“Impressed before I arrive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa

You added Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   9 / 9 Moo 1 | Khuek Khak subdistrict, Takuapa district, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand (Formerly Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort)   |
Ranked #31 of 60 Hotels in Khao Lak
Sydney, Australia
“Impressed before I arrive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Booked 2 villas with luxury escape vouchers for our family who are coming and going at different dates and times. Consequently had to make many changes to our re bedding and transfers. Was worried that as our booking had been made with Le Meridien that there could be problems with Pullman taking over. However after many emails, all issues were sorted efficiently and politely so hoping for a wonderful stay and look forward to writing another positive review after our 8 night stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel previously was lee meridian little far way from from khaolak town but they having shuttle service also taxi service.

Best place for holiday relax place staff are very helpful they advice very well how will get motor bike rent where can find good food etc.

really worth.

Room Tip: beach side west
Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We travelled for 8 nights in November with a 2 year old and 4 month old baby.
We were very worried about traveling to Thailand with small children but this resort really met our expectations.
Even though we came at the start of high season the resort felt deserted. We were the only ones in the family (the pool with the slides) and kids pool for the entire trip.
The beach was fabulous, so clean and the water was warmer then a bath.

Property- the property was beautiful and the landscaping is just gorgeous. We always saw gardeners around the property picking up dead leafs and maintaining the gardens.
The ponds were lovely too with koi fish, ducks and swans.

Rooms- we stayed in the family suite which was perfect for us. The room was huge win seperate lounge room, bedroom and 2 bathrooms.
We requested a few amenities before we arrived for the children and everything was perfect and we were very impressed.
They gave us a baby bottle sterlisier, baby cot, baby bath, childrens toilet seat, step stool, saftey rail for toddler bed
They brought us loads fresh towles twice a day which was great for a family of 4 as well as fresh fruit and a newspaper daily.

Dining- the dining options were poor and not everything was opened which I undestand as there wasn't many guests staying in the resort.
Breakfast was nice. Variety was basic bust quality was good. They opened up a second breakfast option at the terrace which had a amazing view of th beqch and water. That was a lovely way to start your morning.
We ate at the property daily as we had a package
The food at mosiac (Italian) and bamboo bar and grill was less than average. Portions were tiny and more like pub food then '5 star'. We were very disappointed with the food and went to town a few times to get nice food. The prices were ridiculous for the stuff you were getting.
Baan thai was very nice, we wished that had been opened daily.
The staff at the resteraunts were very slow and not attentive. It is fine when you are traveling as a couple but when you have 2 small children going out to dinner can be a difficult experience and unfortunately we don't have the option to sit back and relax and enjoy the soroundings, we needed to get in, eat, and leave. We would wait 10-15 just for the menu and another 10-15 to order drinks etc. kids food options were great but portions very small, I can't image how a 10 year old would be satisfied with the meals. My 2 year old needed 2 portions many times.

We would barley see staff around and no one came to check if we needed more drinks or if everything was ok. We had to hunt them down to ask for anything or to order. We did see them get into shape as soon as Jerome the GM would come in to dine and they would dance around him.

Massage- not too great massages, better in town and much cheaper

Kids club- loads of activities, staff were friendly, clean

Wandee the baby elephant was the highlight of our 2 year old's trip. Seeing him daily was beautiful and he looks like he was very well looked after. We offered to take him home with us but the resort refused :)
Jakob the division manager was absolutely lovely and a delight to talk to, he really made sure we had everything we needed.
Front lobby staff were also loveley and very attentive.
Overall the resort itself and staff were fantastic and our stay was perfect the only negative was the dining experience and food
Thanks

