“great location, rooms are fine but bathroom can be improved” 4 of 5 stars

Caesar Park Hotel Kenting
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.6 Kenting Road, Hengchun Town, Pingtung 946, Taiwan   |
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Pingtung
Singapore, Singapore
“great location, rooms are fine but bathroom can be improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed in one of the jacuzzi rooms and enjoyed the privacy of the private jacuzzi, simply enjoying the sunshine and chirping of the birds above. Walking distance to the Kenting night market, very convenient for dinner. The hotel's free shuttle connection to Kaohsiung HSR was also convenient, but there's only one trip per day, so if the timing doesn't suit your schedule, you may wish to consider taking the Kenting Express public bus that stops right outside the hotel.

Room was fine. Didn't really like the sliding door design of the bathroom. A bit of mildew in the joints between basin and wall, probably due to the humidity of Kenting. Not perfect but can be looked past. Staff are courteous and helpful, though they may not be able to offer very personalised service due to the large number of guests the hotel caters to.

There is a private path for guests to access Hsiaowan Beach. We tried it but found it easier and faster to just cross the regular street.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived early at around noon
And of course the front desk will have wait till the room are ready which normally check in time is around three
I did not ask for early check in and we were happy to stay at the pool side till three
However they rang us as one of the room was ready
As we arrived the room realised the room was about 500m away from the lift which was not a very friend for me as a 6months pregnant woman so we asked the front desk if we could have room changed closed to the lift
The first respond from the front desk was
"Would you like to pay extra to stay at the room on the first floor?"
Come on~ this is for sure not the standard responds you should answered
So I told her no we did just like to have a room that's closer to the lift as I am pregnant~
So she finally told me to give her a second to see if there are other rooms available
Then she ring back the closes room she could find is about 450m away from the lift
~which to me it doesn't helped much does it!?
As I was thinking if I should take the room she told me that if we are certain she will have to ask us to leave the current room now and wait while the other room is still cleaning~

I asked her if we could keep the room till the other room's ready she told me no because this is an early check in she offered us!!!

Lol hello front desk ppl
I did never asked to check in early ok!!! So stop saying it like you did do me a favourite and I did not appreciated it!!!
I'll never return and never appreciate it's service at all!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I have to say this is always my ranked No1 Kenting resort of all time due to its great location and the truly tropical atmosphere. However, we revisited this hotel for our family holidays after 3 years and I am surprised with the terrible food quality especially the breakfast and dinner buffet. Also the indoor decorations are getting quite old and absolutely need some renovation.
Having sat that, they still have the lovely garden, best pool where kids enjoy a lot, and the lovely trial to its half-owned beach.
If possible, get the pool access Garden room. Also try avoid Spring break if you don't fancy for head rocking music and half-naked teens and young adults.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shanghai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Before I book Caesar Kenting, some friends strongly recommended vacation rental there. It is very popular in Kenting. But in my opinion, I still think hotel is more comfortable and convenient. So, I choose Caesar. It is the best in Kenting. If you want to be there, I highly recommend you choose this hotel and book through their website. They always provide several packages to save your money.
The hotel has a good location. It is located in the beginning of the night market. I spent all nights to walk around and have food during my stay.
For the staffs, they are nice and helpful. I can see the smile always on their face.
For the room, room for couples is slightly small, but others are fine, I recommend you book family room even you are couples. It is bigger at the same price. Of course, you have to sacrifice large balcony.
The breakfast is very good. They have variety choices. Most of all, the coffee machine is great. Cappuccino, mocca, expresso even milk tea all can be made it.
Hotel also provide free shuttle bus service to high speed railway station. It takes 2 hours for single trip journey. So, I feel very convenient to use this free service.
Anyway, if I visit Kenting again, I will definitely choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Family room is bigger
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

the bar is not that high. We stayed 9(!) days in Kenting, as this was my wife's family reunion. The hotel was renovated recently (2005?) and there were additional rooms being worked on during our stay.

Unfortunately, we ran into some terrible weather, which resulted in us having to spend a lot of time at the hotel itself, rather than at the beach or driving around. As such, we extensively used the facilities. What we noticed is that, aside from the front desk and the cleaning crew, most of the staff members (restaurants, concierge, shops, poolside, children's area) are really not very much into hospitality. To be fair, this seems to be a pattern with other establishments in Kenting, where people really are not very friendly or welcoming. Instead, you get the feeling they are kind of stuck in their jobs and not interested.

