for your kind feedback and we are glad to see you enjoyed staying with us.

As for the minor niggles: We are already in touch with another coffee company and check on room for improvement in this area. As for drink prices, unfortunately due to the high tax on alcohol in Thailand you may experience non-local drinks to come at much higher prices even compared to Australia.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back again on another occasion.

Sydney, Australia
2,890 helpful votes 2,890 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were on a fun driving trip through Phuket wanting to check out all the Accor Hotels. After cruising up the coast to Khao Lat we decided to stopped off at the Pullman Katiliya Resort & Spa hotel for lunch & a swim.

Location: Its approx. 1hr drive from the Phuket International Airport & 15 minutes to Khao Lak village. Beyond Resort is located next door & can easily be reached by walking along the beach if wanting to try different restaurants.

Facilities - The Pullma Katiliya Resort is enormous & is located on prime beachfront with massive swimming pools & grounds. Its a very attractive hotel offering all the necessary facilities to make a lovely relaxing holiday for families or couples. We noticed Tennis courts, Bicycle hire & Mini golf were available too.

There is not much "action" around if looking for nightlife but if wanting to just relax & enjoy the stunning setting then this hotel offers luxury comfort.

Restaurant - We had lunch at the Bamboo café on the beach which was busy & very good regarding the service & menu. It was very pleasant dining under the shade of the palm trees overlooking the sea. We used our Accor 2 for 1 meal deal which was honoured by the hotel.

Overall - Having just dropped into have lunch at the Pullman hotel its a little unfair to rate it seeing we didn't stay. However; due to our travelling experience I can honestly say this hotel would suit guests who love privacy, pools & wanting direct beach access for some serious R & R.

The lagoon villa's looked lovely & hopefully one day we can come back to stay.

Room Tip: Lagoon villa.
Dear Ellemay,

Thank you for the great comment and of course we hope to see you next time not only for a lunch but for a longer, relaxing stay in one of our Rooms, Suites or Villas.

Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm in love with this place.
Pool villas are just genial! Situated in beautiful garden, where you have guaranteed privacy and serenity. Service is on the highest level. Staff is very friendly.
Breakfast is just delicious!
Views are awesome! Very good place to chill and relax.
You could really feel like a movie star!
I'm sure I will back there!

Room Tip: I recommend private pool villa.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear MagdaPoz,

Thank you very much for your generous comments and the great feedback.
Noticing your name, please let me formulate the last sentence as following:

Serdecznie zapraszam na nastepna wizyte!

With warm regards,

Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya was Le Meridian Khao Lak. The place changed its brand recently with more villas in addition to an existing property. Located about 1 hour from Phuket International airport, it is situated on a quite and almost private beach which is not too far away from Khao Lak town.

Reservation: 2 stars out of 5
I book the resort through travel agent. However I contacted the hotel about a week prior to my arrival to make special request for my toddler and baby. The e-mail was sent to e-mail address indicated on the website. I sent the second reminder about 3 days after. Still no reply. So a few days later, I called.

My called was transferred to the other department especially for travel agent. It was answer by one of the team member called Vivian. I asked about my request. She said she hasn't got it and I should sent an e-mail to "rt3" instead of the one published on the website. She used a harsh tone that made me feel like booking through the agent was a crime and I'm a second class citizen. All she kept saying is "send email to rt3". In the end, she demad me to pay all the room charge prior to my arrival otherwise the room will not be guaranteed.

My comments here are:
- What the heck is 'rt3'? She'd rather tell me the full e-mail address. Am I suppose to know what rt3 is?
- If guest that book through travel agent cannot send e-mail to the one indicated on the website, you should've stated on your website.
- There's no cooperation between the normal reservation team and the travel agent reservation team. My e-mail was received and read. They should have forwarded it to each other.
- Booking through travel agent didn't mean that I'm not a guest and I am eligible to a different level of service.

Check-in: 4 out of 5. A bit slow. It took us about 30 mins to check in 3 villas. But everything went well and all our requests were accommodated.

Villa: 3.5 out of 5. Nice and comfortable pool villa. Pool is great. Villa is spacious. However, there was lots of ants in the room. Mosquito and insect could also get in from the toilet. One of the bathroom in our villa has no cloth hanger. There's only screws on the wall. Mirrors both in the room and toilet have mark that made it look like old mirror. A bit creepy to look at. There's a small kitchen however it's just an empty kitchen. No other utensils.

Food: 4 out of 5. Breakfast was nice. You can have your breakfast at The Terrace if you are staying in villas. There's a wide selection of food on the buffet line. Italian food by the main pool was not so good. My steak was not cook properly. When I asked them to fix it, I got a blacken steak.

Service: 5 out of 5. Service were great. Staff were smiling and willing to help. Staff at the Terrace, Pui, was very helpful.

Hotel facilities: 5 out of 5. There were many pools available. Gym, Kid's club are well maintenance.

Overall, improvement and good coordnation needed in reservation. Room need some improvement. Service are great. I would give the overall rating of 3.5 due to my experience during reservation.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Little_Sea_Mom,

Thank you for your extensive feedback and the overall recommendation for our resort.

Regarding the mentioned challenges with our reservation team, we can only apologize for any inconveniences caused. There was certainly no intention to make you feel the way you described due to the fact that you booked through a travel agent. In fact, over 90% of our guests book with a travel agent thus I am very surprised to receive this comment.

Nevertheless I already shared your remarks with our reservation team and I am confident that similar situations will be avoided in the future.

Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve our services and on behalf of our team I do hope to welcome you back again on another occasion.

Director of Rooms

Been to Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!