Room Tip: Family suite
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Amesbury, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I leave tomorrow and arrive Friday. I booked months ago through SPG and used points to book the hotel, and the booking was to include transportation from the Phuket airport, breakfast, and an upgrade to an oceanfront pool villa based on availability amd my SPG status. I have tried contacting the hotel via email 3 times to confirm my booking and arrange the transportation. No response. I finally called the hotel tonight and was told my booking does not include transportation or breakfast because the hotel has changed hands. This is my third trip to this resort in the past few years. What a disappointment to be arriving in Phuket as a single female traveler and have a major resort chain not honor a committment and leave me alone.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Nowra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Currently at day 4 of an 8 day stay and my review is mostly positive. Firstly the staff; wonderful people and any good organisation is such, largely because of their staff attitude, appearance and assistance. The 3 A's. No different here, a special mention to the young lady from the Nederland's on an internship who met us on arrival at reception and finally answered my questions which I could not get via email on 3 attempts. To Kati in the restaurant for her welcoming attention each day (makes a great latte), Montha at the Thai cooking class who was so patient and knowledgeable. Great experience and she is class. The duo of musicians each night at various venues, talent and such wonderful voices which made dinner so enjoyable. And finally to Arm and Ya at the sports centre who took us to the waterfall on bikes and then taught us archery. Very patient.

This property is very good with a capital G. The bottom line from two very experienced travellers, is that if you have criticisms with this facility, you are pretty hard to please.

Positives; staff, food and facilities. Many pools and plenty of attention therein. We swam laps for 30 minutes, walked and rode bikes in order that we could continue eating…….

The food is of very high quality. I note some previous comments re the size of portions but frankly, with the range of selections across the 4 or 5 courses; people complaining about portions must really be very big eaters……Just finished tonight a buffet and it was first class. We also heard some guests complaining about an Indian wedding which seemed to go on for days; get a life this is firstly a business establishment catering to all holiday/celebration needs. A few days is nothing.

Negatives; so very minor but the quality of the coffee/tea making facility in the room was marginal 3 star. Some concern that most coconut trees around the pool beachfront still have many hanging nuts on them. I used to live in Port Moresby PNG and Pullman you need to know they kill very easily when hit on the head. Your insurance coverage would I'm sure be concerned.

Beyond that, keep up the maintenance, attention to detail and staff support. This was one of the best stays that we've experienced and largely because of the facility and staff. Thank you

Room Tip: Pool Villa's. Own pool, privacy and luxury.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are not after night life and
If you want to escape from loud Phuket this is the right place !
The grounds of the hotel are just amazing. The pools ... And that loooong secluded beach !
Room with balcony big enough and very specious. Loved it.
Cleaned every day .
Some people are complaining from breakfast?! What ?
The breakfast is so delicious and have absolutely everything you can think of for a breakfast !
The meals at the restaurants also very tasty and delicious .
The alcohol is s bit pricey but you can kind of expect this for a 5* hotel.
We have enjoyed eating at the hotel the whole holiday. Didn't try local restaurants but if you think you can have cheap meals outside hotel there is a market place 15 min drive with so so many restaurants . We did souvenir shopping .
There is a shuttle bus from the hotel but you have to pay for it.
Staff polite enough .
The weather was fantastic , can't imagine the other way .
(Don't worry about the weather forecast , it was wrong for all 8 days !!) just perfect ! We've escaped the rain :-))))
I was choosing my hotel long time and I wAs extremely happy from my choice! I would strongly recommend this hotel .( all ready started )

I don't like writing long review , because I can keep writing and writing .. For all this good staff and amenities this hotel have.

If I visit Khao Lak again I will defiantly stay at this amazing heaven on Earth hotel .

Ps: I know the weather is very hot over there but I have just one little note to add. I am a red wine lover and what I know is white wine is served cold but red wine must be served with room temperature . The red wine I had was served cold every time.
It was strange drinking cold red wine .

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to agree with every positive review of this very beautiful resort, it is a tropical paradise. We stayed in a lagoon suite, highly recommend. Buffet breakfast & occasional buffet dinners are great but the restaurant food at this resort is woeful - choice, quality & portion all terrible. Other guest agreed & we were all in search of food elsewhere. The 2 yr old baby elephant, Wandi is adorable but it is distressing to know she is alone, no companion but appears to be well treated. The staff are all friendly, polite & professional. I too hope the Pullman group do not westernize this hotel anymore, it already lacks Thai culture with live music choices of western sad love songs, no fresh local juices etc. Shuttle bus service into town great, & airport transport & free wi fi excellent.
Worth another visit.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pullman Khao Lak Katiliya Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!