“Great place to rest after a long day of travel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fullon Hotel Taoyuan

Save Saved
You added Fullon Hotel Taoyuan to your Saves list
Fullon Hotel Taoyuan
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.200 Section 1, Dasing West Road, Taoyuan City, Taoyuan 330, Taiwan   |
Ranked #12 of 108 Hotels in Taoyuan
“Great place to rest after a long day of travel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after our flight was delayed in Hong Kong and then we were held in a holding pattern before we could land in Taiwan. We were completely exhausted, but the comfortable room and friendly staff saved our lives. (There was also a 24 hour Mcdonalds 50m away.)

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Zeeland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here by mysel for a week in Sept. 2012. I loved this hotel for many reasons, but the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is the number reason I would stay there again! The breakfast every morning was wonderful. Mix of western and Chinese food.

I was on the 10th floor in a corner room, so I had different views out the windows. It did make me laugh that I couldn't go out on the small balcony, but my Taiwanese friends said it was because if someone decides to jump on their own free will, the hotel would be held responsible. Ahh, well I guess that might be a government thing then.

My only complaint is that this is supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, but when I first got to my room, it was obvious the occupant before me smoked in the room. I also could smell smoke, occasionally in the hallway on the way back to my room, because someone else on my floor thought it was OK to smoke in their room. When I complained to the front desk, they apologized and said they would send someone up to tell the neighbor to stop smoking. Another English speaking travel told me that the Chinese travelers often ignore hotels rules in Taiwan, as it's acceptable in China to smoke in hotels. Not sure if this is right, but there were many Chinese guests in the other rooms, so maybe he was right?

If you want Starbucks, you'll have to walk about 6-8 blocks, by the Carafor around the corner. McDonalds is across the street and KFC about 2-3 blocks away. Bus stop is in front of McDonalds so it was easy to get around. Taxis everywhere. Don't miss visiting the beautiful TaiMall. Great mall with plenty to do look at for at least 1/2 day.

Coin laundry on the roof by the pool - they will provide you with detergent. Pool - you must wear swim cap, as most Taiwanese hotels require. The hot springs switches days for men and women, so make sure you check on the schedule if you want to use it, I didn't, so can't review that part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and corner room. They say they're all non-smoking, but you may have to s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I found this hotel on Tripadvisor because like many of the other reviewers I needed to stay for 1 night near the Taoyuan Airport.

The hotel itself is very nice and check in was smooth. The room was clean and comfortable. However, we did not have the most peaceful stay.

We booked our hotel through a travel consolidator. I don't know if this was a discounted room or not, but the hotel website boasts 182 rooms. Unbeknownst to us, we were put on the same floor as an entire wedding party and guests. So, on Sunday a.m. before 8 a.m. we were rudely awoken by people yelling and talking very loudly in the hallways. Then, as is the Asian custom, firecrackers went off nonstop for hours outside the window. Even though our room was on the 11th floor, it sounded like they were being set off right outside our window.

Because this affected our sleep, we asked for a late checkout, but we could only be given an extra hour because they said other guests were checking in.

We were just disappointed because the hotel did not seem like all 182 rooms were booked. If we had known during check-in our entire floor would have been occupied by all the wedding guests, we obviously would have asked for an upgrade, but we did not know at the time.

This could have just been a one time bad experience, but unfortunately we did not enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not staying on the same floor with an entire wedding party and guests!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I reserved this hotel at the first place because i need a place to catch my early flight. On trip advisor, someone recommend it and said it is closed by the TaoYuang international hotel. Honestly, I would not recommend this hotel to the people who needs to go to the airport as it is really far from the airport if compare to many hotels nearby the international airport. The hotel condition consider new but nothing really special nor luxury. I will only rate it 3 star. The shower room door can not be fully closed so when I took the shower, the water just spray to everywhere, caused the bathroom floor totally wet. The towels are hard like a rock. There are only one blanket on bed, no bed sheet, during the night, it is too hot to use the blanket but too cold not to use it. The surrounding area has not a lot to see.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've checked in this hotel around 3pm and the check in process is swift and accurate. They had my reservation all ready and my request for the higher floor quite room was exactly what I got!
The room was clean and comfortable, bedding is upscale down comforter. They even had fresh fruits on the table.
The free breakfast had lot of choice but the wetsern food like ham and bacons just so-so!
The spa and excise room on the top floor is great!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dresden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed for one night and found the hotel decent and modern. The rooms are ok, the breakfast good and the front desk staff very helpful. The location is close to a few bus stops (take 9023 to Jiantan MRT station) which take you to Taipei City and about 10 to 15 minutes taxi ride to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

My family and I stayed here the night we landed, and then night before we departed, Taiwan. The hotel was about a 10 minute taxi ride from the airport, although this may vary depending on the time of day. The hotel staff were warm and welcoming, answered our questions, and helped us quickly settle into our room.

The room itself was somewhat on the small side, although most of the amenities were well-updated and in good shape. The carpet, however, was noticeably worn. We took advantage of the exercise facilities on the top floor. The gym area had some free weights, a couple treadmills, and a recumbent bicycle. The staff on hand was helpful in getting us towels and bottled water.

The breakfast buffet was great and had a wide assortment of food ranging from fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, and sausage, to more traditional Taiwanese breakfast items like congee.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fullon Hotel Taoyuan? Share your experiences!