“GREAT resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   #9 / 9, Moo 1 Tambol Kuk Kak | Amphur Takua Pa, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand   |
Ranked #26 of 60 Hotels in Khao Lak
New York
“GREAT resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed at the Le Meridien Khao Lak during the first leg of our trip in Phuket, and it was a very relaxing. Check-in was smooth, the staff was very amicable and helpful. The transition to our room in golf carts was efficient. We were here for our honeymoon and opted for the Premium Ocean Front One Bedroom Villas, with the honeymoon package. Upon arrival into our room, the hotel had made two swans with towels and rose petals that spelled "Happy Honeymoon". The villa is gorgeous and very spacious. The pool is a very good size and we had ocean front, so we were steps away from a beautiful beach. The walk to the main lobby was less than 5 minutes. There is a pool for premium villas guests, and there was a daily fruit tray that was delivered to our room. The room was always clean and service was impeccable for the duration of our stay. Since we had the honeymoon package, we also had 25% off all dining and spa services, and 40% off transportation. We arranged for airport pick-up through the hotel, and a toyolta picked us up without any issues. There were always cold bottles of water for us in the car, and more than enough bottles of water in the villa. We also decided to rent a motorbike to cruise around town through the transportation desk, and it cost $300 TB, which is the equivalent of $10, which is insane for a 24 hour period. We had a great time exploration the Khao Lak area and visited the market. The breakfast was included every morning from 6:30 - 10:30am, and there was a variety of options. It was buffet style, and very generous, not the typical continental breakfast. There is even a baby elephant on premises that made its round outside of the breakfast area every morning. That was totally worth it. Overall, I would highly recommend this property for anyone going to Phuket for their honeymoon. The staff, service, location of the property, and accommodations were impeccable!

Room Tip: Definitely opt for a premium ocean front villas if you are traveling with your significant other. Ot...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear mYstika1907,

Thank you for your wonderful review.

I truly believe that our Resort is the perfect place for a honeymoon with it 's lush gardens, nature, long, white beach, tranquility and spectacular sunsets and I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

Hopefully you will return on your 1st Wedding anniversary, to enjoy, rejuvenate and recharge!

Best Wishes
Jennifer Buhr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayed at Le Meredien between 26th July to 28th July on a short trip. To summarize our stay in one word would be "amazing".
Check in was quite smooth. Room was excellent. The resort is located at the best beach of Khao Lak. The staff is very nice. I would especially like to mention 'Aorso' (hope I got the name right:)) who served us during breakfast. Very charming fellow, always willing to assist and serve with a big smile :).
We took the bike tour organised by the resort for 2 days, where one day we went to the beach and on the another day to the rubber plantation and waterfall. The bike tour to waterfall was quite fun.
Would definitely stay again when we go back.
Highly recommended.

Dear at3122014,

We are delighted that you found us amazing and had an amazing stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our tranquility in Paradise.

Thank you for staying with us.

sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days to kick start our trip to Thailand and it was a wonderful experience.
The airport pick up was smooth and there was water ready for us in the car for the longish drive to the resort (about 70 mins). Check in was fast and the room was amazing. Very spacious and good view of the adult only pool. (Ask for higher level with view to the pool)
The staff were courteous and friendly. We did have unpleasant experience with Kara C's limousine service girls, however after some stern talking to the rather youngish looking girls, they stopped being as rude to us for the rest of the stay.
Breakfast was good with wide variety and good service. Can't comment on the restaurants as did not eat at the hotel for other meals. The restaurant right next door outside the hotel called 'The family' was excellent and very cheap. (and as per name family run!)

The pool was nice, and free from crowds probably due to the low season. Did see the same dead baby frog floating in the pool for the whole of our stay but didn't mind too much as very small one. The spa at one end of the adult pool is very nice also.
House keeping was excellent with twice daily services and unlimited supply of bottled water which is very handy in the humid weather!

The baby elephant in the resort 'wandee' is very tame and added bonus.
In overall would definitely stay there again and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Sydneyplum,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We were all delighted to hear the praise about our lovely Resort and thank you for your kindness. I will of course speak to the Management of Kara C and advise them of the unfriendly treatment you recieved at their desk as regardless of the fact that some of our facilities are sub-contracted, all must adhere to the Le Meridien Service Culture and standards.

Dead baby frog in the pool for days is also defiinitely a big no-no in our books and I will take up the issue with our Landscaping Manager.

Thank you again for your comments. I hope that we may welcome you back to enjoy and rejuvenate in our secluded and tranquil Paradise.

Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

It has taken me a year to finally write this review as the end of our holiday there left such a bad taste in my mouth...first off, I should say the resort is quite nice, possibly the nicest in the area having visited others, other then being a bit rundown. The water heater broke during a shower and took a whole afternoon to fix. A wall panel also broke and was left hanging for a few days. Breakfast was good with many choices. Restaurants were fair, although a bit boring and overpriced but this is to be expected in resorts. The kid's club kept our daughter occupied, as did the pool. The resort is a good 15 minutes away from town, making it a bit of a treck with a child, but we still chose to eat in town almost every night. The food is excelent and a fraction of the cost of the hotel's restaurants.
Now for the bad part; I prepaid our 9 nights stay through booking.com, but we upgraded to a pool villa after two nights stay. The bill came the night before our departure and was really difficult to understand. I couldn't quite tell if the total included what I had prepaid, the upgrade was added on only 4 nights even though it was 7, but the cost much higher then expected. Our "free" massage that came with the room was also charged on the bill even though we never signed an invoice. My husband, who is japanese, told me I was probably wrong and that a 5 star resort would never make such a huge mistake in overcharging....japanese people tend not to question a bill, and I think they are often purposely overcharged because of that reason. I took the bill to the front desk and after reviewing it there with a staff member, a total overcharge of $4000 was found. $4000!!!!!
I did not get an apology. A bottle of wine was left in our room for the last night. Being 5 months pregnant, we did not drink it. Upon checking out, the staff member who had done the upgrade and billing mistake was there and when I pointed out the overcharge, she simply asked if I had found the bottle of wine the previous night as an apology. The GM never showed up and the staff acted as though it was no big deal. This for me, ruined the whole trip as it was the last thing that happened before us returning home. A mistake is understandable (although a series of overcharges on the same bill are difficult to believe), but the way to deal with the mistake was what really threw us off and led us to believe the mistake was intentional. We will not be back and we do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Maud V,

I am so sorry to read of your experiences at our Resort and would like to apologize for the over-billing. I have no excuse to offer other than negligence and am really sad that these unfortunate events did mar your holiday at our beautiful Resort.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem your opinion of our Resort in the future allowing us the privilege of offering you the kind of service expected of a 5-star Resort of the Le Meridien Brand.

I would appreicate if you could contact me directly on my mail: jennifer.buhr@lemeridien.com; I look forward to hearing from you.

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

What a wonderful resort!
We are SPG members and were upgraded to a Premium Villa. Wow! Two huge bedrooms (and bathrooms), living room, dining room and kitchen. Our own private pool and ocean front. Fresh fruit plate in our villa every day of our stay.
Warm and welcoming staff everywhere we went.
Low season, so other than at breakfast (very tasty and lots of variety), at times, we felt like we had our own private resort. We ate at almost all the restaurants that were open. Good meals all around with many different choices.
Enjoyable resort activities. Great seeing the baby elephant up close.
Would definitely recommend. Sorry to see it leave the SPG network.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear DC4NJ,

Thank you for your wonderful review - it really made our day!

It is indeed a very special Resort with lovely associates and one of the best gardens and beaches I have had the opportunity to experience; we are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable and memorable - that is what we are all about - making you feel at home away from home with that extra touch of caring.

Hopefully you will be back to rejuvenate and enjoy Paradise.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed there for 8 days as part of a package we got through Secret Escapes. We were greeted really well when we arrived. Everyone was very nice and friendly, English wasn't a problem for staff, they spoke really well. Our room was lovely, spacious and very clean. It was locked on the top floor overlooking the adults only pool area. We really liked the peace and quiet and no children jumping or running around during our pool area. They are other pools in the resort for children so everyone is happy!

Breakfast was just simply so nice. Wide variety of different foods, very spolit for choice.

Had dinner twice at the hotel resort, it was nice.

Shuttle bus takes you into Khao lak town Centre, but you have to pay 300bht return for 2. Taxi back one way to hotel, if you negotiate is 250bht.

Hiring a car from hotel was simple and charged to room and we drove to Phuket. Straight road. Do it!!!

Definitely recommend it for couples.

The private beach was 2 min walk from our room....

WiFi only available for free from main lobby but that was OK as we didn't mind as our last 8 days in Thailand were just for relaxing.

Overall the hotel was very nice, and we throughly enjoyed our peaceful stay there.

Go in town for massages... So cheap!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear UmmerK,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor - Thank you for your kindness - it really made me and my assoicates proud. Comments such as yours are very motivational and drive the passion in us to excel in all we do and go that extra mile.

Hopefully, we can welcome you again to disappear from the every-day stress and escape to our fantastic Resort for your next discovery journey.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have just returned from a 7 night holiday mid July. My husband and I took our 17yr old son away during the school holidays and left cold, windy rainy New Zealand for our first ever Asian holiday. We picked Khao Lak without much research. We were very lucky to have ended up at Le Meridien which was perfect for all our needs. I loved the peace and quiet of the off season. The tropical rain was fun and no sun burn and no crowds. The waves were up on the beach and we enjoyed boogie boarding with boards provided by resort. Table tennis became a daily ritual. Loved the beach massage. We swam in all 3 pools, it was fun being a kid and using the slide. Said hello to the elephant each day. My husband was well looked after and had special service from wait staff to provide gluten free meals. Khao Lak was ideal location to explore - we went elephant riding and bathing, riding ATV to waterfall ( awesome with the deep puddles from recent rainfall) and day trips to Patong Beach and Temples. Only complaint is that I wish I had booked 2 weeks not one. Would definitley stay here again, like to try high season so we could get out on the water. Did enjoy the no internet in the rooms as each evening we would go to the lobby where the internet is free for drinks and technology time. Thanks to all staff

Room Tip: Airconditioning great in upstairs rooms overlooking adult pool. Used an extra rollaway bed which wor...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rhansen99,

Thank you for your review. Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it (Confucius) and it is so nice to read your comments as indeed I agree that a bit of tropical rain combined with peace, tranquility, fun recreation and activities really make a perfect and beautiful sojourn.

Thank you for staying with us and letting us spoil you.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to experience some more beautiy.

best wishes
Jennifer Buhr

Been to Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!