“lovely beachfront resort.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa

You added Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   9 / 9 Moo 1 | Kuk Kak Subdistrict, Takuapa District, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand (Formerly Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort)   |
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Khao Lak
Sydney, Australia
2,887 helpful votes 2,887 helpful votes
“lovely beachfront resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were on a fun driving trip through Phuket wanting to check out all the Accor Hotels. After cruising up the coast to Khao Lat we decided to stopped off at the Pullman Katiliya Resort & Spa hotel for lunch & a swim.

Location: Its approx. 1hr drive from the Phuket International Airport & 15 minutes to Khao Lak village. Beyond Resort is located next door & can easily be reached by walking along the beach if wanting to try different restaurants.

Facilities - The Pullma Katiliya Resort is enormous & is located on prime beachfront with massive swimming pools & grounds. Its a very attractive hotel offering all the necessary facilities to make a lovely relaxing holiday for families or couples. We noticed Tennis courts, Bicycle hire & Mini golf were available too.

There is not much "action" around if looking for nightlife but if wanting to just relax & enjoy the stunning setting then this hotel offers luxury comfort.

Restaurant - We had lunch at the Bamboo café on the beach which was busy & very good regarding the service & menu. It was very pleasant dining under the shade of the palm trees overlooking the sea. We used our Accor 2 for 1 meal deal which was honoured by the hotel.

Overall - Having just dropped into have lunch at the Pullman hotel its a little unfair to rate it seeing we didn't stay. However; due to our travelling experience I can honestly say this hotel would suit guests who love privacy, pools & wanting direct beach access for some serious R & R.

The lagoon villa's looked lovely & hopefully one day we can come back to stay.

Room Tip: Lagoon villa.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Thai first
Poznan, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I'm in love with this place.
Pool villas are just genial! Situated in beautiful garden, where you have guaranteed privacy and serenity. Service is on the highest level. Staff is very friendly.
Breakfast is just delicious!
Views are awesome! Very good place to chill and relax.
You could really feel like a movie star!
I'm sure I will back there!

Room Tip: I recommend private pool villa.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya was Le Meridian Khao Lak. The place changed its brand recently with more villas in addition to an existing property. Located about 1 hour from Phuket International airport, it is situated on a quite and almost private beach which is not too far away from Khao Lak town.

Reservation: 2 stars out of 5
I book the resort through travel agent. However I contacted the hotel about a week prior to my arrival to make special request for my toddler and baby. The e-mail was sent to e-mail address indicated on the website. I sent the second reminder about 3 days after. Still no reply. So a few days later, I called.

My called was transferred to the other department especially for travel agent. It was answer by one of the team member called Vivian. I asked about my request. She said she hasn't got it and I should sent an e-mail to "rt3" instead of the one published on the website. She used a harsh tone that made me feel like booking through the agent was a crime and I'm a second class citizen. All she kept saying is "send email to rt3". In the end, she demad me to pay all the room charge prior to my arrival otherwise the room will not be guaranteed.

My comments here are:
- What the heck is 'rt3'? She'd rather tell me the full e-mail address. Am I suppose to know what rt3 is?
- If guest that book through travel agent cannot send e-mail to the one indicated on the website, you should've stated on your website.
- There's no cooperation between the normal reservation team and the travel agent reservation team. My e-mail was received and read. They should have forwarded it to each other.
- Booking through travel agent didn't mean that I'm not a guest and I am eligible to a different level of service.

Check-in: 4 out of 5. A bit slow. It took us about 30 mins to check in 3 villas. But everything went well and all our requests were accommodated.

Villa: 3.5 out of 5. Nice and comfortable pool villa. Pool is great. Villa is spacious. However, there was lots of ants in the room. Mosquito and insect could also get in from the toilet. One of the bathroom in our villa has no cloth hanger. There's only screws on the wall. Mirrors both in the room and toilet have mark that made it look like old mirror. A bit creepy to look at. There's a small kitchen however it's just an empty kitchen. No other utensils.

Food: 4 out of 5. Breakfast was nice. You can have your breakfast at The Terrace if you are staying in villas. There's a wide selection of food on the buffet line. Italian food by the main pool was not so good. My steak was not cook properly. When I asked them to fix it, I got a blacken steak.

Service: 5 out of 5. Service were great. Staff were smiling and willing to help. Staff at the Terrace, Pui, was very helpful.

Hotel facilities: 5 out of 5. There were many pools available. Gym, Kid's club are well maintenance.

Overall, improvement and good coordnation needed in reservation. Room need some improvement. Service are great. I would give the overall rating of 3.5 due to my experience during reservation.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at this property before when it was under Le Meridien. We were impressed with our previous visit. This time, we stayed only 2 nights. It seems that nothing much changed after the new management of Pullman.

We were greeted by a friendly receptionist, Jinny. The checkin was speedy, and appreciated the general manager, Jerome to drop by and welcomed our stay. As a platinum member, were upgraded to a deluxe suite, same as our previous visit. The suite was spacious with dining area, micro-wave oven, expresso machine, and a huge refrigerator. Housekeeping was efficient during our stay.

Buffet breakfast had a very good spread, and the service was good. We did not try out any of the restaurant outlets with this visit. However, I recalled that both the Italian and Thai restaurants were great with our previous visit. With Khao Lak expanding long after the tsunami, there are more varieties of dining places to venture out of the hotel in the evenings.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We are just about to leave and as a family of three children and four adults we can't say enough about this beautiful resort. Wonderful facilities and met our every expectation.
Alban and Pla made our grand children remember always with love and affection forever
I just wanted to let you know that with staff like these there will be a stunning future for the Pullman.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Australind, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from an 8 night stay here. I can not fault the resort. Accommodation is extremely comfortable in the villas, all food was amazing....pools were so relaxing. Spa was so peaceful.

A big thank you to the girls at the kids play centre and to all the staff at the restaurants who made our stay and our 1 year old daughters stay absolutely perfect.

Oh and the cleaning staff who did our rooms daily... everyone was so friendly. Thanks.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

thank you so much to all the staff at the Pullman! From the moment we arrived to the day we left we had exceptional service!!! We felt like part of a large family the food was Devine to explain!!! We were travelling with friends one of which has Celiac disease and requires a very specific diet, the Chiefs and staff were so happy and accommodating, the selection of restaurant were sensational the choices were fabulous,!!! Great food... This was a relief and outstanding service, the accommodation was stunning we upgraded to a beach side pool villa which was worth every cent, so private yet gave us space to enjoy evenings full of drinks fun and laughter.
We all had an amazing time and rate this resort a 10/10. Both couples travel extensively and are very well aware of great service grounds accommodation and facilities and to sum it up this had it all.
Thank you all so much once again we hope to be back soon. Xx Jacqui Geoff Samiko and carmine

Room Tip: Go for the beach front pool villa
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!