“Serengeti safari with Warror Trails” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 90 Activities in Arusha
More attraction details
Owner description: Karibu!... Welcome! to East Africa and the beautiful, friendly country of Tanzania. With years of experience, planning, and guiding customized, private safaris throughout Tanzania, we at Warrior Trails are dedicated to enriching the travel experiences of our valued guests. Beloved by clients and respected by peers, we are known around the world as the safari company that creates unforgettable safaris and lifelong memories. Whether it is witnessing the greatest wildlife migration on earth, visiting a Maasai boma, or visiting the best kept secret in the Indian Ocean, we look forward to helping you create a memorable itinerary based on our intimate knowledge of Tanzania's treasures. "Safari" is a Kiswahili word meaning journey. Over the last hundred years or more, "safari" has come to mean a journey to discover the fantastic wildlife, cultures, and scenery of East Africa. Your safari with Warrior Trails is a personal journey - a discovery trail of new places, people, and experiences to be treasured for a lifetime. We hope our website will inspire you to travel with us in one of Africa's premier travel destinations for a truly unique, and highly customized safari adventure.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Serengeti safari with Warror Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I organized our first safari ever with a group of 6 friends with Warrior Trails and everyone on the tour loved it. A couple of things really stood out. In the months before the tour we asked a thousand questions (ok, maybe that's a slight exaggeration) since we had never been to Africa before. Every question was answered promptly and thoroughly. I can't recall ever having had such great customer service. And the other highlight of our tour was our guide Jackson. He did an awesome job of getting us going every day and tracking down the animals and birds we wanted to see. In addition to answering our wildlife questions he did a great job of explaining the social and political situation in Tanzania and giving us a context to the trip.

We were very glad we went on safari with a smaller company where we weren't driving around in a convoy and we were thrilled with the quality of service that Warrior Trails provided.

Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“On safari with Warrior Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently led a group of 6 on a 2-week tour of parks in northern Tanzania. Though I developed the itinerary, all of the remaining details were planned, and the entire trip implemented, with the help of Warrior Trails. All of this involved a lot of interaction with Warrior Trails, in the course of which I was very positively impressed with their entire operation. Some of the dimensions that stand out include:

Respect: I sent my itinerary to about 12 tour operators. Some simply didn't take it seriously, claiming that they could execute it but then describing a completely different plan instead. In contrast, Warrior Trails proposed a trip that clearly was based on my itinerary. Even better, they went beyond the minimum to identify possible weaknesses in my plan and propose possible corrective actions.

Flexibility: In my experience, many tour operators simply assume that you want 5-star accommodations throughout. In contrast, Warrior Trails, I think as a matter of routine, provides 3 versions of each itinerary: one camping, one moderately priced, and one high end. This provides an element of choice that requires more work of them but that can be very useful to any traveler with any interest at all in controlling costs.

Follow-through: I consider myself to be pretty well organized and a pretty good planner. But the planning of this trip still required the exchange of roughly 100 e-messages between myself and Warrior Trails. Throughout, the responses of my Warrior Trails contact were prompt, courteous and effective. By the end of the process, I thought of him as a good friend as well as a travel professional.

Execution: The bottom line, of course, is how a trip goes. Ours went great. There were no problems worth mentioning and we enjoyed many great sightings, some quite unusual. Perhaps we were, as I frequently said, extremely lucky. But our success almost certainly says more about the quality of our guide and the other folks at Warrior Trails than it does about luck. I expected a lot of this trip and came away from it with even more than I expected.

BB
“Trip of a lifetime #3!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our third safari with Warrior Trails was as memorable as our previous two, and we are pleased to add to the extremely positive reviews for this company.

As with most people, we travel to Tanzania to experience the stunning vistas, amazing wildlife and gracious cultures. Throughout the539965384 safari planning process, Warrior Trails demonstrated their knowledge, flexibility and patience while helping us create a wonderful itinerary.

As well as visits to some of our favorite places like the Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti, Tarangire National Park and West Kilimanjaro, we also added trips to Mkomazi National Park and Pangani on the Swahili coast. But perhaps our most memorable time spent on safari this time was our overnight in a Maasai boma where we were welcomed by the village people, and took part in some of their traditional activities. As has been reported by others, this was not a “tourist” or “roadside” boma, but an authentic Maasai village located in the beautiful Manyara/Tarangire wildlife corridor. What better way to expand and enrich our lives than by being immersed in this unique culture. We highly recommend this experience for anyone planning a safari to Tanzania.

Our wonderful, friendly, fun-loving guides were Jackson and Nicholas. We cannot applaud the professional and personal qualities of these Warrior Trails guides enough. We truly do not think they could have provided us with a better safari experience than they did. Such memories!

Thanks to Warrior Trails for another amazing, unforgettable safari experience. We’ll be back!

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Safari from Arusha Tanzania with Warrior Trails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have just returned to Canada after a 14 day Safari arranged by Warrior Trails, and guided by their most experienced guide, Jackson. The trip was perfect in every way. (I have some experience in this because I have organized and led many trips, both independently and for the University of Toronto, to rainforests in Central and South America and to the Galapagos. Everyone else in our group had been to Africa before, some many times, and all agreed that Warrior Trails was excellent.) All of the arrangements went as planned and we had some unusual and wonderful experiences in respect of the situations and animals we encountered.

While in Tanzania, and speaking with other travellers, I learned that some tour operators restrict the mileage of their drivers in order to save money, but this was not true with Warrior Trails. When we saw interesting animals in the distance, or for other reasons, we were able to ask Jackson to head in that direction or to take a different route. This turned out to be an enormous advantage because of the spontaneity it permitted and the sightings it enabled. As well, I am told that other tour operators oblige their driver/guides to adhere to a rigid timetable, and this can often preclude interesting sightings or experiences. Such was not the case with Warrior Trails. We arose when we chose, left camp when we chose, took with us a boxed lunch when we thought it would be a good idea, etc. Thus, we were able to linger at a site when we wanted to or to move on earlier than expected if need be.

Jackson was one of the great bonuses we had. We had asked in advance to have Warrior Trails’ most experienced and knowledgeable guide, and were justly rewarded. He was a fountain of information about animal identity and behaviour, ecology of the region, cultures of the local peoples, and the city of Arusha itself. All six of us in our group agreed that he was the core of the wonderful experience we shared. (I would suggest that whichever tour operator you select, you insist on the most experienced and knowledgeable guide/driver.) Furthermore, Jackson had superb social skills and was amenable to almost all suggestions we made. When he did not concur, he gave us compelling reasons why he’s make a different decision, and (as far as we could tell) he was always right.

Warrior Trails was also helpful when providing quotes for the itinerary we chose and followed; they provided three different quotes for three levels of ‘comfort’, from low end to high end. That way, we were able to decide in advance what value to put on various accommodations, etc.

I am already planning a return trip to Tanzania, to visit areas in the south of the country, and will again travel with Warrior Trails (and Jackson).

London, England, United Kingdom
“11 days northern circuit safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Warrior Trails is an excellent and dynamic low budget safari company with a very personal and caring attitude towards their costumers. We had a really enjoyable time with our very knowledgable and experienced guide Nicholaus traveling to Tarangire, Ngorongoro, Ndutu and Manyara. His patience and understanding of the game was superb and contributed hugely to some memorable and unforgettable sightings. He was also very flexible and understanding of our particular interests - big cats!
We can wholeheartedly recommend this fairly new tour company, they offer a very personal, sympathetic and accommodating first class service to their clients!