“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of It Started in Africa - Private Day Tours

It Started in Africa - Private Day Tours
Office1: Sanawari Juu Street at Kisiri., P.O. Box 1526-Arusha Tanzania | Office2: New Safari Hotel Office Building. Boma Road, Arusha, Tanzania, Arusha 6090, Tanzania
+255 714 904 558
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It Started in Africa was a project dreamed by the minds and hearts of a Tanzanian and a Portuguese. The premises for this project were that everyone must be able to experience the most incredible places in the world and that, regardless of a safari being a luxurious or budget one, the price must be fair. What we promiss: Flexibility and all our dedication in every safari, cheerful and experienced guides, instructed cooks who deliver the best food, instant customer support, high-end binoculars and top equipment. We believe the local communities should be able to benefit from the increasing tourism. Our safaris usually include cultural programs that allow the travelers to visit local Maasai villages (authentic places, not touristic shows), which enables them to get a much more rewarding and richer safari experience while, at the same time, supporting the local community. We also make sure that our guides (which, we believe, are the most important asset in any safari) are paid above what most companies pay. Our guides are our stars and the ones who can transform a great safari in a life changing experience. It Started in Africa offers day tours to Ngorongoro Crater that can start on any day of the year, with or without advanced booking.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015

Excellent tour operator. All was handled smoothly and the service was exquisite and special, from the office staff to th

Visited January 2015

“Why you should go with It Started in Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2015

Impecable service and support in the planning of your safari. We had an issue during the 4th day of the safari which, though I prefer not to share the reasons, made us consider cancelling the safari. I texted Baraja in the head office and was surprised by their response. When we arrived in the camp that night, an entire new action plan was organized and the issue was solved completelty beyond my wildest expectations.
I wouldn’t choose another company because I know it is a local company and the direction, staff and team are there for you, in case of something wrong happens, they will react immeadiately and fix any problem you might have. And that’s what you want from a tour operator.

Visited August 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“perfect - support this company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015

I can't imagine this trip going any better.
I booked flights, safari and Zanzibar accommodation all separately.
My contact with 'It Started in Africa' was tentative at first, as from the UK there is an element of 'taking a punt' on a safari company. (there are so many to choose from)
All my questions were answered swiftly and accurately.
They offered me free airport pick up/drop off from Arusha, and offered basic accommodation in the town before and after safari.
We did a 6 day camping safari - travelling to Tarangire, Manyara, Ngorogoro, seregetti.
The trip exceeded all expectations - our guide 'Dixon' was fantastic.
This really was a perfect trip, and I can't imagine another company doing it better....
FULLY RECOMMENDED.

Visited April 2015
“Fly-in Safari in Lemala Camps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2015

I did a fly in safari with it started in africa. They did not provide their services as it was a fly in safari, so lemala camps were handling everything. But regarding the it started in africa team and customer support, everything was brilliant, smooth and fast. Definitely recommended

Visited February 2015
Tel Aviv, Israel
“great ngorongoro visit with eresto from It started in Africa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015

the only information i had when chosing safary tour operator was what i read in tripadvisor
and safarybooking. I'm so happy chosing It started in Africa. everything was according to plans and more. it was short but so great. hope to come back for longer safari with you and
Eresto our driver and guide

Visited April 2015