“Impressive migration, animals and their baby boomer” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Easy Travel & Tours is a family owned boutique safari company specializing in nature and cultural safaris around East Africa. Started operations in 1987 and earned a reputation for excellent customer service. Our core values are what we stand for being passion for service, doing the right way,improving people’s lives and unique adventure and experiences. Our success and rapid growth is due to our people’s dedication. We love what we do and our team strives for excellent service.
Weesp, The Netherlands
“Impressive migration, animals and their baby boomer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

In February 2014 we made a trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar. We visited Serengeti, Ndutu and Ngorongoro. Everything was well organized by Matoke tours and Easy Travel. We had a great time thanks to our guide Cornel. He is an excellent driver, very friendly and attentive. He saw everything we saw not and gave us a lot of information. Not only about nature and the wildlife, but also about culture and the way of living in Tanzania. Thanks to him we saw the great migration and especially all the young animals were unforgettable. We can highly recommend him when planning a trip to Tanzania.

Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
“Amazing Safari - Best Tour Company in Tanzania !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

After climbing Kilimanjaro, I had arranged a Safari tour with Easy Travel to visit the following :

- Lake Manyara National Park
- Serengetti (central and south) National Park, including Ndutu
- Ngorongoro Crater
I am envious of Tanzania’s natural beauty, the measures it has taken to preserve its resources, and its kind, generous people.
Before leaving Ottawa I had obtained quotes from 5 safari outfitters, proposing an itinerary and mentioning that I was open to suggestions. I indicated that I wanted to focus on the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, and stay in both lodges as well as tent camps. The outfitters were all responsive, but none more so than Caudence at Easy Travel who was a true delight to work with. She was prompt, insightful and a wealth of information. Based on the excellent reviews I read on Trip Advisor, my pleasant interactions with Caudence, and a number of Trip Advisor reviews which specifically sang the praises of one of its drivers, Emanuel, I chose to hire Easy Travel. Caudence was kind enough to oblige my request and arrange for Emanuel to be available.
Emanuel has an astonishing recollection of facts and figures relating to wildlife, plans, culture and history. He graduated from a rigorous college program involving two years of training. As we spotted each animal he would mention its gestation period, longevity, predators, prey, whether it was nocturnal or diurnal, herbivorous or carnivorous, and unusual facts concerning its habits. Now I do not know any other wildlife guides in Tanzania, but I would venture that Emanuel must be among the best in the entire country, in that there was no room for improvement. He had an uncanny knack for always being at the right place at the right time, unobtrusively moving in on the wildlife without interfering with their activities, while other drivers sometimes followed the wildlife, almost tracking them from too near a distance. Emanuel became a very close friend, in a very professional way. He is the father of two young children, spoke English and Swahili fluently, and was respectful, and always in very good humour. It was soon evident that he is on very good terms with many other drivers and was always ready to help out or stop and make enquiries if other drivers ran into mechanical problems.
The jeep was in terrific shape and Emanuel always ensured that it was clean and in top form. I shot pictures both from the front seat sitting down and standing up as well as from the back seat with the canopy raised. Even over rough terrain the jeep powered through with a minimum of shaking, always dependable and very safe.
I was impressed with Emanuel’s ability to find the right trail to and from the different lodges and tent camps I stayed at. One early evening we stayed at Chaka Camp which is somewhat remotely located in the Serengeti and despite the dusk he was able to find our way there with the utmost confidence.

The safari was amazing and still plays like a movie in my head. We saw the wildebeest migration, 3 black rhinos, countless elephants, giraffes, gazelles, impalas, a leopard, cheetah (including a cheetah which jumped up on the hood of our jeep !), hippos, jackals, hyenas and many, many more mammals and birds. The richness of Tanzania is astonishing.
My only regret is not having had more time to extend the safari. I intend to go back and retrace my steps as well as visit other areas in Tanzania which Emanuel was good enough to describe for me.
We visited a cultural center and an authentic Masai boma, neither one of which was touristy. I watched to see how banana brew is fermented, and enjoyed a delicious meal prepared by one of the local families. I spent some time in a Masai village visiting their homes, asking questions about their way of life, lighting a fire, and being welcomed in a traditional way.

In all my travels to various countries of the world, Emmanuel ranks as the best tour guide I have ever had, in line with other reviews I have read. He is extremely knowledgeable, interested, courteous and friendly. I have recommended Easy Travel and Emanuel specifically to all of my friends, family and neighbours.

Renato Pontello,
Ottawa, Canada

Visited March 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater with Easy Travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

If your looking for a Safari company in Arusha then look no further....

In February, I went on a 6 day private camping tour of Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater with Easy Travel. Easy Travel was easy to book, well organised and had excellent equipment.

The Land Cruiser used for our safari was well-maintained (one of the best vehicles we saw!). Equipment was the most important factor in choosing which operator to book - because I had friends break-down on their safari and that really detracted from them enjoying the trip.

I also highly recommend Easy Travel because they have excellent staff.

Our guide was Fredy and our chef was Mandela.

Fredy has been a tour guide for a long time and he managed to put us in the middle of the action everyday. Fredy's knowledge of every animal is extensive and seeing so many animals up close was unforgettable. Fredy also tailored our Safari to focus on the animals I wanted to see (for instance we spent a lot more time looking at Elephants at my request). He is also a very safe driver.

Because we were camping our trip also included a private chef. I think Mandela could be Tanzania's #1 chef. All of our meals were truly fantastic and gourmet.... Its hard to choose a favourite. But Mandela's lasagna was the best I ever had! I also really appreciated all the fresh salads. Sometimes it was hard to remember that we were staying in a remote national park. I felt like a guest judge on Masterchef trying to guess the secret ingredient....

Freddie and Mandela (aka "Mr Delicious") both speak excellent English and are very easygoing. You couldn't get a friendlier team.

Visited February 2014
Ibiza, Spain
“Just perfect!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 8 days, hotels, car, route and especially our guide Endeni! Everything was just perfect!!!! I highly recommended!

Visited January 2014
Oslo, Norway
“Astonishing safari to Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Safari tour in Tanzania is a beautiful experience. Me and my wife went on a safari tour to northern Tanzania at our anniversary. Our tour started in Tarangire. Where we were lucky enough to get pictures of a Leopard jumping down from a tree, close up pictures of elephants and giraffes. On our second day we went to Serengeti and again our luck was smiling on us. We saw a whole pack of lions lying and resting on a rock formation. Seeing the animals up close was, to put it simply, fantastic.

Our guide Deo is very professional and has an impressive eyesight. He can notice an animal hiding a kilometer away while driving. Our accommodations have also been top notch. We are very satisfied with our tour, thank you Easy Travel!

Visited March 2014