“POOR Restaurant” 1 of 5 stars
Review of bolly wood indian restaurant

bolly wood indian restaurant
166-73 sec 3, xi tun road,, Taichung, Taiwan
Improve this listing
Ranked #190 of 3,264 Restaurants in Taichung
Cuisines: Indian
“POOR Restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Oh my god!! Where do I start???

1) I order my food, exoecting "Starters" to be a starter piece, "Main" to be the main course, etc. The Main course shows up first, and the starter shows up 10 minutes later!! The starter I orderd, Samosa, are supposed to be deep fried and tey used to offer 2 of them. I was given 1 and it appeared to be microwaved.

2) You would expect an Indian restaurant to be bragging about hanving Kingfisher beer. Nope, not this place! They offered me Heineken beer, followed by others. Then the waitress finally gets to saying Kingfisher. Obviously the manager does not know how to train his people on how to offer drinks to the people.

3) I was so disgusted with the service and how slow everything was to show up that I walked up to the check out and said, "I am only paying for the beer I drank." He proceeded to ask what was wrong, to which I pointed out what was wrong. He tried to show me everythign was per what I ordered. I pointed out that that he used to offer 2 samosa and he said I should have asked for 2. I siad my chicken was a main course, yet it showe dup first. h said that deep frying takes time. B.S.!! He was busy trying to make excuses.

I finally demanded to knwo what the Kingfisher beer costs as hat was the ONLY thing I had. it was $5-US to which I then said (rather empathiclly), "$150NYT?!?!?!" No wonder they kept it off the menu. (P.S. Local beer gores for about $1.20US for a larger can...)

Bollywood USED to be an okay place to go to. But now, save your money and look around......

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The food itself was ok, nothing special but definitely edible. The prices are not cheap but in the same ball park as other Indian restaurants in Taichung. I was surprised to see Kronenberg on tap so I ordered a pint and it was super flat, they replaced it with their other tap beer being "Heineken" which once tasted was clearly Taiwan beer (but at least not flat)

Visited September 2011
Islamabad, Pakistan
“Felt at home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Good restaurant with good food & service. Although not as spicy as I like but you can always ask for it.

Visited April 2012
“Don't go!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Unauthentic Indian food at exorbitant prices with loads of cheap tat on the walls. In fact, there isn't a single value-for-money Indian restaurant in the whole of Taichung.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Bolly Wood Indian Rest. Taichung 6/10/11”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Recommended in Taiwan halal food book. Thanks to the publisher and very happy to visited this place. Worth to give it a try and definately will visit again in the future. Big portion dish and fair price. Very friendly staffs.

• Visited October 2011