“Good family activity” 5 of 5 stars

Houston, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Good family activity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Been to Taiwan a few times and have never heard of this place before. Seems like a great activity for kids of all ages to do. And it was!
Easy to find on GPS. But, there are a few places you can start your ride. So decide on your starting point before you get there.
There are a lot of bike rental places, and most of them with parking for cars. We stopped at the first one we saw, so we had to bike through a neighborhood before the trail actually started. It wasn't bad. There were a lot more rental places further in. Make sure to check your bike before you start riding. Some of these bikes looked pretty worn.
Definitely get the electric bike. It will make your ride a lot more fun, especially during the summer. And definitely go through the tunnel. It was nice and cool.
My kids loved it!

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 attraction reviews
“Great visit for family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Went to taichung for holiday with my Dad and Sis. There doesn't seem to be much to do in Taichung and we are just there for 2 days. So decided to check this out as my dad isn't a big fan for walking. I have to say we really enjoyed our time there! And definitely one of the best places we visit in Taiwan that is suitable for the whole family!

It's quite easy to get there from taichung city but a lot of hotel staff do not really know how to get there. It's about 500NTD by taxi. Cheaper way will be to take a taxi to tonglian bus interchange, take a bus and drop at houfeng 马场. The bus ride is about 51NTD per person. When you alight you will see bicycle shops and the horse farm.

There are all kinds of bicycle even motorized ones. My advice is to rent the motorized bicycle! Cause trust me, it's gonna be a longgggg ride.. You can also get the ticket to the horse farm from the bicycle shop as it is cheaper than to buy directly from the farm. The horse farm offers horse back riding which is much cheaper than in Singapore. If my memory doesn't fail me it cause 400NTD and it closes at 430pm. Other than that there is nothing much.

Then the cycling begins! Love the scenery and a great time to bond with your family members. There are eateries along the track for you to take a break. And along the way you will see a small town as well after the lover's bridge. They sell very nice home made honey ice-cream!

We took in total about 3 and a half hour and did not manage to finish the full track! 3 motorized bicycle and 3 tickets to the horse farm for almost 4 hours only cost us 850NTD! Totally worth it and my Dad love it!

Visited May 2014