“good hotel in taoyuan” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monarch Plaza Hotel

You added Monarch Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Monarch Plaza Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.300, Section 1, Chuang Ching Road, Taoyuan City, Taoyuan 330, Taiwan   |
Ranked #15 of 111 Hotels in Taoyuan
Vancouver,B.c.
“good hotel in taoyuan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

We recently stayed in Taoyuan City,near the airport,visiting our daughter who is teaching English there. We stayed at the Monarch Plaza Hotel and it was very clean and the rooms are a generous size.No smoking hotel,also. Most airline crew stay here. The staff were friendly and helpful. They all spoke English. I broke my shoe and the receptionist at the front desk took it to a shoemaker to have it fixed for me. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Grenada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

We did not really know what to expect from this place. There were not a lot of reviews available. As we rode in the taxi from the Taoyuan High Speed Rail station we passed some pretty seedy places and feared the worst. But then the street scene improved and we knew when we pulled up that we'd chosen well. The hotel is beautiful, the staff were very friendly and the rooms were top notch. Across the street there is a nice neighborhood park where locals do morning exercsies. We ate dinner and breakfast in the buffet restaurant and both were excellent.
Staying in Taoyuan was ideal considering that we had morning flights out of the international airport. There may be hotels on or adhjacent to the airport, but this one was close enough - a ten minute cab ride. If I had a couple of days of free time, I'd probably stay right in Taipei, but this will definitely be my hotel whenever I pass through.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Akaroa, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Impressive reception area with pleasant staff who spoke English.
Plenty of staff on the door and ready to assist.
Very comfortable rooms. Clean and air conditioned.
King Beds, TV, on-suite.
Good resturants in hotel, but language difficulties do exist.
Good bars. Nice pool.
The city is the only let down, but it is within 20 minutes taxi ride from the airport and close to Taipei.
The hotel is well used by airline staff.
Yes, we would return if flying in and out of Taipei Airport.
G.M.T. (New Zealand).

Stayed October 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

My husband and I had stayed here when he had meetings in Taoyuan. This is definitely the place to stay if you business in town, but not if you're looking to spend most of your time in Taipei. It would cost around $30 US dollars to get to the city by taxi. With public transportation, it's a 15 minute taxi ride (a few US dollars) to the railway station. It only costs $1 US dollar to get the the main subway/railway station in Taipei. It's a 30 minute train ride.

The hotel is about $100 US dollars a night. The rooms were basic and clean. The breakfast buffet had a good selection, but the food was average. The hotel staff was extremely helpful. I went sight seeing on my own and the person at the service desk told me how to get into the city. He also gave me a very helpful guide (prodcuced by Metro Taipei), which gave detailed information on sites near each metro stop. They also went out of their way to help us get to our hot springs spa on northern coast of Taiwan. The front desk wrote out in Chinese characters information we could give to taxi drivers and called a bus company for us to figure out our route.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in August 2007 when I visited Taiwan for the first time. The hotel was recommended by the company I went to visit because it was very close to their office. It is a nice hotel by any standard: friendly staff, efficient check-in and check-out, clean and comfortable rooms, decent restaurants, etc. It would be a nice choice if you are connecting between flights and want to stay near the airport. However, for anyone who wants to do some sightseeings in Taipei it was too far from the city.

From the airport, the taxi driver told me that this hotel was far from Taipei and might not be convenient for me if I wanted to see Taipei as well. He suggested that he took me to a hotel in Taipei. Without knowing too much about Taiwan and worrying that the driver might be trying to take me to a hotel where he could take commissions, I declined the driver's offer. However after I settled down at the hotel I found the driver was right. It took at least one hour of drive to go to Taipei from Taoyuan and with the taxi fare that I paid, I could have stayed in a more classy hotel like Sheraton in downtown Taipei.

• Liked — Near the airport
  • Disliked — Far from Taipei
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2007

Stayed in the Monarch Plaza at the end October 2007. Had a one night layover in taiwan. I was pleasently suprised by this hotel the minute i got out of the hotel mini bus from the airport (very cheap).

Hotel lobby quite lavish, extremely clean and staff were helpful quick and spoke excellent english. Nice touch of a free welcome drink for the three of us and explained all the facilities and showed us to the room.

Room immaculately clean with a huge bathroom and massive double bed with an extra put up bed. bedroom not huge but certainly manageable with broadband, tele, minibar etc.

Swimming facilities are amazing with seperate massage areas and spas in the pool.

Evening meal - went to buffet resturant and there was a fairly good variety of food but catered more to people who like fish (which i dont) but still some meat choices and huge array of salad and dessert - soup both fish

Overall we wished we had stayed for a couple of days and explored a bit more and would have happily stayed longer in the monarch plaza. Dont expect the area surrounding the hotel to be clean this is asia not the uk but i liked the hustle and bustle of the place.

• Liked — 20mins to Taoyuan airport, its cleanliness and friendliness
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Monarch Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!