“Okay stopover before a flight” 3 of 5 stars
Review of City Suites Gateway

Save Saved
You added City Suites Gateway to your Saves list
City Suites Gateway
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.442 Jhong Jheng East Road, Dayuan Town, Taoyuan 337, Taiwan   |
Ranked #30 of 102 hotels in Taoyuan
Taichung, Taiwan
“Okay stopover before a flight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special about the place and nothing of interest nearby. The room was clean enough and the wifi worked so that is about at all you can expect. There seemed to be a large number of Chinese tourists there as well.

Stayed June 2013

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Only stayed a night here for a stopover before our tour started. There is absolutely NO amenities around that area, so if you don't wanna eat at their restaurant, you can call a cab to go somewhere else. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly.

Lots of tours start from this hotel it seems. Because of that, some groups tend to become really boisterous, even late at night. I was unfortunate to be on a level where people were yelling across to one another along the corridor.

The room was rather clean, but there was no view. The TV was the old boxy kind. The toilet was clean but poorly lit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Yes, it's near to the airport. The next stop you will see some peoples is about 10 minutes walk away passing through rows of wooden shop lots, car workshops, and abandoned land.
There is absolutely nothing outside the hotel. The breakfast is by far, the worst I have ever encountered, for the price that I paid.
The room boasts two double beds, which none of us know. Otherwise we would've shared 4 pax in a room. Poorly informed, such a waste. Go to other hotels. Don't waste time here.

Room Tip: The rooms are big and ok. Just check if you have two double beds, then 4 people can be in a room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

stayed on this hotel because the flight my families is catching is very early and since the nearest economical hotel is here. i'm staying in a two double bed room. room is considered nice, not too tiny with a window. the bathroom is clean,shower is fine. beds are OK,with old fashion TV .there is a place u can fill in with hot and cold drinking water on every floor.there's also a seven eleven five min walks away

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

On a recent holiday in Taiwan, on the 2nd last day we travelled from Kaoshuing back to the north to catch our flight home. After much thought, we decided to get off the High Speed Rail (HSR) at Taoyuan station rather than go further to Taipei as our flight was early on the next day. This turned out to be a good decision as the airport was only 5 mins away by cab. Cost of cab was TWD200 for the short ride.

The hotel was however very tired and the room I got smelled of cigarette smoke although I specifically asked for a non-smoking room. The bathroom was clean but also looked very tired. For dinner, we took a cab into Zhongli town which costs us TWD500 each way.

The complimentary breakfast was crowded with tour participants and we had trouble getting into the limited lifts. Food at the buffet was way below expectation.

Not the best of hotels but the proximity to the airport for our early morning flight out weighed the other factors.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Vashon, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is near the airport (10 minutes), relatively cheap ($82.00) and my room was nice. It goes downhill from there. They announced a surcharge for airport transportation. Translation: take a taxi. The rooms are cold and the "suite" consists of a small room with two chairs and a t.v. It was so cold that I would have preferred watching t.v. in bed. I finally got into bed with a book to get warm, although it was a balmy day when I arrived. The service is indifferent at best and, at least on my floor, there was no wifi. When I went into the lobby, where they do have wifi, it was so slow that I gave up before I finished downloading the files I wanted. At present the exterior is covered in scaffolding and I thought it was a construction site. There is nothing nearby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had an early international flight the next day and I usually spent my time in Southern Taiwan. The price was reasonable and it was close to the High Speed rail (225-250 NT) and close to the airport (200 NT and ~ 7 minutes to the airport).

There were several downsides:

After the short night I stayed there, I had several bug bites around my neck and legs. This gave me a lot of concerns about the cleanliness.

Another is the construction and the noisiness. Of course the hotel cannot do anything about the construction and the view of their place, but they could do something about doors that they use. For my stay, there were extremely inconsiderate people on the same floor yelling. I also think someone was lost and kept saying someone's name. This lasted for about an hour (on and off) before I went out to tell them to be quiet at 11 PM.

As for the breakfast, it was an in and out thing. I ate some eggs and had some water. Took me 5 minutes before I ran out from the place to catch my flight.

One upside was the bathroom. I likes the rainshower head, which made my mood better along with the temperature control on the water. The bathroom was quite small, but it ended up being the best feature of the room. Sad.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are meant for people to stay for one night and catch a flight. Just basic things.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to City Suites Gateway? Share your experiences!