“" Fantastic safari and cultural experience!"” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 89 Activities in Arusha
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: BRIGHT AFRICAN SAFARIS. We are local Tanzanian Tour Operator selling tailor made safaris within east African countries - Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. We offer the following Services:- Budget camping Safaris, Standard lodge/tented camps safaris, Cultural Tours, Canoeing, walking safaris, Beach holiday, Hot air balloon Safaris, Camel Ride, Cycling/Biking safaris and Kilimanjaro Trek. We are well experienced and cooperate to our guests to arrange their holiday. We are patient and attentive to all your requests. We concentrate on every individual requests and work closer with you to finalize your program. Our range of services is wide, from budget to luxury. "Let Bright African Safaris rhythms make your Africa vacation dreams come true"..
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“" Fantastic safari and cultural experience!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

In June 2011, I went on a 3 week safari with BAS with my husband and 21 year old daughter. We visited 4 National Parks and traveled to various regions of Tanzania to visit 9 deaf schools. Wilson was our guide and was a phenomenal resource in terms of knowing everything about the wildlife and their habitat. He knows everything there is to know about the birds of Tanzania and can spot them a mile away! We saw the "big 5" at very close range. Recently in May and June 2012, I returned to Tanzania for a 6 week trip with BAS and the itinerary was even more complicated because of my "special requests" to visit more deaf schools, families living in remote villages with deaf children, to travel to Dodoma and Loliondo...and to see Mikume National Park, which I had not seen yet. While in Mikume, we saw a herd of Thomson's Gazelles that must have 1,000 animals in it. Truly breathtaking! Msangi, the owner of BAS made both trips very stress free, especially with the complicated itinerary and coordinating everything. He responded to emails quickly and I was very comfortable wiring money before we arrived Msangi's vision and philosophy for Bright African Safaris is that honesty, genuinely caring about guests and trying to ensure each person has a fantastic time, is what makes traveling with BAS an incredible experience. When it's time to leave, it feels like you are leaving family. I will be going back in August 2013. Tanzania is amazing!

Visited June 2012

Oñati
“The perfect agency to book a safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My experience in Tanzania with this agency was fantastic! Msangi arranged the perfect tour for us, all the accommodations (high quality) he chose for us and also the itinerary were great. The tour was very well organised in time and everything and Msangi had some nice details with us. The guides were really proffessional and shared all their knowledge about nature with us. Evans, Paul and Amir were perfect guides. Amir was a very good safari guide because he knew so much about wildlife, it was obvious that he loved nature... He explained to us all the details related to animals life in Serengeti and Gorongoro Parks, for the third day we had seen the 5 big animals and he took care of us as we were his gazelles!!!... Bright African Safaris is the perfect agency for your safary.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Great locally run safari company!!!! Amazing safari experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I had a 5-day 4-night safari through Bright African Safaris and highly recommend using Bright African Safaris to anyone looking to enjoy a safari in Tanzania (or whereever else they operate). From the first day I emailed, the owner Msangi was very helpful in organizing a safari based on our needs. Not only did he make it easy to organize, our safari experience was absolutely AMAZING! Couldn't have had a greater experience. Everything was organised superbly, although they were flexible to our needs.

Our guide Saleem was spectacular. Extremely friendly and knowledgable. We learnt so much about the animals, Tanzania and the flora while with Saleem. I can't believe how he could spot all the animals he did while driving. We were often the first, or within the first few trucks, to amazing wildlife action.

They organise safaris for different budgets, and we did the budget camping safari, and despite not being experienced campers found the tents and matresses comfortable, and even in the cold air of the Ngorongoro crater ridge were warm all night in our sleeping bags provided by BAS. Our cook Ragheb also kept us well fed w tasty food!

As well, I know it can be nerve-racking paying in advance (we paid all money through a bank transfer before going to Tanzania to avoid bringing the cash) for what is to most people a very expensive trip not knowing the outcome, but w BAS don't worry about it, there was no funny business.

(this is my first tripadvisor post, but I am in no way connected to BAS. I have seen other people concerned about first time posters giving BAS 5 star reviews, but they are just that good of a company, that they inspire people like myself that are users and not posters to post and help a great small local business find more customers)

Visited July 2012