“Pleasant stay in Arusha” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zawadi House

You added Zawadi House to your Saves list
Zawadi House
4.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Kundayo Road | Phillips Area, Arusha 1648, Tanzania   |
Ranked #9 of 62 Arusha B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasant stay in Arusha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at Zawadi House on several dates in June, July, and August this summer as I was traveling in the area and used Arusha as my base.

I found the Zawadi House to be very pleasant with a helpful, friendly staff. Free wifi, a small bar, air conditioning, and a small restaurant on site that was a good option. My room rate was competitive for Arusha. The location a little out of Arusha town meant quiet nights. The walk into the city is fairly straight forward if that is something you'd like to do. The manager,Dorotea helped arrange transport when I needed and provided free and secure parking to a visiting friend. Email communication was straightforward and responded to quickly.

There were not many other guests during my stay, so I can't speak to how they operate with a full house, but they seemed well staffed to handle such situations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This July I traveled to Tanzania via South Africa to attend a funeral of a loved one in Machame. After the hectic travel schedule, time difference...I needed a place that I can fully relax and rejuvenate before my return to the USA. A friend recommended Zawadi House. Not only was I surprised by this hidden jewel, it was a breath of fresh air!!! The place is absolutely amazing...a boutique hotel that is breathtaking competing with any world class accommodation. I am happy to know that such is available in Arusha! The staff was gracious, friendly and attended to all my requests making my stay memorable and relaxing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Zawadi House is like "Heaven on Earth" right in Arusha. It is secluded and quiet, punctuated with luxury under the banana canopy of Arusha. Perfect for soulmates to reflect back and ponder what next life has to offer. Couldn't think of a better place. The staff members are professional, courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: Zawadi House is like "Heaven on Earth" in Arusha. It is secluded and quiet, with a punctua...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chennai, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In February 2013, I travelled to Serengeti with 6 other guests. I had taken them for a wild life safari (some photographers). On our return from an exciting 8 night safari, I had booked Zawadi house in Arusha for a night.
Wonderful reception, excellent food, well appointed rooms, free wi-fi - truly 5 * hospitality.
I will strongly recommend this place to all those who are looking for an accommodation in Arusha after a safari or a climb to Kilimanjaro!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is like a little oasis. Beautifully appointed rooms; safe, secure and beautifully tended grounds; excellent friendly and professional service; and wonderful food. The staff were incredibly welcoming and it was a real treat to be greeted so warmly when we came back first from our safari and then after having climbed Kilimanjaro. Even the most discerning travellers will find the Zawadi House a wonderful and satisfying place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Umea, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed here with my family and had a lovely time. Its a beautiful hotel and the people who work here are very service minded and friendly. The food was great, when we asked we got to try some real Tanzanian food like Ugali with vegetables and green bananas wich was fantastic.
I highly recommend Zawadi house to everyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very clean boutique hotel. Quiet location. Very attentive and friendly staff. When we arrived, we were assigned rooms. As the evening progressed, it rained and the staff reassigned one of our rooms located outside the covered hallway to a room within the covered hallway so that my family member would not get wet. We appreciated their thoughtfulness in this action. Modern, luxurious bathrooms with hot water, bathrobes and toiletries. Rooms had very comfortable beds, airconditioner/heat, cable TV, safe deposit, coffeemaker and WIFI. The food was delicious and the cook was very accomodating when we made a request to try Tanzanian food. My family enjoyed our stay here and we would definitely return to Zawadi House. (Aug. 2012)

Room Tip: Ask for room within covered hallway in case of rain.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Zawadi House? Share your experiences!