“Personal Safari experience” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 90 Activities in Arusha
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: BRIGHT AFRICAN SAFARIS. We are local Tanzanian Tour Operator selling tailor made safaris within east African countries - Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. We offer the following Services:- Budget camping Safaris, Standard lodge/tented camps safaris, Cultural Tours, Canoeing, walking safaris, Beach holiday, Hot air balloon Safaris, Camel Ride, Cycling/Biking safaris and Kilimanjaro Trek. We are well experienced and cooperate to our guests to arrange their holiday. We are patient and attentive to all your requests. We concentrate on every individual requests and work closer with you to finalize your program. Our range of services is wide, from budget to luxury. "Let Bright African Safaris rhythms make your Africa vacation dreams come true"..
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
London, United Kingdom
“Personal Safari experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic 5-day Safari with Bright African Safaris in October. This company really lived up to its reviews. We chose them based on a recommendation from friend.

As a local tour operator, they offered professional and personalized service. Msangi was flexible and quick to respond to our queries. Ultimately we ended up with a great mid-range tour for just the two of us. To reduce the amount of money we had to carry, we paid everything in advance and there were no issues.

From the moment we arrived to when we left, we were taken care of and didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guide was knowledgeable and had hawk eyes, which meant we got to see pretty much all the animals. He was also shared the history and culture of the area which is much better than reading from books.

We stayed in lodges overnight. This was a unique experience. Moramboi and Kati Kati tented camps were beautiful, and gave you a real sense of being close to nature as animals are free to roam where they wish. Food was very nice, but boxed lunches (which are provided by the lodges) are quite standard - but this is the same across pretty much all lodges/safari companies.

We are really pleased with our choice to go with Bright African Safaris. The were completely professional and offered us the personal service we were looking for. We would go with them again without hesitation.

Visited October 2014

Binghamton, New York
“Most memorable trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Northern Tanzania with its varying landscapes and abundant wildlife is a place to be seen. It was a 8 day trip at the end of May 2014. The cost (for 7 of us) was very reasonable. I have it on good authority (from my friends who were instrumental in organizing this trip) that Mr. Msangi Charema was very accomodating to outlining an itinerary and prompt in responding. In fact, we had seen Lake Natron, a wonder of nature, which very few people see and very few travel companies agree to go to. The arrangements were quite impressive and our journey would not have been so successful had we not got a great guide in Osman. He was patient in answering our questions on all sorts of birds throughout this trip.

If you are planning to go to Tanzania, call Msangi and insist on Osman as your guide. You will be thankful!

Visited May 2014
“We are so thankful we found Bright African Safaris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

There were so many choices for safaris tour operators but we ended up choosing Bright African Safaris because of their promptness to answering all of our questions with details. The cost of for 2 of us for a 7 days private safari tour in September 2014 was very reasonable! We were impressed with them the moment we landed at the airport. Msangi met us at the airport, apologized for not being able to accomodate us at the hotel he promised initially and told us that he had to put us else where. We were happy with that lodging as well as all other lodging accomodations he chose for us. We had Othuman as our guide and he was wonderful as well. We saw so many animals on our trip. There are so many "Oh WOW!!" moments -- ex: being able to see lions, elephants, giraffes, buffalos and leopard up close (less than 5 feet away!!) The only thing we did not see was a rhino but no one else saw one either during the time we went. =) The only thing I wish we did was to add "cultural" part to our tour, so we can taste some of the real Tanzanian foods, instead of Western foods at the lodges. Overall, VERY satisfied with Msangi and his staff!

Tennessee
“Very happy with Bright African Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

When I contacted a few safari companies to arrange a six-day tour of Tanzania’s northern parks in September 2014, Mr. Msangi Charema at Bright African Safaris stood out for his prompt, friendly, and upbeat response. I chose to book my trip through him, and I am happy I did. From our first email to my last day when Msangi himself drove me to the airport (he also met me upon my arrival), it was a pleasure to work with him. With limited knowledge and research, I proposed a preliminary itinerary which Msangi was happy to fulfill, but he was quick to suggest alternatives he believed would improve my experience. I am so glad that he did, because it was his advice that really made the trip special. He insisted that I see the Serengeti when I at one point considered missing it due to distances and my limited time. The Serengeti turned out to be the crown jewel of the trip, and knowing what I know now, I would not have missed it for anything. This year, the rains - and animals - remained concentrated around my central Serengeti camp, making for an incredible wildlife spectacle. In early negotiations when I suggested a change to smaller, more unique accommodations, Msangi provided a range of interesting options, and the lodges and camps I chose were all wonderful experiences. My guide Masatu was also a joy to be with. He is a happy, gregarious man with many friends in Arusha and the guide community, and is a courteous, friendly, and fun companion. Thank you Masatu and Msangi!

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
“Trip of a Lifetime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

In September 2014, my husband and I went on a private 5 day wildlife safari in Tanzania with Bright African Safaris. We were very pleased with the accommodations, national parks visited, and most importantly, our excellent guide and driver, Juma. He made every effort to show us his beautiful country and the awesome wildlife that call it home. We saw 4 of the "big 5" on our very first day of the safari! By the end of our journey, Juma found the elusive rhino through much patience and what we believe to have been his sixth sense. He was wonderful; very knowledgeable and friendly. On a side note, we mentioned that we were interested in the local nomadic tribe, the Maasai. So, on our last day with Juma, he stopped by one of the villages for us to visit. It was such a memorable experience to have this opportunity to meet the people who call the Tanzanian wilderness home, as well. They welcomed us with ceremonial dance and song, and were pleased to show us around. It was truly a trip of a lifetime for us! Thank you Bright African Safaris!