It is a year since we last stayed here and it was great to see the improvements to the place. The general 'run-down' look has been fixed and the place is looking much better. The beach bar has been extended and a nice covered area made for dining on the beach if it is raining. The rooms are lovely and big - we wanted a second floor one like we had before but they only had a ground floor one available - have to say it was great - mosquitoes are an issue if you sit outside but they are on the upper stories too! Just take lots of mozzi spray or buy it there. Our son stayed in the ground floor pool room and it was just as nice - the only difference was the size of the bathroom and he didn't have a spa bath - to be honest, we never used ours on either trip!
The food / price of food at the restaruant is excellent - very cheap and very nice. The little bar can build up later in the evenings and we had a couple of great evenings with the barmen/guests playing the guitar.
The new suites with personal plunge pools - what a shame they are so public - no privacy what so ever - you have to walk past them every time you go to the beach and can vrtually see into their toilets! They need to plant some hedge/screen around them.
The beach here is lovely and the hotel is right on the beach and there is nothing either side of the hotel - lovely and private and uncrowded. When you want a bit of action, you head into Khao Lak - a ten minute trip. The hotel has taxis going regularly so it is very easy to get in and out. Just five mins down the beach are lots of fabulous massage places and little restaurants - we tried ALL the massage places and they are all excellent and beautifully positioned right on the beach. Be sure to check out Mamas Greetings at the very end - great food, ambience, washing and all sorts of other things. Her business has grown too - great to see.
If you want hustle and bustle and busy beaches..... dont go here - if you want peace and quiet and tranquility - this is the place for you.
Its probably not the best place for kids - not really kids clubs and only a smallish pool - however, that is what makes it attractive to us, we like to go a fairly kiddy free resort.
I meant to give some suggestions when we left but didnt - perhaps they will be picked up here or someone else can make them:
- Breakfast has improved but still very average - mostly, the presentation is very poor - not much thought into displaying it nicely. The pancakes need to be kept warm and out of the flies reach! The other sweet pasteries and donuts etc need to be displayed better and perhaps kept in with the bread. What is with not having cheese available for the omlettes? Surely it cant cost that much to have a bit of grated cheese?? Do NOT cut the fruit with the same knife and board as the onions! Nothing worse than onion flavoured watermelon!
- There was no information book in the room and when we asked for one they said they dont have one. It is very important to have all the info about the hotel and its services and other local interests available for people to read.
- Instead of the two barmen sitting in the bar all day waiting for people to order, I think that if they walked around and offered people on the sunbeds drinks, they would get a lot more business. People are inherently lazy, especially when on holiday :)
- The massage area - it smells of rubbish and has flies - someone needs to sort it out as it is a great spot otherwise and a good massage for a very good price.
-Reception - needs a wake up - they are all half asleep and not awfully keen to jump to assist. The manager, Mr Ting, however, was great and would bend over backwards to help.
Otherwise, it is a great place to stay for the price - love it!!!
- Also Known As:
- The Andamania Beach Hotel Khao Lak
- The Andamania Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Andamania Khaolak, an elegant boutique beach resort by the Andaman Sea. Just one hour from Phuket International Airport, 51 guest residences nestle cozily under the canopy of coconut groves, surrounded by rich tropical rain forest and magnificent mountain landscape. Private access leads directly to an expensive sandy beach and the crystal clear waters of the serene Khuk Khak Bay, providing year-round exciting recreations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your The Andamania Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.