“A welcome addition to Arusha Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snow Crest Hotel

Snow Crest Hotel
You added Snow Crest Hotel to your Saves list
Snow Crest Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arusha - Moshi Rd | Kwangulelo Area, Arusha 341, Tanzania   |
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Arusha
Nairobi, Kenya
“A welcome addition to Arusha Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

As a journalist and constant traveller, I had the opportunity to visit Snow Crest Hotel and, overall, was impressed by what I saw. The staff was friendly right from the gate to the reception, the management was warm and cordial, giving me the type of attention one of our kind rarely gets. I was impressed by the decor, ambience and setting of the Hotel, its sumptous rooms and service but above all the feeling of peace and relaxation that I had there. Too bad I cannot post photos right now but will do so at the earliest possible time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Köln
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We only stayed one night at the Snow Crest Hotel before departing on a one week safari. We had booked a package deal so we can't comment on the appropriateness of the rates. It's a pretty large complex but apparently we were two of very few guests. The rooms are large and clean but are not particularly cozy. The bathrooms are clean with plenty of hot water. We had some drinks and snacks at the bar, the latter of which were terrible. So was the breakfast. There is nothing around the hotel, so it's a typical gateway to the Serengeti / Ngorongoro.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We had a one night at this hotel during our safari. Service was outstanding, staff very helpful.
Bed was sumptuous.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reading, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Prior to our arrival we had plenty of communication with the hotel and were happy to be greeted by the house manager.

We stayed here overnight prior to a safari, and really it was perfect for that. We would liken the hotel to a 'premier inn'.

Clean, bright and airy rooms with generous sizes, both bedroom and bathroom.

Whilst not a luxury hotel, i would consider this to perform at the top end of its 3 star grade.

We had 2 concerns, one of which was the inconsistant pricing for drinks (plus short changed me, which I challenged and was rectified).

The other more frustrating concern was ordering our evening meal. We placed our order for 2 fairly simple items straight for the menu. After 30 mins we were asked to confirm our order again. A further 30 minutes passed and our food arrived.
I received 'my' pizza, but with completely different toppings, and my partners Fish, rice and veg, turned out to be fish and fries, with no veg at all.
Having waited an hour we daren't send it back, so ate it anyway and it was okay, but we let the head waiter know of our concern... We still ended up paying for our original meals though!

Overall, served its purpose for us very well, our experiences may have been a one off? But this wouldn't put us off from returning.

• Stayed March 2011
Pune, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed at Snow Crest in Arusha at the start and end of our weeklong wildlife safari in Tanzania. It is a very convenient location, a little away from town centre and therefore very quiet and serene.

The property is well laid out - lots of stairs to climb to get anywhere - and the service is generally of acceptable quality. The rooms have basic amenities and are spacious. Aircon works fine but one does'nt need it so much as the location is quite cool. There is adequate privacy but no great views (the hotel is right on the main road to Kilimanjaro). The rooms are kept clean and housekeeping is quite prompt.

There is a bar and restaurant with a pool nearby. The service can take some time and though we ordered local fare (Ugali) it was not up to the mark as we discovered elsewhere later. The breakfast is just about aceptable. There is almost nothing else to do at the hotel so the best way to while time is a trip to Arusha town which is quaint and quiet.

While we were there one busload of tourists came in for a couple of hours, had lunch and then departed. Snow Crest seems therefore best suited as a transit hotel. For its price it is very affordable in an otherwise expensive country.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Me and my partner after a long discussion booked this hotel for our holidays , on entering we were welcomed juice & hot towel which was soothing. the rooms were excellent with all amenities , staffs were friendly. The food was good. On the whole the hotel exceeded our expectations. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Bettystown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

After much research I decided to book the Snow Crest Hotel for my first 2 nights in Tanzania. I was not disappointed and from the moment I entered the hotel knew I had made the right choice. The hotel looks great, is very modern, extremely clean, welcoming, bright, airy, spacious and has character. The staff were always on hand to be of assistance and were so oblidging especially the Manager, Jayapradeep who made sure all my needs were met & exceeded.
The rooms are big, clean & comfortable and are away from the main hotel so are extremely peaceful and allow for a great night sleep. The rooms have all the facilities of a 5 star hotel - flat screen tv, safe, fridge, air con, bathrobe & slippers, tea/coffee making facilities and our en suite was constantly re stocked with toiletories.
The food was gorgeous and if you are struggling to decide (as the menu offers so much choice) I can highly recommend the vegetarian curry. Breakfast is great. They also have a lovely Curio shop with really good quality gifts. The pool is a lovely area to relax in after a day in nearby busy and dusty Arusha.
I honestly cannot fault this hotel. I stayed in The Arusha Hotel for New Years Eve (as attending the New Years Eve Ball here) and seeing this hotel made me realise how much I liked Snow Crest Hotel and how it's standard stood out from The Arusha Hotel (dirty and not friendly staff in comparison). Snow Crest Hotel it really felt like a "home away from home" - I was so impressed I re booked for my last 3 nights in Arusha and was very sad to leave. On value for money Snow Crest scores 10/10. Stop thinking about it and go book.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Snow Crest Hotel? Share your experiences!