“Wonderful holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort

Save Saved
You added Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort to your Saves list
Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   #9 / 9, Moo 1 Tambol Kuk Kak | Amphur Takua Pa, Khao Lak 82190, Thailand   |
Ranked #27 of 60 Hotels in Khao Lak
New Zealand
“Wonderful holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed 6 nights on a 16 night trip to Khao Lak & Phuket.

Well established large resort on a great beach. Peaceful and quiet and good for families.

Stayed in a garden pool villa and would recommend the upgrade. The villa was huge and well appointed and serviced. A lovely area to relax while our 3 year old daughter slept and didn't feel like we were stuck in a room.

The family pool is great for kids with fountains and lazy river. The kids pool was sand and very safe for the little ones to play in and build sand castles.Kids club is located in the middle of the family pool. Love the location of it and the glass frontage. Friendly staff but not many outdoor activities and very quiet so could do with more outside fun things to do. Pool service would be good too.

Thanks for the invite to the management cocktails on the beach. It was a gorgeous setting and nice to meet other guests. The lanterns were a hit too.

The resort is looking a bit tired in places but in saying that, I find that some brand new hotels can lack a bit of personality so we were very happy with this choice. And of course, once this hotel has had a bit of money spent on it the price will no doubt double and our pool villa will be out of our budget.

Have also stayed at the Marriott in Khao Lak and loved that too. Probably is a bit more stylish than Le Meridien and the pool bar was very nice. But the family aspect was better at Le Meridien and the pool villa was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Garden pool villa is very large and located very close to the beach and pools and more private than...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Rockabella1,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us. Certainly we shall get creative in regards to designing outside fun things to do; I have spoken to my F & B Manager regarding the Pool Service and I am happy to advise that a face lift in our guest rooms commences in May 2014.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to our charming and idyllic Paradise.

Jennifer Buhr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Lacking of service mind with race discrimination. Checking in and out staffs should be well groomed with good manners. Looking at only a monitor embedded deep at the desk did not impress guests. Staffs should at least try to be nice equally to all races in this planet. Please keep in mind that Thai guest who also have a lot of money, also required nice treatment. Staffs are urgently needed retraining got a better service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Neung,

I have just read your review on Trip Advisor and am of course deeply shamed at what I read. Please do accept my sincere apologies for this lack of customer care. Little things mean a lot and can either make or break a guest's stay with us. I certainly shall take your comments in regards to grooming, lack of attention at check-in, appreciating and understanding diversities and obviously showing we care forward with my team. I can assure you that training is on-going as we strive to teach our associates the importance of anticipating guests needs, which was not apparent in your case.

I would like to apologize profusely for the absence of empathy and care. While I appreciate that my acknowledgement of your experience cannot alleviate the disappointment you endured, I would welcome the opportunity to redeem your opinion of the Resort and hope that you will return so that we may show you that we do indeed care.

maroubra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is my second time here and its still a wonderfull place to stay. It is a little far out of the action but im not here for that so its just suits me and my husband perfectly. There are wonderful restaurants on the beachfont mine is Rim Lay, food is delicious so cheap and the beer s nice and cold. The staff are wonderful here and I can never understand why people get so upset with the natives for not speaking perfect English, you are in THEIR country, and its the charm of trying to make yourself understood.

I am here for 3 more nights but might extend my stay....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Maroubra,

Thanks for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor - really appreciated, especially your remarks regarding the charm of making oneself understood; by the way we have introduced English classes and I have no doubt that my team will get better by the day.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and really hope that we can welcome you back again to our Paradise, away from every-day stress to chill out and enjoy the exotic Thai experience and the Meridien discovery.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with our family across several different rooms, it seems to appear that even with same rooms a different level of service was provided.

All other rooms seemed to have robe and slippers, bug spray and plug in mosquito repellent. We did not have any of this in our room and had to ring up multiple times just to get working Mosquito plug in repellent.

The room is decent, quite big but looks dated and worn. The bathroom needs refreshing, our bathtub was stained, the shower would accumulate in a mini pool which took them 3 hrs to come and fix and the toilet blocked on our final night.

The staff are really friendly and nice but there appears to be a massive language barrier. While I accept not everyone has the best English, I certainly expect more from a supposed 4.5 star hotel.

We booked a 1 hr massage and got 50mins and when we confronted them all i received was an apology and nothing more!

Breakfast is good with a wide variety of options and the dinner at the Italian was not bad either.

The Thai restaurant in house was out done by a beach hut called blue mist near JW Marriott at a fraction of the price, so please do go visit as it is only down the road.

Lack of free wifi and shuttle service is poor, in this day and age wifi is just as important as other amenities and charging for shuttle is plain cheeky as the way it is advertised appears that it is actually inclusive.

Pool area was ok, the pool seems to look like it needs updating as I saw pieces of tiles thrown to the side and behind the towel shop that had obviously come away and lacked general maintenance.