There are a few exceptions, including Mike (the front desk GM) who wanted to make sure we had a good time, even if the rest of the hotel or the weather did not cooperate.

The positives - Clean, nice grounds, great pool, children's area (if a bit outdated and under-utilized), the rooms.

The neutral - OK breakfast and dinner buffet, Nice semi-private beach (although the bathrooms were under renovation),

The negatives - Staff Hospitality, Other Restaurants, Weak Organized Programs.

Still, this is the best in Kenting (we did have time to check other places), if you happen to want/need to spend time there.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room and choose the higher floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We spent 3 nights in this great hotel. The first two were spent in a pokey, dark, dingey, un-renovated, extremely shabby room with no side tables, no reading lights (impossible to read in bed) ,no room for the suitcases, 1970's-style stained carpet. The balcony was OK but not enough light to read.
Then on the final night we were upgraded to an infinitely nicer room- renovated, luxurious and chic. It was hard to believe that the two rooms were in the same hotel. It seems to be the case that all the rooms with only one double bed are the dingy, tiny, un-renovated sort, and all the ones with two double beds are the renovated and much bigger ones. Be very careful! The smaller rooms are genuinely horrible. We paid TWD 4400 for the first 2 nights and TWD 4138 on the third night. ( I think we were given such a good discount for the good room as it was on a Wednesday night when the hotel was pretty quiet).
Once you remove the terrible first room from the equation, this is a good hotel (but not quite 5 star). Breakfast and indoor dinner buffets are excellent quality ( we also had the outside BBQ buffet, but the quality and the variety of the foods on offer were not as good as the inside buffet). We were given vouchers to give us 2 for 1 in the restaurants, I think because we were there mid-week.
The gardens are beautifully manicured and the reception area is very elegant.
There is a beautiful beach bar, belonging to the hotel, across the road. Excellent live music every night.
If coming from Kaoshiung, the hotel offers a free shuttle every day at 14.15 from Zoying HSR station (the return bus leaves the hotel at 11.30 every day). It is definitely worth taking as the Kenting Express costs TWD 450 one way of TWD 600 return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I'm a Malaysian, and I tend to be quite picky and demanding. Our stay was on 21st Feb 2014.
Yes they journey to Kenting is rather tiring. I was getting a bit impatient and really put quite a high expectation for the stay in this hotel to be good which make me travel so far.
And it has proven it really is worth the long journey!!

This is definitely one of the best hotel/ resort that I've been. The room are really spacious. After putting our bags, the staff told us that we can eat the fruits, drink the drinks int he refrigerator and ask for them again if we want. Well, this is the first time I stayed in a hotel that allow guest to get the drinks from the refrigerator for free AND ask for it again! We were lucky to get a seaview and the view was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! As it was still in February, the wind that was blowing was COLD!! not COOL... ^^"
Room was really worth the money. Did not really notice anything dirty and stain in the room. Swimming pool was ok and you can 'borrow' swimming caps from them. There's a jacuzzi near the swimming pool.
Staff was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy helpful and cheerful. Nth to complain about that. For example, we were renting a bicycle and not sure how long we are going to use it, and the staff told us we can go and take it a ride first and pay later after the ride depending on how long it is.

Beach was just across the road. Don't worry, the road is safe, there's not much car there too.
There's children's playground and arcade centre, ping pong tables, etc.. A very good place for families of children.
Breakfast was awesome! There were plenty of good spreads. There were also soy bean milk which surprised me for some reason. What more can you ask for when you can have your slow and good breakfast while enjoying the view of the blue beach... ahhh #IWannaGoBackThere..

Only one complain for me which was, our room balcony was a bit dirty/dusty. Its not dirty bcoz of the leaves from the wind blowing, but more of dusty. Our room wasn't very cold at all. Well I'm not sure if bcoz the outside is colder or the aircond needs service.
During our stay, the staff of the hotel request to collect and tidy up the umbrellas beside the beach around 6pm which is the sunset time.. I think they hotel should only tidy them up after the sunset.
One of the highlights of my first trip to Taiwan..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Caesar Park Hotel Kenting? Share your experiences!