This hotel changed to Pullman from Meridien only a few months ago, and as we have heard, they have lost up to 50 per cent of their staff to other hotels. This resulted in a service standard which is not up to the standards of a five star hotel. Same must be said about the Italian restaurant whose service and food was terrible. My wife and my daughter both ordered an appetizer of scallops and they received two, respectively one scallops each hidden under some salad leaves.
Unfortunately the Indian restaurant had been closed despite being advertised, probably due to lack of staff.
The transportation desk in the lobby is operated by an outside company, and their service and attention to clients is zero.
The various dinner buffets offered in the evenings were of fairly good quality and the lack of service was not so noticeable.
Breakfast buffet was of good quality and with an ample selection. It is here that we would like to point out the exceptional service offered by the young waiter FAI; many more senior staff members should/could learn from him.
The Terrace restaurant a few hundred meters away offered a very good lunch buffet with good service, unfortunatel it is closed in the evenings.
To close: this hotel has to put a lot of efforts into training of its staff members, and perhaps should take on an Italian cook for the Italian restaurant. It would be sad if the hotel, which undoubtedly has the most beautiful and well kept grounds, including gardens and pools, would
fall down in category.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A contemporary Thai-style resort among the exotic fragrant foliage is situated on a 13km pristine beach and near to the untouched rainforests. It is a secluded and yet exciting destination for a family holiday getaway or a romantic honeymoon. 70 minutes from Phuket International Airport. The resort features guestrooms, suites, villas, three swimming pools, six restaurants, a bar with live band, gym, spa, tennis courts and water sports. 20 minutes to an 18-hole golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach And Spa Resort
- Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach Hotel Khao Lak
- Meridien Khao Lak