The general cleanliness of the hotel outside also let it down, stains on the walls and floors, broken lights, AC vent that was flooding and not seen too comes to mind. Strangely I never saw a single person cleaning the outside of the rooms as you do with more 'exclusive resorts'.

I'd recommend staying here if you want to do visit a hotel that relies on it's "brand" rather than execution on a non luxury budget as it's generally fine, but after visiting the JW Marriott down the road I know where I shall be staying next time in Khao Lak!

• Stayed April 2014
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Vishal31,

I thank you for giving the occasion to gain constructive feedback about your stay at our Resort. We regret to hear that your experiences here were far from satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would like to assure you that the Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort is committed to upholding Le Meridien 5 - star standards. Obvioulsy we failed in your case.

Certainly, I have taken note of all the issues and would like to advise that corrective measures are being put in place. English classes have been implemented, re-training in Housekeeping has commenced with the arrival of our new Executive Housekeeper, the repairing of the pools has meanwhile been completed and the face-lift of our rooms starts in May 2014.

I hope this experience will not deter you from returning, allowing us the privilege of offering you the kind of service and facilities expected of a 5-Star Resort during your next stay.

Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Big hotel with stunning beach view and lovely pools. There are small pool with sand side for baby and small kids and a pool with small water slide. For couple they also have lagoon pool.
Down side: huge pool area but there is only one Towel corner so we need to walk quite long way during the very sunny day just to get the towels and walk back, would be great if the hotel consider more Towel booth. And beach seats were fully occupied during our stay from 8 am - 5 pm.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Chrinthip,

Thank you for your comments - really appreicate your feedback and as a result of your comments we have changed our Towel procedure - when you next come, your towel will be waiting for you on your sun lounger.

Great to hear that otherwise you enjoyed your time with us and I hope that we may welcome you back to Paradise.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We returned to Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort 6 years after getting married on the beach there. While there have been a few changes (e.g. some new villas down the beach, a new resort Elephant named Wandee), it was as beautiful and relaxing as the last time we were here. We brought our 2 young daughters who loved the kids club and spent most of the day either in the pool, on the water slides and lazy river, on the beach or at the kids club.

Couple of highlights:
- Thank you to the F&B team who looked after us (notable mentions to Tak and Paul...always happy to take time for a chat and to make sure that you are being looked after).
- Kids club...Thanks to Cartoon, Cherry, Pancake and Elly...always so great with the kids! Thanks again for looking after Layla.
- Invite for drinks with Management on the beach. Thank you for the invite, even thought I was unwell I still managed to join for a couple of beverages.

Couple of things that could be improved:
- Drinks around the pool...could do with some sort of system where you are offered drinks...we had to go looking for drinks at the bar (which is fine and got us off our chairs for a walk, but sometimes you just want to be lazy and get the drinks brought over)
- Bars on the balcony...in the first room we were in, the bars were big enough for our daughter to get through (i.e. she could have fallen), so we could not leave the balcony door open.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Richard D,

How wonderful to hear that you not only got married on our beautiful, white sandy beach but returned after 6 years with your two wonderful children.

We were really glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and certainly I shall share your comments with Tak, Paul, Cartoon, Cherry, Pancake and Elly.

Thank you for your recommendations - well noted and already in our "to be implemented and creativity box".

We hope that it will not take another 6 years for you to return to Paradise. Thank you again.

Jennifer
Riga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Hotel's location is amazing. The beach is almost white and the water is almost blue.(If you want to see truly white sand and blue water take a trip to Similan islands!). Hotel located ~15km from center of KhaoLak but its not much to do or see in KhaoLak anyway - you can get there by shuttle bus (500THB per person) or taxi(300THB). So if you like nature & quite this is the best place.
Rooms are big and nicely decorated. Sun beds on the beach are available in big numbers however if you prefer to lay down close to the water you have to get up really early.
Hotel's restaurants are expensive but food is very delicious and totally worth the money paid! Breakfast has huge European selection! If you tired of Hotel's restaurants there are several local restaurants on the beach - to the left and to the right from the hotel. There are also local restaurants at the main entrance to the hotel. Local restaurants are cheap and food is OK.

You can buy various tours to different location from the restaurants at the beach or in front of the entrance to the hotel.

the only thing this hotel lacks is service
1) pool area never attended. The phone to call service staff not working...
2) very poor check in service - when we arrived there were no hotel staff to greet us and handle our baggage. Took ages to get checked in.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the upper floor in SPA/ Adult wing
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Artur8o,

Many thanks for your comments on Trip Adviser.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, loved the beach, pool and food but found our service lacking. Of course we shall get this right too with focused training and improving standards at the pool.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, which were well received. I trust that despite the shortfalls experienced we will be able to welcome you back.

Jennifer Buhr

Been to Le Meridien Khao Lak Beach & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!